• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

brianfrance

Established Member
JazzG said:
Can't see Wenger spending £20mill on a player like him, up to £12mill maybe but I'm not sure if we can afford to spend so much on a holding midfield player. Do you really think Lyon would ask for that much Brian? They let Malouda go for around £13.5mill and he was quite an established player and was player of the year in France when he left Lyon.

Have we been linked with him recently at all Brian?

There's a fact, Toulalan was bought to replace M.Diarra - And he's been better than Diarra IMO. So why would they sold him for less ? If you want to compare with Malouda, I would say that Toulalan is better in his role than Malouda in his role, if you get what I mean. I really think that Toulalan is worth every penny Aulas would ask for.

We haven't been linked in the press recently, but grimandi is regurlarly showed in attendance of Lyon's games, and was regurlarly in Nantes in the past. And Wenger watch players for years.

Obertan wouldn't cost too much as he's really young and unexperienced, don't know precisely how much though

Jaded

Invincible said:
Miguel Veloso.

There's a player who'll have me incredibly excited were he to join, and will be the best replacement for Flamini even though I don't think he would do exactly the same job. But he's a fantastic player and I'd love us to sign him.

It's only a pipe dream though so why bother. :(

He has been inconsistent for the past couple of months now. Its quite worrying actually, every time i watch Sporting play, he always suspect to try something audacious like dribbling past 2-3 players when he should focusing more on his best trait, his defending and his ability to break up opposition game. Portuguese paper has been less forgiving, i know a lot of my Portuguese bud wants him to be dropped from the national squad. Its very worrying when players like Petit and Maniche now are ahead of him.

Like a lot of his former Sporting buddy (Nani and Ronaldo), he has massive amount of ego, like he doesn't need to be on top of his game when he knows he will be leaving for bigger clubs. If i has to say, his team mate Moutinho and Vukcevic has improved leap and bound compared to him.

KY

Established Member
I wonder what people now think of joaquin? 2 or 3 years ago he was one of the hottest properties on the market. Now he's being linked to the likes of everton. What a drop in stardom. What if he joins us? anyone think he'll be any good?

belgianfan

KY said:
I wonder what people now think of joaquin? 2 or 3 years ago he was one of the hottest properties on the market. Now he's being linked to the likes of everton. What a drop in stardom. What if he joins us? anyone think he'll be any good?

Well, I have been a fan of him since his betis days. At times when he's on form, he was probably one of the best wingers I have ever seen. Such lightning quick pace, lovely skill and dribbling ability.
I remember a game against barcelona, where he just completely destroyed them and was dribbling for fun.

I heard he has some problems this season, if he could get his head back in the game and the desire back. He could be immense and on his day nobody can stop him. But is it too late?

nazo

Established Member
Going by the players available/Wenger's comments, my wish-list is:
-Nasri
-Ben Arfa
-Cana
-Richards/Dunne

I would add Gomes to that but Wenger isn't looking for a gk apparently.

Dez

People got distracted by a Ben Arfa, I think most would think Dimitrov is a secondary target like Gourfran after the front line targets of Ben Arfa or Nasri.

Rahul

Arshavin
Ben Arfa
Nasri

any two of the three if Hleb is leavin or any one of the first two if Hleb stays....and im over the moon.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why people keep talking about Dimitrov? How many of them have seen him playing on telly, even just in a handful of games?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I hope hope hope for this. Dreaming though. 4 out of those is good enough

IN
Nasri
Arshavin
Ben Arfa
Richards
Toulalan
Mertesacker
Akinfeev
Gouffran
Quaresma
Dimitrov
Silva

OUT
Hoyte
Gilberto
Almunia
Flamini

nidza7

Established Member
Good choice A-h

my choice Arshavin,Nasri,Meira,Toulalan,Akinfeev and maybe Luis Fabiano.

I`d keep Gilberto.

nidza7

Established Member
also interesting is AW saying EPL expirience players are less risky to sign.

can`t find these quotes though.Saw them the other day.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I don't think that means much tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if all of Wenger's signings are players who have never had any experience of playing in the English Premiership.

ricky1985

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
INS

BEN ARFA WING
NASRI CM- WIDE
BARRY CM-DM-LB

VILLA (at the right price)

OUTS

HOYTE
HLEB

Do you reckon we are all right at CB then mate?

BTW I would cry tears of joy, and cum several times if we got Barry, Nasri and Ben Arfa :)

Top Bottom