• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Juicy

qs said:
Yaya swap for Hleb
Nasri for £11/12m
Dunne £3-5m
Gomes £10m

I reckon thats enough to win us the league TBH.

Let's think about the difference in our squad:
Hleb would change to Nasri, that is a short-term step backwards, no doubt about it.
Dunne would give us cover, and act as a solution to bullying forwards, but wouldn't change our team a HUGE amount
Gomes would give us a better keeper.

Assuming Man U and Chelsea both improve, we will not win the league if we do that. To be honest, if we sell Hleb (which is by no means a certainty), we are unlikely to win the league.

Juicy

Asterix said:
Hleb has left us mentally, so we need a replacement, which will be Nasri.
I'm sure you're right, but is that enough to allow us to win the league (we will be adding no depth to the wings, just replacing one of our best players with someone who is not currently as good a footballer).As I said, if we do just what Qs says, we will not, contrary to what he might think, win the league.

Also, Dunne wouldn't cost £3-5 million, he would be much more.

Zico

Established Member
Let's bring back the David Villa thread for fun.

It is reported that cash-strapped Valencia would like to sell him for 40 million Euros but the market is unlikely to offer anything more than 25 million Euros. See below (in Spanish).

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbo ... ftb_61/Tes

Villa is the type of name that would strike fear in opponents hearts. He and Cesc get along. Arsène has to make a move of this magnitude for the players, fans and opponents to take this club more seriously next year.

Wokich

sashakal said:
qs said:
Yaya swap for Hleb
Nasri for £11/12m
Dunne £3-5m
Gomes £10m

I reckon thats enough to win us the league TBH.

Let's think about the difference in our squad:
Hleb would change to Nasri, that is a short-term step backwards, no doubt about it.
Dunne would give us cover, and act as a solution to bullying forwards, but wouldn't change our team a HUGE amount
Gomes would give us a better keeper.

Assuming Man U and Chelsea both improve, we will not win the league if we do that. To be honest, if we sell Hleb (which is by no means a certainty), we are unlikely to win the league.

I think that could be enough to win it. Remember, that we were only 4 points off this year. If Gomes could have stopped one more goal against ManU and we pull one more win out of a tie then we would have lifted the trophy. This team is very close!

Zico

Established Member
Oh, and Porto just lost their Champions Leauge place due to the corruption that occured during the Mourinho era. Let's get Quaresma as a direct replacement for Hleb. If he's available for 15 million pounds as rumoured, a net 3 million pounds between Hleb and Quaresma is a real steal.

DOUBLE-YOU

This is going to sound like a ridiculous suggestion, but why don't we go for Ronaldinho? Yes i know he couldn't play for toffee last year, but he has more ability in his "wasted" body than 98% of players on this earth. He is 28 so we can still get 3 good seasons out of him and Wenger is the type of manager who could do so.
We could play him as a second striker. Even if he can't dribble as well as before he still has a killer pass and more importantly he scores goals.
Initially the thought never crossed my mind, but the more i think about it and the sillier it sounds, the more it makes sense. (always sense in nonsense - as they say) He isn't as injury prone as Van Persie and i think he could be a good influence on the younger players. Gilberto, denilson are there to keep him company too. It really isn't a silly idea

gunnerama911

DOUBLE-YOU said:
This is going to sound like a ridiculous suggestion, but why don't we go for Ronaldinho? Yes i know he couldn't play for toffee last year, but he has more ability in his "wasted" body than 98% of players on this earth. He is 28 so we can still get 2 couple of good seasons out of him and Wenger is the type of manager who could do so.
We could play him as a second striker. Even if he can't dribble as well as before (although i am not convinced it is all lost) he still has a killer pass and more importantly he scores goals.
Initially the thought never crossed my mind, but the more i think about it and the sillier it sounds, the more it makes sense. (always sense in nonsense - as they say) He isn't as injury prone as Van Persie and i think he could be a good influence on the younger players. Gilberto, denilson are there to keep him company too. It really isn't a silly idea
I was talking to my friends about this but they all called me an idiot. I'm certain Wenger could reignite his career. So when Barca say "£13m for Hleb?" I hope Wenger says "No thanks I'll have Ronaldinho". The man has so much ability it's beyond belief, he just needs a new project.

DOUBLE-YOU

gunnerama911 said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
This is going to sound like a ridiculous suggestion, but why don't we go for Ronaldinho? Yes i know he couldn't play for toffee last year, but he has more ability in his "wasted" body than 98% of players on this earth. He is 28 so we can still get 2 couple of good seasons out of him and Wenger is the type of manager who could do so.
We could play him as a second striker. Even if he can't dribble as well as before (although i am not convinced it is all lost) he still has a killer pass and more importantly he scores goals.
I was talking to my friends about this but they all called me an idiot. I'm certain Wenger could reignite his career. So when Barca say "£13m for Hleb?" I hope Wenger says "No thanks I'll have Ronaldinho". The man has so much ability it's beyond belief, he just needs a new project.

i think you have got it spot on and the prem is one hell of a new project. If he is willing to come to England, then we should really go for it. I refuse to believe he couldn't play the role of second striker better than Hleb.

Wokich

1. Vidran Corluka
2. Ricardo Carvalho
3. Per Mertesacker

Arsenal would win the premiership with any of these three. There is not a good chance of us getting any of them . . . .

but that's my wish.

Zico

Established Member
I've mentioned Ronaldinho before. He's a fantastic player who just lost his way a bit. There are numerous challenges with him. Firstly, he would probably want 120 000 pounds plus, which a team like Citeh can throw at him, but we cannot. Secondly, he has that entourage and his silly brother who overshadow the footballing side of his life. Would even Wenger be able to sideline his posse of handlers and hangers-on? Thirdly, how motivated is he? I do feel that this is a problem with many Brazilian virtuosos. They are brilliant between the ages of 18 and 24, but then they go cold thereafter. Is it a motivational issue that these Brazilian stars have? Are they satisfied once FIFA has bestowed a world's best title on them?

Would playing at Arsenal be enough of a challenge to reignite Ronaldo's desire, make him focus on football, and be willing to play at reduced wages?

Wokich

quincy42 said:
I've mentioned Ronaldinho before. He's a fantastic player who just lost his way a bit. There are numerous challenges with him. Firstly, he would probably want 120 000 pounds plus, which a team like Citeh can throw at him, but we cannot. Secondly, he has that entourage and his silly brother who overshadow the footballing side of his life. Would even Wenger be able to sideline his posse of handlers and hangers-on? Thirdly, how motivated is he? I do feel that this is a problem with many Brazilian virtuosos. They are brilliant between the ages of 18 and 24, but then they go cold thereafter. Is it a motivational issue that these Brazilian stars have? Are they satisfied once FIFA has bestowed a world's best title on them?

Would playing at Arsenal be enough of a challenge to reignite Ronaldo's desire, make him focus on football, and be willing to play at reduced wages?

no. There are many better ways to spend that much money.

Anzac

Established Member
I wish that our 1st team players would stop talking about leaving;
I wish that we'd stop renegotiating contracts that are only 12 months old;
I wish we had some more money & pulling power to put together a squad that will frighten the debt riddled Chel$ki & ManU;
I wish we could dominate the EPL & CL for a decade without joining the debtor's club;
I wish that the Manager & Board would stop pandering to these players;
I wish RVP & Rosicky would stay fit for an entire season;
I wish Eduardo to get well soon and come back to his former form;

I wish the season was here...............

-Shaun-

GaelForce22 said:
Arshavin
Nasri
Barry
Big Scary Centre back in the Vidic/ Terry mould.

No-one else to leave.

Amen :wink: Could not agree more.

Firstly, Arshavin impresses me very much. I've only seen him a couple of times, and he was incredible in the Uefa Cup Final against Rangers. Looks like a Wenger signing to me, relativley young, very good technically on the ball. He could be the wide player that we crave for. Also Nasri, not quite sure on his situation at the moment, but he will be a big player if he comes IMO. Meh, Barry will go to Liverpool or stay. I doubt Le Boss is in for him, he'll probably be overpriced. Also Zapata would do for me as a CB.

Top Bottom