• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GaelForce22

Established Member
American_Gooner said:
GaelForce22 said:
[
Did you read Gallas' profile of each player. For most of them he said "is quiet in the dressing room."
Link please?

Don't think there will be a link, it was in this membership magazine you get with renewal forms. Which players were you interested in, I can type up what he said about them.

Anzac

Established Member
Vibe said:
Villa is a superb striker but we are not missing out on anything. There is already a vast array of POTENTIALtop quality strikers at our disposal and we can win competitions with them IF THEY STAY FIT & COME GOOD.

corrections added............ :wink:

Vibe

A good football team is like a nice set of home theatre. In order to produce the best entertainment and quality output, it must consists of full components, namely a big fat LCD screen/digital projector, a Blu-ray disc player, a 7.1 Channel audio system and a room with sound insulation. Unfortunately, certain equipments receive much more appreciation than the rest just like certain positions in a football team.

We are roughly missing 2 of the main components listed above with only the LCD screen and the Blu-ray disc player in our hands. David Villa was once before the Euro nothing more than a bigger LCD screen with a couple of new features that was on a discount. Despite improving the viewing quality it doesn't yield a perfect experience because the terrific sound feedback is not there. Alas, it's common knowledge that us guys can't stand a bigger LCD screen on a discount whenever we find it and no matter how incomplete our home theatre might be. The new shinny screen never ceases to make us drool and it clouds our judgment of the bigger picture.

Anzac

Established Member
No wonder we get it wrong then - Blue Ray is supposed to be the next Betamax - we're meant to have HD-DVD!!!!
It's just like the story when LFC signed Djiouff - they meant to say Dioup(sp?)!!!!

And I take it that you are meaning we can't resist drooling over the new shiny screen on discount instead of replacing / upgrading our sound system.

Anzac

Established Member
People are always talking about the next Pele / Maradonna / Zidane, h*ll I'd wet myself if we had the next B listers - the next Cryuff / Zico / van Basten / Ruud G etc.

Kraig

Established Member
Anzac said:
No wonder we get it wrong then - Blue Ray is supposed to be the next Betamax - we're meant to have HD-DVD!!!!
It's just like the story when LFC signed Djiouff - they meant to say Dioup(sp?)!!!!

And I take it that you are meaning we can't resist drooling over the new shiny screen on discount instead of replacing / upgrading our sound system.

HD-DVD is officially discontinued. Blu-Ray is now the only source for high def movies. Oh, please stop talking about bloody TV's and surround sounds! I bloody manage the TV centre at Currys and it just reminds me of bloody work!!!

Alfonso

Established Member
Cassano. I know he is a hot head but ive always been a big fan of his as he is one of the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen, and I think his troubles are behind him as he reaches his mid to late 20s (he seems to be able to handle responsiblity and is getting more mature). Could be another Seria A Wenger wonder. It will be really interesting to see how he peforms tomorrow night against the French as ive heard Donadoni will play him from the start instead of Del Piero. A transfer risk worth taking imo.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Has everything Hleb has and more, would be a massive risk though. And i don't think you can say his 'problems' are over yet. Saying that I would absoloutely love it if Wenger took that risk, he could be absoloutely amazing for us.

By the way is he a Real player still or have Sampdoria made his signing permanent?

gunnerama911

gunnerama911 said:
Gokhan Inler.
<a class="postlink" href="http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/06/17/Serie-A-Inler-watched-by-scouts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... by-scouts/</a>

:)

TheJoyofCesc

Wenger get your chequebook out.

In denying he's made overtures to Liverpool and Chelsea, Villa insists that he would not be tempted by the likely increase in salary that a move away from Valencia could bring.
"Money means nothing," Villa added. "Of course, everybody works to earn money, but if you are not happy, material things mean nothing. My only target in life is to get better at my job."

Surely and come and get me plea to Arsène?
Sadly, he now probably wouldn't want to cough up the rapidly rising asking price.

TheJoyofCesc

Eboue.

Seriously though, I'm a big RVP fan and it's good to see he's scored tonight. Would love to see him stay fit as it would solve many a problem up front. Too early to be getting too optimistic on that front though but the more games he plays from now to the season opener the better.

Eduardo could still be several months away from full fitness, Bendtner is too hit and miss for me and Walcott still largely unproven as a striker in the Prem.

RVP and Eduardo could both be prolific, Bendtner and Walcott much less so and with Hleb possibly on his way (hopefully not) and Rosicky missing the start of next season (surprise, surprise) we need someone who can come in and bang in the goals from the off.

Villa could be that man.
Granted that there may be an adjustment period in moving to a new league but Torres managed it effortlessly and was a much bigger hit in his first season than I expected him to be and to be totally honest, if you are an intelligent, gifted and confident player then you should be able to adapt to different playing styles, or pace of play anywhere.

As to where he fits in, will leave that to Arsène. The important thing for me is to make the signing.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Now that France heavily underperformed at the Euros, I reckon we should raid the country. The likes of Lyon and such won't have the clout to ask for silly money from their french players that couldn't make it out of the group stage.

Toulalan, maybe? He looked good, despite clearly not being what France needed at times. Maybe a more dynamic midfielder would work best, though.

I still think we should get Coupet. He was hardly at fault for some of the magnificent goals that Les Grenouilles had conceeded, and his class showed against Italy today with a couple of breathtaking saves. Also, he's better than Almunia and isn't he free? Or very cheap now, considering that he's leaving...

sam961gunners

I think it is vital that Wenger steps up in the transfer market and really goes for it theis year. Money is no longer a problem, so there isnt really any excuses. With Chelsea and United potentially loosing their keys players Drogba and Ronaldo, there is a big opportunity for us next season, providing we sign a few class players. First off i would sign Given for £5 from Newcastle, Almunia's still a bit dodgy for me. If Hleb goes to Barca i would try and get Yaya Toure in return, if its Madrid then Sneijder. My number one target would be Gareth Barry but he's got his heart set on a move to Anfield so maybe Toulalan. My team would look something like this:

----------------Given---------------
----Sagna--Toure--Gallas--Clichy----
--Sneijder--Barry--Fabregas--Nasri--
--------v.Persie---Adebayor---------

qs

Established Member
Everton will make a £6m bid for Dutch midfielder Orlando Engelaar

I'd quite like us to make that bid. He looks well decent for Holland

raidersoftheark

Established Member
qs said:
Everton will make a £6m bid for Dutch midfielder Orlando Engelaar

I'd quite like us to make that bid. He looks well decent for Holland

Isn't Engelaar more of an attack-minded CM? He looks great, but I'm not sure if he's exactly what we need.

Gurgen

Established Member
Engelaar is a good player, but his flaws (not very mobile, prone to the occasional lapse of concentration) are the last thing we need in central midfield right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom