• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

entropy13

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
clockwork orange said:
Rolfes is a reliable solid DMF. Tall, physically strong. Good header both defensive and offensive. Basically just what the doctor ordered.
leverkusen is second in the bundesliga or thereabouts, no? i cant possibly see them selling their captain in january. he sounds like what we need, though, from what you describe.

Leverkusen and Hoffenheim often switch places at the top recently because their games aren't played on the same day (so far). :wink:

Lord Dula

Established Member
I'd take anyone right now, but would like to see these guys walk through the entrance door in Jan:-

Vieira, Henry - both would pump up the place, and I'd like to see Chiellini.

kamikaze80

Established Member
haha now we sound like scousers begging for robbie fowler to come back. is this what we're reduced to? ;)

my wishlist:
a CM with leadership qualities like ballack, de rossi, flamini
a physically superior CB

i think we can make do with almunia if barca can get by with valdes.

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Let's try getting Naldo/Mertesacker while Werder Bremen are struggling.

now you're talking - they have height - how are they for pace & are they tough / hard????

entropy13

Established Member
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:

now you're talking - they have height - how are they for pace & are they tough / hard????

They actually run quite fast, considering Naldo is 6'3" and Mertesacker is 6'6". Naldo can also be an option with free-kicks.

Mertesacker had some injury problems however.

Regarding Naldo, he certainly is hard and tough, I remember his VERY LONG, last-ditch sliding tackle a season or two ago. :p

Anzac

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Anzac said:
entropy13 said:

They actually run quite fast, considering Naldo is 6'3" and Mertesacker is 6'6". Naldo can also be an option with free-kicks.

Mertesacker had some injury problems however.

Regarding Naldo, he certainly is hard and tough, I remember his VERY LONG, last-ditch sliding tackle a season or two ago. :p

They need pace to play our high line - Senderos lacks it & needs to be able to attack the ball.

Mertesacker is still in his early 20s - 22 / 23 - could it be that his body is still adjusting re his height & he may 'grow out of it' as he physically matures?

I want the tall CB to be tough so as to dominate in the air - this is perhaps Djourou's current failing - he has the height & pace, but not the determination.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Mertesacker is a more talented Djourou. He wouldn't be a bad signing, and I'd certainly take him if he's the best/most expensive Arsène's going for, but otherwise, I'd still like a better defender. Still, beggars can't be choosers.

Dunno a thing about Naldo.

GaelForce22

Established Member
qs said:
Dunne, Inler, Young and Frey

Would win us the title and then some.

Anyone think De Rossi would want to come here if Roma continue their poor form and get knocked out of the Champions League?

entropy13

Established Member
Which Young though qs? Luke Young? :p

Let's see...Naldo, Frey, Arturo Vidal (just remembered him when I was playing the FM2009 demo, and I don't really know much about him :lol:)

I can't seem to find my old post (at least a year old already) here in this thread where I've already mentioned Naldo and Frey. It seems I have to stop mentioning them here to make it more realistic for them to sign for Arsenal? :p

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Mr. Hotshot said:
petr cech
nemanja vidic
steven gerrard
fabrizio miccoli
no thanks (better than Al, but has lost the "it" factor since he has been injured).. would prefer someone like Frey

ok (we need a big commanding CB)

no thanks (you really want that diving scouser here?)

seriously? no thank you.. better than no one we currently have

TomasCR

Established Member
You really think Gerrard is a diving scouser USA? This kind of player is something we´re missing right now. No one, no one of our midfielders is as many-sided, complete, versatile or how should I call it as Gerrard and to be honest, I would do "anything" to have him at Arsenal...

entropy13

Established Member
Gerrard is a foreigner hiding in an Englishman's body. He's better than the Chinese in diving. Although at least the Chinese do it in a pool and not on a field.

Latest posts

Top Bottom