• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I want us to hold on to all of our players (if someone really has to go it should be Gallas, but only if he hands in a transfer request) and sign a winger and a central midfielder. That's pretty much it. I can't believe people wanna thin the squad even worse in january.

Kraig

Established Member
im probably gonna be alone in this one but

morten gamst pedersen

i know his form has dropped off but he clearly has ability and would give us a genuine wide man who wouldnt cost a great deal

hell, hes better than diaby or denny on the wing

ricky1985

Established Member
I think Pedersen is a good player but I dont think he is the sort of wide man that Wenger likes.

Maybe in most supportes eyes it would make sense. Someone who can cross a ball for Adebayor to be on the end of. Result - more chances and more goals. But we all know Wenger likes the width to be provided by the fullbacks and the wide midfielders to be playmakers, who pass and move there way to goal.

I for one like that style, and want us to sign better players to implement it. Although there is no doubting whatever system you play Pedersen is a better left-sided midfielder than Abou Diaby.

Kraig

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I think Pedersen is a good player but I dont think he is the sort of wide man that Wenger likes.

Maybe in most supportes eyes it would make sense. Someone who can cross a ball for Adebayor to be on the end of. Result - more chances and more goals. But we all know Wenger likes the width to be provided by the fullbacks and the wide midfielders to be playmakers, who pass and move there way to goal.

I for one like that style, and want us to sign better players to implement it. Although there is no doubting whatever system you play Pedersen is a better left-sided midfielder than Abou Diaby.

i agree to some level but theo wouldnt fall into that category. his main attribute is his pace to beat the man and cross. i think someone like pedersen would at least give us more options and would stop us becoming so bloody narrow

ricky1985

Established Member
Thats true, but he isn't really your traditional winger who gets to the byline and whips it in. He moves his way to goal, but is still learning to pass his way there. In a team functioning properly he would have a simialr role to Ljungberg's in the unbeaten team. I think he'll move up front pretty soon anyway, once Wilshere matures sufficiently.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Pedersen isnt real high on my list... i'd take Kranjcar before Pedersen... either of them would be an upgrade from what we have there currently though...

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Didn't know Bullard was maybe leaving Fulham. I'd take him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/7792535.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 792535.stm</a>

outlaw_member

Established Member
hmmm....

--------Inler-Cesc-----
Ben Arfa----------Nasri
-------RVP---Aguero----

------Toulalan-Gago----
----------Cesc---------
--Zarate----------Lavezzi
---------Eduardo-------

-----Coquelin-Ramsey---
Wilshere----------Merida
-----Vela------Walcott-

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Rofl.

Good theory there, though. I have also expressed in the past how I think a similar formation could work (The middle one is the ideal, with Nasri placed in Cesc's role and pushed upward to the wingers)

-------Enforcer - Cesc-------
-----Zarate---Nasri---Creative+Pacy winger---
------------Adebayor-----------

qs

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
Pedersen, Giovanni?

You know your players are s**t when players like the above are on the wish list.

Do you watch football at all? Even Arsenal?

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
hmmm....

--------Inler-Cesc-----
Ben Arfa----------Nasri
-------RVP---Aguero----

------Toulalan-Gago----
----------Cesc---------
--Zarate----------Lavezzi
---------Eduardo-------

-----Coquelin-Ramsey---
Wilshere----------Merida
-----Vela------Walcott-

No Adebayor? The clubs top scorer. One of the best in Europe. I were adding the likes of Zarate instead? No thanks

outlaw_member

Established Member
You obviously know nothing about Zarate, besides I had him occupying the RW spot. Since when did Ade play there? Just in case, you didn't notice, this was also the wish list thread. Ade is great, but there are players who can become better than him, whom I would prefer in the long term.

IBL

Established Member
Cruz has hinted that he'd leave Blackburn for a bigger club, if we could sell Bendtner for 5mil and add another 5mil we could afford this guy, a very solid all round striker who'd compliment any of our forwards I reckon.

Watching Madrid-Valencia earlier today with two proper, pacey wingers in Robben and Joquin made me painfully realise just how badly we lack someone in that position (apart from Walcott, that is)

Top Bottom