• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
I think that Agger possesses the ideal skillset to play for us, whilst being available within our price range. He is fairly quick, decent in the air, strong, and very good on the ball. It's the lack of deficiencies in his game, that particularly attracts me to him. You could partner him with either Djourou or Gallas, and get the desired effect. As opposed to Senderos, or Toure, or even Gallas, who need to be deployed with certain types of defenders, in order to get the best out of them.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yeah, he's extremely versatile. I very much doubt that Rafa would sell him to us though. To sell Keane to Sp**s is one thing - they're fighing to avoid relegation anyway. To improve a top four rival defensively is anothing thing entirely.

Then again, he WAS ready to sell Alonso. You never know what he'll do if we offer him the money.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I wouldn't put it past Benitez, afterall, he did consider selling Alonso to us. Besides, I get the feeling that he'll be off to Madrid in the summer, especially if he isn't given the control he has recently demanded.

Jkreffer

Established Member
£20million rings a bell? I thought I might have dreamt it and hoped he was still on loan so he could fulfill his dream move to arsenal this summer. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
After spending all those millions on Arshavin, I don't expect Wenger to make any major signings in the summer unless somebody (Gallas or Toure) leaves.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
oh, i dont know.. maybe we can get someone else on the down-low for a lower price than we though possible..

Inler maybe? his stock certainly hasnt gone UP this year...

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Would love Diarra, but isn't he crocked? Plus, I think he doesn't want to come here anyway.

Almunia
Sagna Agger Djourou Clichy
Nasri Cesc M.Diarra Arshavin
RVP Adebayor

Oh my yes.

Gooner_Milton

USArsenal said:
how about Essien.. or M. Diarra? since we're on a big-name signing kick, lets go for broke..

Both are great players. Realistically either one will probably cost the club an arm and a leg to acquire though. Essien will bring in excess baggage too by virtue of him being a Chelsea player. I mean look how Gallas turned out. Acquiring established players from your domestic rivals is rarely a straight forward matter.

What about Jérémy Toulalan? Being doing a great job at Lyon. Will probably be cheaper than either Essien or M. Diarra. Established and experienced, just what we need in the middle of the park.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Toulalan has expressed many times how much he loves Lyon. Just signed a new contract... what a couple of months ago?

Besides, Lyon are nearly as bad as Zenit.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Yeah, he's extremely versatile. I very much doubt that Rafa would sell him to us though. To sell Keane to Sp**s is one thing - they're fighing to avoid relegation anyway. To improve a top four rival defensively is anothing thing entirely.

Then again, he WAS ready to sell Alonso. You never know what he'll do if we offer him the money.

Look at it from Wenger's POV. Here we have a player who obviously isn't cherished by Benitez. A defender who happens to be the right age, the right price, has prem experience, brings some much needed qualities to the backline, and (perhaps most importantly for Arsène) has very good technique. I'd be very surprised if Wenger doesn't rate him. Will he go in for the Dane? That remains to be seen, but it's a perfectly plausible (and possible) option. Not to mention a good one.

Alfonso

Established Member
De Rossi-think Vidic of midfield.

The player I worry most about when we face Roma is their stand by skipper Danielle De Rossi. A true battler in every sense of the word and a terrific footballer. He is a modern day Bryan Robson/Roy Keane and would be a sensation in the prem. I rate him ahead of Gattuso who on his day is a monster too, simply because he is a better footballer as well as midfield general. He makes Flamini look like Eddie Izzard.

If we were to ever sign him we could easily have the best midfield in the world.

Arshavin De Rossi Cesc Nasri.

Just imagine?

He would be the first player on my list if he was available and I would fork out more than £20m for him. Unfortunately, he is Roma through and through and will never leave them.

DeRossi-Vucinic.jpg

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i used to hate De Rossi (from the last WC when he was sent off v. the USA for his elbow), but he has since grown on me.. he is a great player and is like a Flamini-type player with more ability and leadership.. he hasnt played up to his ability this season yet, though (given the injuries to Roma, not surprising TBH) but as Alf stated, if we had that midfield above, wow, that's all i gotta say...

born and raised in Rome = Roma legend = never leaving = fuggedaboutit

Top Bottom