• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Alfonso

Established Member
I really worry what he is going to do Song and Denilson in our games against them, US. De Rossi could play only with his left foot (assume he is right footed) and still dominate them. Oh, we are going to miss Cesc so badly for those two ties, that is when reality will sink in of his absence.

Then again, a 20 year old Flamini and a 17 year old Cesc bossed Makaelle, Lampard and Tiago in 2004 so stranger things have happened.

Nah, maybe not that strange..

progman07

Established Member
He's worth any money Arsenal are willing to pay for him. Not that that's enough to buy him... :( Really, just what we need to have a great team again.

Gooner_Milton

De Rossi would fit well.

Gonna be impossible to get him though.

He looks like to be another one of those notorious Italian 'one club hometown hero' types. Think Maldini, Del Piero and Totti.

Will be impossible to pry away from his club.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Yep, its impossible, unless Roma is relegated because he is very loyal to his club, so he won't move to another Italian club then we got a chance...

But in a realistic world after signing Arshavin...this could improve our squad...

IN
Xabi Alonso/Toulalan etc
Richards
Neuer

OUT
Eboue
Toure
Almunia

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Nah, Zapata's good but not what we need considering Djourou's development. I'd prefer Mobido Diakité whom we were linked with in january. He's been impressive in a **** Lazio ever since he came back from a difficult leg injury this fall.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Nah, Zapata's good but not what we need considering Djourou's development. I'd prefer Mobido Diakité whom we were linked with in january. He's been impressive in a s**t Lazio ever since he came back from a difficult leg injury this fall.

You keep mentioning how awesome this guy is, and while I'd like to believe you, perusing through Lazio forums even they don't know too much about him nor how good he is.

In fact, they get the impression that he's a promising kid. Don't we have enough of those? Maybe not promising defenders, but I'd really rather just get an international class CB at this time.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
raidersoftheark said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Nah, Zapata's good but not what we need considering Djourou's development. I'd prefer Mobido Diakité whom we were linked with in january. He's been impressive in a s**t Lazio ever since he came back from a difficult leg injury this fall.

You keep mentioning how awesome this guy is, and while I'd like to believe you, perusing through Lazio forums even they don't know too much about him nor how good he is.

In fact, they get the impression that he's a promising kid. Don't we have enough of those? Maybe not promising defenders, but I'd really rather just get an international class CB at this time.
Maybe, maybe not. I think that either Gallas-Djourou or Touré-Djourou will be an excellent centrepair next season anyway though, so I don't really see the need to go out and get a worldclass centreback. Besides it would most likely screw up the balance if Djourou all of a sudden became the proven and established one in our central defence. Which makes me wanna go and get a defender with huge potential who at the same time is a good backup instead. And Diakite, for the handful of games I've seen him play since his comeback, is very talented. And quick as ****. He's got all the attributes I'd like any player next to Djourou to have.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
JazzG said:
raidersoftheark said:
We have more of a chance of signing Toulalan than De Rossi.

Would take him over De Rossi as well.
really? not me.. I would take DeRossi over Toulalan any day of the week and twice on Sundays.. DeRossi is like Flamini with more skill and better leadership.. which, IMO, is exactly the type of player we need in our squad...

actually, i'd take either one of them.. they are both better than anyone else we have (by far).. we would have a better shot at Toulalan though...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
dont know.. he's played most of their matches and is the captain.. probably would still be better than anything we have, and dealing with Marseilles is (sometimes) considerably easier than dealing with Lyon..

kamikaze80

Established Member
de rossi would be the ideal CM for us right now. ticks all the boxes. will never happen though. toulalan has looked a bit static whenever i've seen him but maybe i just caught him on bad days.

JazzG

Established Member
USArsenal said:
really? not me.. I would take DeRossi over Toulalan any day of the week and twice on Sundays.. DeRossi is like Flamini with more skill and better leadership.. which, IMO, is exactly the type of player we need in our squad...

actually, i'd take either one of them.. they are both better than anyone else we have (by far).. we would have a better shot at Toulalan though...

I'd take Toulalan over him, I like De Rossi a lot as well but Toulalan is a bit special. Immense defensive player and really great at spraying the ball about aswell, really classy player. De Rossi is more of a gritty player but does have touch of elegance to him as well but just think Toulalan is brilliant. His performances at Euro 2008 weren't great but he was being played as a central midfielder alongside Makelele and that just isn't his position. Has so much class about him, not as strong or as physically dominant but his positioning is top notch and his tackling is brilliant as well, kind of like Vieira has long legs so always seems to reach the ball.

If you want to know why I rate him go watch Lyon's matches against Man utd last season in the CL, he was easily the best player over both legs and in the 2nd half of the match at Old Trafford put on an exhibition of defensive midfield play. Made the Man utd lot look like mugs on more than one occasion. brianfrance rated him well highly as well, said he was better than Diarra at Lyon and remember reading some french dude saying he was more consistent than Essien at Lyon as well.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I would definatly take De Rossi over Toulalan, he is imo, one of, if not the best DM in the world and he is also an incredible passer and leader. His run and pass just this weekend for Vucinic's goal was brilliant to see. He also has a great shot and is very good at taking freekicks. Alf pretty much summed it all up but man, I would love to see him play next to Cesc, would easily be the best midfield in the world.

Latest posts

Top Bottom