• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
Well I just can't take Rosicky as a member of the team anymore. He's a fictionalised character at this stage. If he ever plays a serious role for us again it'll be a miracle. Stick Nasri in there instead, or Theo and switch Shavas wing and we've a quality side. A side that can take the loss of a player or 2. A balanced side that can match up in a fight. No more Stokes, Shef Utd, etc beating us.

qs

Established Member
I can't wait to sign Chiellini, its going to happen just after I **** the brains out of scarlet johanson.

Oh ****, just spotted Senderos name :lol:

fabo

6.51 / 10
Muharraqawi said:
Apparently Naldo has said that he wants to join Marseille, would love to see him in an Arsenal shirt and I think that he has all the attributes we are looking for in a central defender.

I agree. Aerially competent and far more athletic than say Hangeland. Also comfortable bringing the ball out of the defence and distributing it effectively. Big plus with Hangeland is his PL experience though.

entropy13

Established Member
Almunia

Sagna -- Naldo -- Chiellini -- Clichy

Arshavin -- Fabregas -- Lucho Gonzalez -- Rosicky

van Persie -- Oscar Cardozo

subs:
Fabianski
Gibbs
Djourou
Nasri
Denilson
Walcott
Vela
Bendtner

Floating

Established Member
Has anyone watched Gökhan Inler at all this season? Him and Zapata both seemed to have totally dropped off the map this season. What about Bayal Sall of St. Etienne?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
floating said:
Has anyone watched Gökhan Inler at all this season? Him and Zapata both seemed to have totally dropped off the map this season. What about Bayal Sall of St. Etienne?
i have seem him play quite a few times this season (watch a lot of Serie A).. he's been decent, but not great.. would rather have Cana any day of the week and twice on Sunday

any chance that we might want to take a crack at Rosina this summer? Torino is most likely to go down to Serie B and I cant think he would want to stay there when they do.. just a thought

Webdesignlab

Established Member
- - - - - Almunia
Sagna Toure X Clichy
Arshavin Cesc Cana/Flamini Angel-di-Maria (wants to leave Benefica)
Van Persie
- - - - Eduardo/Walcott

Sell Rosicky or fix him next week, sell Diaby, sell Gallas.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
- - - - - Almunia
Sagna Touré X Clichy
Van Persie
- - - - Eduardo/Walcott

Yeah that player X is way better than Gallas...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
floating said:
qs said:
I'm with you. Cana and Hangeland would make a massive difference to us.

Absolutely, mate. They would give us physicality, leadership, an iron backbone, experience, and two quality players in their peak ready to step up to the highest level.

Picture this:

Almunia
Sagna - Touré - Hangeland - Clichy
Arshavin - Fabregas - Cana - Rosicky
van Persie - Adebayor

Now, that's assuming many things: Adebayor staying, Rosicky being fit, us playing a 4-4-2, etc. For all I know, it might not even be our best formation and our best XI, but we'd have loads of options and quality through and through. What a difference two signings could make!

Cana and Hangeland are the two most probable options. They're both strong, good in the air, not afraid to make tackles and would certainly add steel balls to our team.

One would be crazy to think that Juve would sell Chiellini to us. He's their best defender and they qualified for CL.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
A_Gooner_Matata said:
Webdesignlab said:
- - - - - Almunia
Sagna Touré X Clichy
Van Persie
- - - - Eduardo/Walcott

Yeah that player X is way better than Gallas...

Yes sorry, I edited it after I heard that Hangerland will stay at Fulham. I just couldn't think of anyone better. Gallas going is a done deal imo and well ... one of the back 2 has to go.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Its funny how Chelsea have like 4 of the kind of defenders we would like at here, tall strong with decent pace...and having so many good strong CMs we would like here as well.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Its funny how Chelsea have like 4 of the kind of defenders we would like at here, tall strong with decent pace...and having so many good strong CMs we would like here as well.

'Funny' isn't the word I'd use but yeah...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

New Wishlist :D

IN:
Chiellini/Mertesacker/Bruno Alves/Chrygrinski
Dzeko/Ibrahimovic
Moussa Sissoko (If Diaby or Denilson leaves)
Alonso/Cana
Hazard

OUT:
Ade, Silvestre

qs

Established Member
Clrnc said:

Their centre halfs aren't that pacey at all. Terry isn't quick at all, he's slower than Vidic.

Chelsea haven't been great this season though, they just hit a purple patch at the right time to win the FA cup. When Essein was out they were terrible. He's exactly what we need in midfield.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

qs said:
Clrnc said:

Their centre halfs aren't that pacey at all. Terry isn't quick at all, he's slower than Vidic.

Chelsea haven't been great this season though, they just hit a purple patch at the right time to win the FA cup. When Essein was out they were terrible. He's exactly what we need in midfield.
They have got Essien, Mikel, 2 no nonsence tackling midfielder we would love here. Also, Ballack and Lampard could do a job for us here too. Tall physique, tackling midfielders are what we need at the moment and they even got Mineiro in reserves languishing...

I think the defenders are even more of what we needed. I think Terry pace is underrated, his recovery pace/tackles are incredible. We are looking for tall strong imposing defenders and they have got like 5 of them. Terry, Ivanovic, Alex, Carvalho and to a lesser extent Macienne.

We could like trade one striker for their powerhouses. ;)

qs

Established Member
I'd take Alex in a heart beat but the rest of their defence doesn't interest me, maybe Carvalho but I think he's nearing the end of his career.

Mikel is decent but I'd be hoping to get much better into our midfield this summer. He's only slightly better than Song anyway. Lampards a great player but I don't think he'd work in a midfield with Cesc without a DM. I wouldn't touch Ballack at this stage either. He's been absolute tripe all season.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Mikel is so (comparatively) ****...why Chelsea and United were once squabbling over him I'll (hopefully) never know. I back Song to be the better player.

Top Bottom