• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
Does anyone know how good Heiko Westermann is? He is 6ft3, and can play in DM and CB. He's only just joined the Germany fold, notching up 12 caps in the process. Considering the lack of hype surrounding him, I would assume he isn't that good, but you never know.

Anzac

Established Member
AW says he's concerned about City having a good summer in the market & forcing their way into the top4 next season, also says he expects Villa to improve & Sp**s to be a threat - if so then he knows what he needs to do then.

Pies

I don't post a lot of wishlist players, but a player I have great respect for is Nigel De Jong. I think he is a great midfielder and someone who would do really well with us. I wanted him before he went to City, obviously we were out priced and they paid a big fee for him, and I don't think it will probably ever happen now but I think the kid is a cracking player - good positionally, can break up play, more than adequate passer, and a great engine and always seem mentally sharp and focused. Only goes around the 5'9" mark but his height is the last thing you even notice as he more than makes up for it with his grit, strength, and determination. I just have a lot of respect for how he plays.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/08/Exclusive-Buffon-agent-on-Arsenal/gnid-56158/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Foo ... nid-56158/</a>

Oh No. We were all so thinking that was going to happen ... yeah right. What crap journalism.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Damned. I was preparing for a 20m+Silvest+Senderos deal for Buffon+Chiellini+Giovinco

;)

asajoseph

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/08/Exclusive-Buffon-agent-on-Arsenal/gnid-56158/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh No. We were all so thinking that was going to happen ... yeah right. What crap journalism.

Obviously it's their last-gasp attempt to draw in readership before the liquidators turn up...

Proof

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/08/Exclusive-Buffon-agent-on-Arsenal/gnid-56158/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that when agents are getting bored, they call Buffon's agent and it goes like this:

The agent: Will Buffon consider a move this summer?
Buffon's agent: I have a suggestion, let's go to a movie instead.
The agent: Talk to you next year.
Buffon's agent: Good idea. We should write, read and compare our movie reviews next year.

Anzac

Established Member
I want us to be linked to some adult starting players instead of all these prospects/squad types.

Is it just me or does this summer seem like more of an anti climax so far compared to the fumours last summer?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Compared to every summer you mean, normally we are linked so many rediculous targets. This summer theres just been one or two rehashes (Toure) and... well Vermaelen. We normally complain about the rumours but I kind of miss the fun!

Anzac

Established Member
Jasard said:
Compared to every summer you mean, normally we are linked so many rediculous targets. This summer theres just been one or two rehashes (Touré) and... well Vermaelen. We normally complain about the rumours but I kind of miss the fun!

Yup - no Benzema, Ben Arfa, Inler, Veloso, Toulalan, Gouffran(sp), Gourcuff, Richards, Lescott etc etc etc.......

perhaps the hacks have given up on making up stories linking us to recognised targets........or as soon as another club shows any interest they know we won't spend the dosh........

Kraig

Established Member
Anzac said:
Jasard said:
Compared to every summer you mean, normally we are linked so many rediculous targets. This summer theres just been one or two rehashes (Touré) and... well Vermaelen. We normally complain about the rumours but I kind of miss the fun!

Yup - no Benzema, Ben Arfa, Inler, Veloso, Toulalan, Gouffran(sp), Gourcuff, Richards, Lescott etc etc etc.......

perhaps the hacks have given up on making up stories linking us to recognised targets........or as soon as another club shows any interest they know we won't spend the dosh........

you say that but we have been linked to lescott and richards. gotta fill our english quota after all...

:roll:

Viking

Jasard said:
It still has time to start. At the moment there's a lot of football to write about, just you wait till mid-July...

Top Bottom