• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Kraig

Established Member
id love toulalan if im being honest. maybe a bit too expensive for us (although we could surely hang out diaby as bait)

also, david silva and a 2003 version of sol campbell

Anzac

Established Member
Hey I see the tabloids are finally getting into gear - we've been linked to Benzema............. again..............lol

xcdude24

Established Member
Anzac said:
Hey I see the tabloids are finally getting into gear - we've been linked to Benzema............. again..............lol

"he's french? he's pretty good, apparently? link him with arsenal"

Anzac

Established Member
xcdude24 said:
Anzac said:

"he's french? he's pretty good, apparently? link him with arsenal"

Yup - about the size of it.
I'd be over the moon if we did go for him as he's meant to be something special. However I'd be the 1st to criticise AW if Benzema or his like were our primary signing, and the issues in midfield & defence didn't get the same sort of quality/name signing.

When they start saying we are in talks with some real midfield & defensive talent then I'll take notice.

qs

Established Member
If Benzema was available you'd take him no matter what else was going on with the team. He wont be available, not to us anyway.

Goons AFC

Ashley Young

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/18/ashley-young-aston-villa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ston-villa</a>

Sure we can't afford him, but imagine moving Arshavin up and having him on the wing.

Anzac

Established Member
General question.

Are there any players that we've approached that we've actually followed up at another window? Or does AW literally move on after an initial approach is turned down?

Or is it only the likes of the Euro Elite that seem to target a player over a number of seasons if they are genuine quality?

qs

Established Member
The summer after failing to sign Baptista we took him loan. Rosicky was rumoured for a few years but I don't know if we ever actually went after him, the rumours could have came from our scouting him.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Giovinco, Melo, Montolivo, Matias Fernandez, Sakho, Hangeland, Cana, Corzola, Pogrebnyak, Iaquinta, Zidan. Any of those signing would make me go all warm and fuzzy. Any two of them signing and I'd definitely have a tropical moment.

xcdude24

Established Member
Wouldn't mind young. We were linked with him before he moved to Villa, but he's probably outrageously overpriced now days.

Arsenal in Aus

It seems to me we're only short a CM now (if the rest of the squad stays in tact). Melo seems a great option from what little I've seen of him, so signing him or an equivalent would completely satisfy my wishes!

Kraig

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Giovinco, Melo, Montolivo, Matias Fernandez, Sakho, Hangeland, Cana, Corzola, Pogrebnyak, Iaquinta, Zidan. Any of those signing would make me go all warm and fuzzy. Any two of them signing and I'd definitely have a tropical moment.

im intrigued dules yet also unsure as to whether i wanna know what a tropical moment actually consists of? is it anything like when megan fox is slumped over the motorbike in transformers 2?

hangeland, cana and iaquinta from that list please

Floating

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
I want Essien as part of the Adebayor deal. Essien + 10M

Adebayor for Essien AND 10m? :roll:

I would love, love, love Essien here, and that would solve all of our problems ever. I read somewhere that Essien would be willing to leave Chelsea for another top club, but I somehow doubt he would be willing to move to Arsenal from Chelsea. Who knows

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I guess that would test their resolve and determine how badly they want Ade.

But Essien would be a freaking awesome partner for Cesc

Floating

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
I guess that would test their resolve and determine how badly they want Ade.

But Essien would be a freaking awesome partner for Cesc

Yes sir! Here is some evidence it could happen:

- Apparently Ancelotti is a massive Adebayor fan, as we all know quite well, and would be wiling to spend £25m for him.

- When asked about the possibility of selling Adebayor to Chelsea, or any other rival club, he acted very nonchalantly, and referenced the Ashley Cole/William Gallas swap deal, in which Chelsea gave us about £6m + a key player for our player.

- Wenger loves versatile, technically sound, committed players like Essien. He loves French-speaking African players like Essien.

Perhaps Wenger could be eyeing a similar deal for us. I would say that Adebayor and £5m would be more than fair, and would improve our team TENFOLD. Honestly. The ACN is the only thing, but that's a small price to pay.

McShay

I want Marcos Senna here as a temporary solution by the time he retires Song and Denny will be quality by then.

Top Bottom