• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
TomasCR said:
What do you mean "says", Klaus? There are no quotes and sources at all and nothing suggests that the story is based on anything reliable that could actually hint that we're really in for the player.
I mean that it's stated within the article that we've had a bid rejected. Usually that's not the kind of information you'd make up right out of the air. Bullshit transfer rumours are always about vague suggestions - see the threads for Edin Dzeko and David Villa, for example - and speculation. They're inferring stuff, not claiming facts. I'm not saying that the story is accurate, but when a paper claims something like that they've usually got a source within the club that told them about the bid and how it was rejected. It does make it a bit more credible in my book. There have been stories about us going after this particular player for a while too, so there's that to take into account as well.

And, like longrufus says, there are tons of more obvious names to link us to, and in more obvious positions too.

TomasCR

Established Member
Longrufus: As I've said, we're linked with houdreds of players every single year, it's no surprise we have been linked with two right backs as well as it was no surprise that we were linked with five defensive midfielders (and got none) in the summer. So, you're basically saying that us being linked with two right backs means that we're looking for a right back? When we're linked with 2 central midfielders within the next few days, will that mean that we will be looking for two CMs? I'm struggling to see the logic to be honest because to me, we're linked with all the kind of players during 365 days and just because the worst papers in England (yeah, the News of The Wolrd it's) say something, it doesn't mean it's true, on the contrary - it means nothing whatsoever.

Perhaps it's the fact that we usually get one out of 100 players that we're apparently in for that makes me doubt this kind of stories but I do really see nothing that would suggest the articles were at least a little true and I'm certainly not going to get ahead of myself just becasue two players in the same position were linked with a move to Arsenal.

TomasCR

Established Member
Klaus: fair enough. Feel I said that above. It's just that we have gone throught this so many times that I find it hard to believe anything with so many articles flying around, let alone from a joke papers. It might be true but then how many times happened that these stories turned out to be true and we got the player at the end of the day? The Arshavin story was a good one but I started to believe only when Wenger said we were interested, that's all.

Anzac

Established Member
f365 saying that Everton are looking at picking up Maxi Rodriguez for a reasonable/cheap from Atletico as they need money - what's anyone think of him as a sneaky option? I know he's not a striker or DM, and certainly not a genuine wide man, but is he a better option supporting the forward line?

Illusion

Established Member
Maxi Rodriguez would be nice, but so would any 'good' player like that.

At the moment I can't get my head past anything other than wanting a quality goalkeeper.

After that I want physically strong players who don't get injured and aren't afraid to put in some effort, regardless of what position they play in.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Maxi Rodriguez has gone stale at A.Madrid. He is really quite **** nowadays. Even Reyes looks better, and so does Simao.

We don't need anymore wingers/AM. Of course people like VDV would be nice, but we are really well stocked there. We need to get rid of deadwood (theo is increasingly becoming one) and bring in some exciting stars like Eden Hazard if we were to buy.

At the moment, I would only want a DM. Fabianski can be the solution for goalkeeping, so does Bendtner for striking

Zico

Established Member
Ribery should be put on the same banned list as Yaya Toure and Hatem Trabelsi. I'm sure those two will be in the rumors for the next 20 years.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Zico said:
Ribery should be put on the same banned list as Yaya Touré and Hatem Trabelsi. I'm sure those two will be in the rumors for the next 20 years.
:lol: At least we trialled him.

Add Obafemi Martins to the list too.

Anzac

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
trezeguet anyone? ;)

actually if we are looking to a short term option so as not to kill our other options, then I'd rather have Trez than Horse face......... :wink:

Zico

Established Member
Milan would be mad to sell him if they dont have a replace waitin in the wings. They're in with a shot this year

AFCFan4Ever

Anybody fancy Zamora? Seems to have really turned his career around and is absolutely on fire, in top form.

Don't flame me too bad lol...just throwin some names out there.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom