• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Chamakh all the way for me. Dzeko is a good goalscorer but that's just about the only thing I'm impressed about concerning him. Which is fair enough if all you're looking for is someone to be at the end of every single chance you create, but I don't think it's the kind of player we need. Chamakh, on the other hand, would be the engine our attack needs so badly. People just need to have a proper look at how Gourcuff thrives whenever he's playing with him to realise what he'd bring to the team.

ricky1985

Established Member
Interesting, so you see it that way too, Klaus. I think Chamakh could be a shrewd piece of business in January for the little amount of money that he'll cost.

longrufus

Established Member
No chance will he leave in January, why would he leave a Bordeaux team that is playing fantastic, look likely to win Ligue 1 once more, still in the CL and likely to progress. He'll not leave until summer for me, might sign a pre-contract agreement but I think he'll keep his options open.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
ricky: I really doubt Bordeaux will let him go though. They've got a good shout at the league again and they're still in the Champions League. Otherwise I think he's exactly what we need though.

ricky1985

Established Member
longrufus said:
No chance will he leave in January, why would he leave a Bordeaux team that is playing fantastic, look likely to win Ligue 1 once more, still in the CL and likely to progress. He'll not leave until summer for me, might sign a pre-contract agreement but I think he'll keep his options open.
Because he's absolutely desperate to play in our famous red and white?

kooldawg

Established Member
floating said:
I think Pandev is comparable to Vucinic - both 6ft+ pacey goalscorers who can play CF or on the wing.

Wouldn't be a bad option on the wing with Bendtner in the middle while RvP is out. He is free after all!

Gonna be an interesting January transfer market for us i think, What will Wenger do? :p

longrufus

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
longrufus said:
He was indeed desperate to play for us, in the summer. But we didn't cough up the required money, and so he stayed. I don't believe Wenger is going to pay the premium for a player he can sign for free on a pre-contract in the same window.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
longrufus said:

...or he could win back-to-back titles with Bordeaux, whilst helping them achieve their best ever CL finish and then sign for our famous red and white.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Chamakh or Dzeko, given the choice what way would you go?

Klaus Daimler said:
Chamakh all the way for me.

That is taking it too far. No way is Chamakh of the same quality ... madness.

Since it's Xmas though I will say that as a LM or a RM I would welcome him. As a substitute for RVP? Dzeko is way way above him.

Madness I tells ya.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I wonder how many of those who think Dzeko is the next big thing in world football have actually watched him play over a steady amount of time.

The only two attacking threats that have really impressed me at Wolfsburg are Grafite and Zvjezdan Misimović. Dzeko feels more like a Mario Gómez type.

Kraig

Established Member
pandev on a free would be a great bit of business. my only worry is that, isnt he supposed to be a wee bit loopy?

qs

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Chamakh all the way for me. Dzeko is a good goalscorer but that's just about the only thing I'm impressed about concerning him. Which is fair enough if all you're looking for is someone to be at the end of every single chance you create, but I don't think it's the kind of player we need. Chamakh, on the other hand, would be the engine our attack needs so badly. People just need to have a proper look at how Gourcuff thrives whenever he's playing with him to realise what he'd bring to the team.

I like both players but Dzeko here would score 30 goals a season. A real goal getter playing ahead of Fabgregas would be perfect. I'd love to get Dzeko in Jan and Chamakh free in the summer. Imagine our options if we had the 2 of them.

Illusion

Established Member
qs said:
Klaus Daimler said:

I like both players but Dzeko here would score 30 goals a season. A real goal getter playing ahead of Fabgregas would be perfect. I'd love to get Dzeko in Jan and Chamakh free in the summer. Imagine our options if we had the 2 of them.

Woah there qs, that sounds so good it absolutely wont happen!

I'd rather have Dzeko because he will strike a fear in our opponents aerially that we haven't had since Adebayor and in my opinion Dzeko can deliver more than him. The other advantage is that he wont bugger off every two years to the African Nations Cup.

However, I'd also take Chamakh for a low price (especially free), because he is a good player that I think would fit in well with our team.

kooldawg

Established Member
My guess is that Chamakh will come in on a free, we should be able to sign him to a contract come this January transfer window because he will have about 6 months remaining. I think this guy would go a long ways towards solving our problems in the CF position giving guys like Arshavin and Fabregas more to work with. There was a reason Wenger moved for Chamakh this past summer.

I am more inclined to think that Wenger will get Huntelaar on loan if he is available and get Chamakh on a free in the summer.

I hope he does move for Pandev too to play as a wing forward, this guy also has something we can use, Pandev on the right wing and Arshavin on the left wing with Chamakh and RvP leading the line up top and we will be seriously in business.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ronaldo20080d6da8rr9.jpg

He can be the difference between a league title and finishing empty handed. Keep him fit for half a season and even an overweight Ronaldo will score you goals. Think Henrik Larsson at Barcelona and Man Utd but instead gambling on a far more talented player. It's a pipe dream but blimey would I love to see it happen. 23 goals in 38 games since leaving Milan says it all, Brazilian league or no Brazilian league.

Top Bottom