• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
I want one of each, please. 2 out of 3 would be brilliant, too!

GK: 1) Manuel Neuer 2) Sebastien Frey 3) Rene Adler.

DM: 1) Moussa Sissoko 2) Gojko Kacar 3) Ognjen Vukojevic

ST: 1) Edin Dzeko 2) Marouane Chamakh 3) André-Pierre Gignac

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Nice options floating. Would add Akinfeev/Lloris to the goalie shortlist, but would probably take one of the 2 germans.

Sissoko is going to be a hell of a player for France soon

Floating

Established Member
Agreed, Clrnc! I rate Sissoko very highly, along with his teammate Étienne Capoué, but having Capoué and Eboué in the same team would be madness ;)

Sissoko's definitely been linked to us, as well. I love his power, the fact that at 22 he already has 2 full international caps for France in an extremely competitive position, and that he wouldn't have to leave for the ACN every other year. Plus, he's not cuptied, and could form an incredible midfield with Song, and Fabregas.

He could replace Song while he was gone, and then slot back into the team when Song comes back.

Floating

Established Member
Another young, tall, promising, non-cuptied DM is Galatasaray's Mehmet Topal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Topal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehmet_Topal</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0Zh5vR5b8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0Zh5vR5b8</a>

Idolizes PV4, too ;)

Lazaq

If Wenger indeed has £35 million to throw around, which is the figure speculated in the papers, I wouldn't mind him spending the lions share on a keeper. We can cope without Song for a while, and while a striker would be nice, Almunia is more of a liability than our attacking force. Bendtner is coming back in a matter of weeks, Eduardo showed some signs of improving against Villa, Theo is looking better and better and so on. Having a goalkeeper as shaky and unreliable as Al, is affecting the whole teams defense. And he can't distribute or dominate his area either. Show me Manuel Neuer and I'll show you money well spent.

But I know, I know, it's not going to happen ...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
for me, any 2 of the following positions would be fine..

GK
CB
CM (DCM)
ST

CB - if Senderos is gone in January (possibly), then we really need more than just Silvestre as a backup, as Djourou is still injured for another 3+ months..

CM - we MIGHT be OK with as long as Diaby, Denilson, Fabregas and Ramsey stay healthy (and Nasri, Merida, etc are all involved)

ST, well, Eddy is misfiring, Vela (for some reason) cant get a look in, Nik will be back early January and AA has been an OK stand-in, but isnt a striker.. and its the most likely signing by Wenger

GK - yeah, we know we need one, but the likelihood of us picking up the kind we need in January is unlikely.. Adler and Neuer are playing for teams 1 & 2 in the Bundesliga and battling for the title and Frey is still in the CL with Fiorentina (and just signed an extension to '13)

AFCFan4Ever

Anyone think Clint Dempsey would be worth a look?

Not cup tied, would be relatively inexpensive, and would fit in well IMO. He's technical and mobile but also physical, has a helluva shot on him as well. Versatile player, can play up front or out wide.

Starting to come into his own at Fulham, on the brink of becoming a world class player.

qs

Established Member
Would he be relatively inexpensive though? Usually clubs like Fulham look for big money for their best players.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Lee Chung-Yong. I've been greatly impressed by what I've seen from him at Bolton. It's such a shame that he signed for a **** club. He could do a job both centrally and, more importantly, on the right wing. Bags of potential and intelligence in this one. And the merchandise sales he'd trigger in South Korea...!

Lord Dula

Established Member
some **** wishin going on up in here boys

reo-coker?! koreans?!

i want me some argentine-ivorian hybrid, who doesnt feel the need to wear boots up top

fabo

6.51 / 10
Forgot it's the wishlist thread....:wink:

In that case......

Buffon
Nesta
A.Cole
Essien
Hleb

------------ Buffon

-- Sagna - Nesta - TV - Cole

------------- Song
--------- Essien - Cesc
-- Hleb --------------- Arshavin
-------------- RVP

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
would prefer Chiellini to Nesta at this point.. Nesta has been decent, but he is 32 and coming back from a serious back injury.. dont think he has much time in the game left..

and if this is truly a wish list, might as well have Maicon in there for Sagna..

fabo

6.51 / 10
ricky1985 said:
Didn't think you rated Song, Fabo?

I could have stuck Essien as defensive midfielder and Xavi beside Cesc but I was moreso trying to look at what I believe our weaker positions are.

Song has done pretty well FWIW....:wink:....though the balance is still wrong outside of our starting 3 midfielders in my view.

Top Bottom