• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sottobosco

Honestly I would do it like "Lost" and press the reset button with this team.

New manager- Felix Magath.

Sales:

...Cesc- £45-50 million
...Eduardo, Bentdner, Vela, Rosicky, Djourou- whatever you can get for them.
...Almunia, Silvestre, Campbell, Eboue, Mérida- end of contract.
...One of Diaby, Denilson, Song [D.D.S] also to go.

Using the money from this + money we already have, we could try these names:

GK- Diego Alves | Fabianski

RB- Lorenzo de Silvestri | Sagna
CB1- Vermaelen | Gallas
CB2- James Collins | Pedro Geromel
LB- Gibbs | Clichy

CM- Nasri | Ramsey | Gokhan Inler | 2 from D.D.S

L/RW- Ángel di María | Pedro León | Arshavin | Marko Marin

FW- Van Persie | Lucas Barrios | Marouane Chamakh | Walcott

12 out, 10 in. Probably we will go overbudget but that need not matter as a big investment here means it won't be so necessary to buy in near future.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Cahill's just been ruled out for the rest of the season with a blood clot in his arm. No guarantee that he will even recover full function in it if things doesn't turn out well. If it's a sign that he's suffering from thrombophilia (which, I guess, isn't unlikely since he as a professional athlete doesn't fit any of the normal risk factors for blood clotting) then his career might well be done too. I'd keep off him. He's looked fairly promising otherwise though.

Timleaf

Established Member
You sure he'll be free? He's only been at Bolton for a couple of years.

A lot of people reckon Joe Cole and Anelka will be leaving Chavski at the end of this season. Wonder where they'll end up if they leave.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Wouldn't have any of them. They're both great players - personally I think Gourcuff is both significantly more talented and less selfish by nature, which makes him a better team player - but they're not really made for a 4-3-3. Gourcuff is better suited in the hole in a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-3-1, and the same goes for Özil to a large extent. He's developing more and more in that direction.

P_Gunner

I'd rather have Özil than Gourcuff, but they would both want to play in the position that Cesc currently has. If they were to come they'd be stuck out on the wing and be wasted.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
And Özil isn't? I have seen Gourcuff being shut off completely, thats my worry. Both are great players though.

I'd rather have Mossa Sissoko or Eden Harzard, because they are what we need

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Just had a chance to watch the recent Rennes/Bordeaux game. Gourcuff's delivery on free kicks is excellent, and you can tell he's a very technically gifted player. But I'm not sure what his best position is at this point. Is he a central midfielder? Is he an attacking playmaker like Rosicky/Nasri before coming to Arsenal? Is he a support striker? He wouldn't really fit into our formation unless he played one of the three midfield roles, and I don't know if he has the defensive chops to handle the EPL.

Alfonso

Established Member
From what I have seen Özil is immense. I did not know about him at all (dont really follow European football as I used to bar Italian league) but randomlly saw Bremen play Bayern a few weeks ago on ESPN and was very impressed with him. Lovely skills, touch and awareness. His a hybrid of a street footballer and an old fashioned winger.

Gourcuff on the other hand is very talented as we all know but flopped dramatically at Milan, although he was young when he signed for them. But in big pressure games I have not been too pleased with him (e.g. for France). Still question marks over him for me.

Really would like to see Bordeaux's CL game next week to take a closer look at him and Chamakh.

Kraig

Established Member
whats happening with eden hazard these days cirnc? havent heard anything about/from him in a while?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Its not i but L btw Kraig ;) Its see-el-are-en-see.

Hazard has been playing brilliantly for Lille and is one of the main reason they are in 3rd, I'd be gutted if we missed out on him. Top assister for them, and played in almost every game as well. Too bad he signed a new contract not so long ago, to 2014

Kraig

Established Member
sorry lad, thought id pressed l. my bad :)

how much can be expected to fork out for him, as he's been widely tipped for greatness for a good, good while (didnt zidane say he was THE next big thing?)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hes the next Cristiano Ronaldo. If Real Madrid joins in the chase, we can expect at least 20m for him which will put us out of reach. By this summer if we don't sign him, we don't have a chance imo as every passing day his value increases

Latest posts+

Top Bottom