• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

AxlGunners

Zico said:
Hehehe. Wishlist. 1st name strech, 2nd name attainable. Sterling price in brackets

GK
- Sebastian Frey (8-10)
- Gordon (7)

DF
- Giorgio Chiellini (15-18)
- Simon Kjaer / Andrea Ranocchia (10-13)

MF
- Daniele de Rossi (25)
- Marek Hamsik (15)

FW
- Kareem Benzema (25)
- Eden Hazard. (12-15)

Good players are not cheap.
Fixed :wink:

AxlGunners

number_0 said:
I still feel that third midfielder spot next to cesc and song is vacant, don't get me wrong I rate diaby and denilson, but I dont think they are arsenal starting material, atleast their position is still expandable.
Agreed but bringing in the right player is key.

He can't be too young because otherwise you'll effectively be killing Denilson/Diaby/Ramsey/Nasri who will be fighting for those positions too. A person around the age of 27 for about £10million would be a perfect signing imo. Toulalan is a player I rate very highly and if we could sign him for a figure of around £10million we should snap him up right away.

qs

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
agree dules, we need brains. part of the difference between us and united is they have intelligent team players like park, while we have idiotic joke merchants like eboue/diaby/rosicky.

Have you seen PArk much lately?

Park was never a very intelligent player, he's a very hard worker but apart from that he's very, very ordinary. Diaby and Eboue are far better than Park.

We're not short on reasonable attacking player, if we were to bring players in there you'd want them to either be alot better than what we have or offer something a bit different.

AxlGunners

Lespin said:
You're not getting Hazard for a mere 12 or 15mil. Lille has put a £22M on his head.
Club putting high price tag on player shocker :roll:

Seriously, how many times have we seen this happen? And this is only Lille- it's not Lyon who are the best team in France and consistently play CL football. If a big club comes knockin' i'm pretty sure Hazard will want to go. They won't come close to getting the figure they're asking for. They know that too but they set the price high to make sure they get the best price possible for him.

Lespin

AxlGunners said:
Lespin said:
You're not getting Hazard for a mere 12 or 15mil. Lille has put a £22M on his head.
Club putting high price tag on player shocker :roll:

Seriously, how many times have we seen this happen? And this is only Lille- it's not Lyon who are the best team in France and consistently play CL football. If a big club comes knockin' i'm pretty sure Hazard will want to go. They won't come close to getting the figure they're asking for. They know that too but they set the price high to make sure they get the best price possible for him.
The big problem is that all the European top clubs are interested in him and when, for instance, Real Madrid comes knocking they won't bother paying £20M, they'll probably consider it a bargain keeping in mind that they can (again) spend around a £100M this summer. We just can't compete with such spending.

kamikaze80

Established Member
qs, we're not watching the same player then. park is outstanding in his positioning and movement, both in attack and in defence. what stops him from scoring goals is a lack of strength.

i'd take park over eboue for the wide mid/forward roles in a second.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Mohamed Diamé. I think he was great today. If I'm not mistaken we were linked to him last spring, while he still was playing for Rayo Vallecano in the Segunda Division. He'd be a quality backup to Song to have around. For a decent price I'd sign him up immediately.

I was also impressed with him the first time we played Wigan this season.

Bossa

Established Member
qs said:
kamikaze80 said:
agree dules, we need brains. part of the difference between us and united is they have intelligent team players like park, while we have idiotic joke merchants like eboue/diaby/rosicky.

Have you seen PArk much lately?

Park was never a very intelligent player, he's a very hard worker but apart from that he's very, very ordinary. Diaby and Eboue are far better than Park.

We're not short on reasonable attacking player, if we were to bring players in there you'd want them to either be alot better than what we have or offer something a bit different.

Eboué and Diaby better than Park??? Park is better in every aspect except for pace and power. Eboué is a decent attacking RB nothing more. FFS I cant believe that you are saying this nonsense. Park would do very well in our team. He'd beat Diaby in the midfield role and beat Eboué in the RW/LW role. We miss a player like Park. Hard worker, no-nonsense, reliable, good attacking and tracking back, man marker. He can do it all.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Thats why I thought Lee would be excellent for us. He is so intelligent in his wing plays at Bolton

kel varnsen

Established Member
get rid of almunia, fabianski, silvestre, denilson, eduardo and bendtner.

bring in a gk, a cb, a cm and a winger. preferably world class the lot of them. enough of all these mediocre youngsters. we have enough of that.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
get rid of Denilson and Bendtner? lol

the rest, sure (except "maybe" Eduardo, still not convinced he's done yet)..

and also agree with what we need, although, the likelihood of signing 4 world class players in the same transfer window is non-existent.. we dont have that kind of money

nidza7

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
get rid of almunia, fabianski, silvestre, denilson, eduardo and bendtner.

bring in a gk, a cb, a cm and a winger. preferably world class the lot of them. enough of all these mediocre youngsters. we have enough of that.

just first three and IMO AM would be happy place again.

of course buy 2-3 players.

Floating

Established Member
Arsenal 2010 - 2011

- - - - - - - - - - - - - Frey - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sagna - - Cahill - Vermaelen - - Clichy
- - - - - - Vertonghen - - Song - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - Fabregas - - - - - - - - - -
Chamakh - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arshavin
- - - - - - - - - - van Persie - - - - - - - - -

Floating

Established Member
I think he's been converted to a DM (a la Alex Song), and excelling there, from what I understand. I think he'd be a great addition because he can play both positions.

GoonerAG

Lord Dula said:
I'd love that!

Wouldn't we all eh? I mean, it is actually realistic considering the targets and it is well within the money we have available (supposedly) but you just never know wth Wenger. Let's pray!

Top Bottom