• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Kraig

Established Member
Buffon

sagna
vermaelen
kjaer
clichy

song
parker
cesc

arshavin
rvp
j cole

that's a seriously realistic wishlist side and one that would do very well and has a good mix of players.

Lord Dula

Established Member
bit pie in the sky, but Bayern will most likely look to sell Ribery rather than lose him on a free in a years time. They were rumoured to be keen on Arshavin at one point. If i were wenger, i'd try n work the old garlic charm and try get a cash and plyer swap on the go if i could.

Kraig

Established Member
a bit? with interest from real, chavs and citeh, we have zero chance of ribery ever being seen playing for the arsenal.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lord Dula said:
bit pie in the sky, but Bayern will most likely look to sell Ribery rather than lose him on a free in a years time. They were rumoured to be keen on Arshavin at one point. If i were wenger, i'd try n work the old garlic charm and try get a cash and plyer swap on the go if i could.
wouldn't ever work for a myriad of reasons..

1. Arshavin doesnt want to play in Germany (not even for Bayern)

2. Ribery would go to a bigger club..

3. Player swap deals rarely work, and even if they could get one done, one team usually ends up raping the other (see the Ibra - Eto'o + 40m deal - Barca is getting completely raped on that)

4. we wouldnt be able to afford Ribery's wage demands..

i know it was tongue-in-cheek (at least, i HOPE it was), but i figured i should pour hot oil on that to make sure anyone's positivity was squashed.. :mrgreen:

Zico

Established Member
If you think Arshavin is distracting, wait til you get Ribery in. He will be linked to Madrid and Barcelona every other day before disappearing to Rubin Kazan.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Zico said:
If you think Arshavin is distracting, wait til you get Ribery in. He will be linked to Madrid and Barcelona every other day before disappearing to Rubin Kazan.
I have them in the same category too.

kamikaze80

Established Member
scott parker and joe cole... what are we, the chelsea retirement home? not good/healthy enough.

fellaini is a good shout but he'll be too expensive.

patrick42uk

Established Member
I'v been thinking about the wide position conundrum; lets face it, with Theo in there, Wenger is unlikely to invest big in that position except if we lose Arshavin. So Hazard, Balotelli, even Remy e.t.c are pipe dreams. What we need is a squad player who can offer a bit of reliability and dependability. Eduardo could have been that guy but its probably best we let him go as I dont think he can recover mentally.

The first player i'v thought of for that role is Niang. He can play wide, is a hard worker, a threat with ball at feet, has good movement, scores goals and is in good form. Could be a good investment for a couple of million. With Sol Campbell, we know now that having a 30+ player come in to do a short term job isnt a bad idea.

patrick42uk

Established Member
10 million was is reported worth in the independent in febuary. His contract expires at the end of the year which is why he is so reasonably priced, but make no mistake he would constitute a high profile signing. I think high profile enough to knock Theo's nose out of joint so I doubt we would be going for him. Only chance is if he's in as a replacement for Arshavin.

P_Gunner

Krasic is not in the same class as Arshavin. Why would you want to bring him in at the expense of Arshavin? What we need is improvement and added depth, not the sale of some of our best players.

Floating

Established Member
I'm not saying to replace Arshavin. I'd ideally like to keep Arshavin and bring in Krasic, and perhaps send Vela or Theo out on loan to another PL club.

P_Gunner

Vela should go on loan, but Theo is a very useful impact sub. If we could get Krasic for under 10m like you say then we should try sign him, but I think he would go to Milan over us.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I see Yaya Toures agent has been saying:

"Yaya is happy at Barcelona and will only leave for a big project at a big club," Seluk said in The People.

"But in England there are sides with great prestige and that could be decisive. Arsène Wenger knows Yaya, and I am convinced he could be a success with Arsenal."

Certainly would like to see him here (didnt post in TT as its just an agent quote)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom