• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Humble Rex

Established Member
Inler would make us stronger and less porous in midfield, but we would lose a bit of flair and creativity. I would take that in a heartbeat.

If we can´t score with Cesc, our front 3 and our FBs storming forward, then that is the problem which should be rectified IMO.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Klaus Daimler said:
"The challenge at West Ham and working besides the likes of Scott Parker and Thomas Hitzlsperger have been very important factors in him considering the move."
I'd love to see the agent trying to repeat that in front of a camera without bursting into a laugh. :lol:
i was thinking the same thing... no way he would actually think that way.. "i cant wait to play with...... Hitzlsperger"

:D

kooldawg

Established Member
Inler already rejected moving to us, and i think that Arsène has moved on already, we will not be getting him.

banduan

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I'm not sure. I think Inler would be a terrible third midfielder. He'd be backup/competition for Song, not Diaby, Denilson or Ramsey. His strength is sweeping up in front of the defensive line and then redistributing the ball to quicker, more creative players in my opinion.
I dunno. Always looked a proper box-to-box for me.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Klaus Daimler said:
I'm not sure. I think Inler would be a terrible third midfielder. He'd be backup/competition for Song, not Diaby, Denilson or Ramsey. His strength is sweeping up in front of the defensive line and then redistributing the ball to quicker, more creative players in my opinion.
Yep spot on.

We don't need another 3rd midfielder, we just need a backup for Song

Humble Rex

Established Member
With a player like Inler we would have a better balance to our squad, and give us more options.

In tougher games we would have the choice to go for a more defensively balanced midfield with Song, Inler and Cesc. In the "easier" fixtures, on paper anyway, we could play with a more attackingly balanced midfield with the inclusion of Diaby/Ramsey on the expense of either Song or Inler.

One shouldn´t underestimate either the value of having a proper competitor/back up for Song in DM. Personally I think Song, Vermaelen and Gallas played too many games last season due to no real back up. I believe that was a huge factor in them fininshing the season injured.

Humble Rex

Established Member
A said in a couple of posts above I haven´t actually seen him this season so... Heard he didn´t have the best of seasons at Udinese, but you have to admit that he was hugely impressive yesterday.

US, you follow the Italian league pretty well, how would you describe his season?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he was better in the previous season for Udinese.. i just see him as more a "niggly fouls" kind of player.. maybe that's the "Wenger way" that we are used to, so I am used to more all around players, but i dont see him as having the forward drive ability that someone like Diaby has (Diaby is good bringing the ball forward), he's more of a defensive player, but would he be displacing Song? not sure.. good alternative to Song, but not a replace/displacement

he's a bit like a mix of Gilberto and Flamini

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think we really need Toulalan, we really do. Perfect protection for our kind of defence

kamikaze80

Established Member
re: toulalan, maybe he's had a bad game everytime i've seen him, but i don't see anything special there at all.

i've been singing this guy's praises for over a year now, but belhadj is a great player.

Floating

Established Member
Toulalan reminds me of Gilberto Silva. Nothing too flashy, but a solid, intelligent, reliable player that improves the team.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Toulalon is brilliant the perfect midfield partner as he reads the game well, keeps it simple and battles hard. Arguable the best in the world at what he does. Rate him higher than both Mascherano and DeRossi.

Floating

Established Member
I don't think he's better than De Rossi, but he plays a completely different game to Mascherano. He's not a terrier like Masch or Flamini or L. Diarra, but he's more like a Makelele/Gilberto type - invisible wall.

But yeah, a midfield of:

- - - - Song - - Toulalan - - - -
- - - - - - Fabregas - - - - - -

Would be pretty dynamite. Solid as all hell, yet still creative.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Lately I've been watching some of Lorient's games from last season to get a better grasp of Laurent Koscielny (there was nothing good on the telly anyway). In doing so I've become a fan of Kevin Gameiro - a small, fly-footed striker with excellent skills on the ball who had a hell of a season. Seems to be capable of playing as both a wingforward and a supporting striker if needed. He ended last season on 17 goals, just one behind Mamadou Niang who won the golden boot of Ligue 1. The more I see of him the more convinced I get that we could make good use of him at Arsenal.

stuart

Established Member
ha, was going to ask the same

Interesting to have a look through the start of this page. Only read the first page but it's amazing looking back on some of the players we once wanted!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom