• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asajoseph

Established Member
I thought he was indifferent at the WC, largely, good in the warm-ups, but awful in our run-in.

I don't want him sold, but I still can't decide if I have any faith in him any more.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Lazaq said:
Captain said:
Out: Eduardo, Rosicky and Diaby.
Why Diaby? I respect your opinion but I thought he did well in the WC and have high hopes for him. Partnership with Song, anyone?

hell no. starting a game here and there, fine. first choice in cm, absolutely not.

Captain

Established Member
Lazaq said:
Captain said:
Out: Eduardo, Rosicky and Diaby.
Why Diaby? I respect your opinion but I thought he did well in the WC and have high hopes for him. Partnership with Song, anyone? Either way, you seem like someone who knows what they're talking about, so it would be interesting to hear your reasoning.

I just genuinely don't rate him.

I think his passing is shocking, his defensive game is average and he isn't suited to the type of football we play (or at least intend to play).

On the plus side, he has good strength, can turn out of difficult positions and is pretty good at recovery challenges when beaten.

Timleaf

Established Member
I'm close to reaching the end of my tether with Diaby. I've tried and tried to see the budding world class player in him, but I'm starting to think that boat has sailed. There's just no control to his game. He looks like even he doesn't know what he's gonna do next-drop a shoulder, beat his man and carry the ball 50 yards up field at break neck speed, or take 10 touches to bring the ball under control and then pass it straight to the opposition. If he doesn't show significant improvement soon I think we should cut our losses.

P_Gunner

First thing you have to do is realize that he's not going to be world class. He can however be a great player. He was very good last season up until around late February/March after which he completely sucked. Just remember how good he was at the start of last season, in many games people on A-M voted him as MOTM. I would expect him to be a bit better than he was last season, but for the entire season this time.

Is Diaby good enough to start for us? We could do better, but when he's on form I think he is good enough. He's a good player and adds much needed physicality to our team.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just needs to be more consistent. He have already gone up to the level we havent expected him to so its been all good in that respect. Still have a big role to play for us, while Denilson on the other hand...

I don't get why people want Rosicky to leave. He is still a very useful player to have around. Give him another season.

Anzac

Established Member
Diaby's 'strengths' detract from from our ability to transition the ball forward quickly, and are counter to team play = his strengths are individual attributes.

Burnwinter

Established Member
P_Gunner said:
First thing you have to do is realize that he's not going to be world class. He can however be a great player. He was very good last season up until around late February/March after which he completely sucked. Just remember how good he was at the start of last season, in many games people on A-M voted him as MOTM. I would expect him to be a bit better than he was last season, but for the entire season this time.
Think the opposite. I think he'll either be a cracking player, or end up being a damaging, inconsistent passenger. We saw both sides in the last year.

What you see with him is a lot of top drawer attributes married to poor decision-making and concentration, and sometimes an apparent fluctuation of morale.

Really like the guy though and want to see more time for him next season, assuming he can replicate his better form.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Oh and before I forget, people like Ponce, Isla, Medel, Vidal. Utility players that can play anywhere in defence and midfield is excellent.

AW commented that Ponce is the best defender in this tournament, so what are you waiting for? ;)

outlaw_member

Established Member
Diaby's biggest weakness IMO is his lack of stamina. He always has a drop in performance in the latter third of games. I feel that many of his problems stem from this.

hesham

Established Member
People were saying the same thing about Song until he started playing week in week out. Still feel with Diaby if he can accept a more defensive/balanced role he has a chance of making it here...

Until Ramsey takes over.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Diaby is 24, though. I think the main problem is that he isn't naturally gifted in the stamina stakes. He drifts in and out of games like an attacker, which he naturally is. A CM needs to be constantly involved and is absolutely required to have an engine, both areas Diaby is lacking in.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Diaby is lacking in many areas tbf. Stamina is one, but frankly I just don't think he's a very good footballer anyway.

We really need another midfielder for that 3rd spot.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I don't feel Diaby lacks in stamina, at all. He has made some his most energetic runs and moves even in the fag end of games. He's physically strong and doesn't look like running out of steam anytime.

If anything, he loses concentration and motivation to work hard and make a difference too often in the middle of games. Which results in him looking good only in short bursts and then making a mistake only five minutes after making a world class run.

outlaw_member

Established Member
All his moments come in short bursts. Diaby never manages to sustain a performance throughout the entirety of a game. It's almost like he has a few great moments, then spends 15 minutes trying to catch his breath, and then has a few more moments before disappearing again.

It's important to remember that energetic runs take alot out of a player, and it's near impossible to keep on doing so for 90 minutes. His loss in concentration is directly a result of him becoming tired. It's no coincidence that his concentration is better earlier in the game, but then deteriorates late on. It's common for him to become sloppy in the last 20 minutes and it's not down to a lack of motivation, but rather just tiredness.

Timleaf

Established Member
Diaby's biggest problem imo, is not his lungs or his legs but what's going on between his ears. He still doesn't have a game, still doesn't really know what he's trying to do at all times on the pitch and still has an incredibly meek personality.

Outie, I kinda suspect that the perception you have of Diaby's low-ish stamina levels could be down to his lack of desire, particularly defensively. He seems to have the energy to make lung busting runs forward, even late in games, but I dont see anything like that sort of commitment to getting back and doing his defensive duties.

kel varnsen

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Diaby's biggest weakness IMO is his lack of stamina. He always has a drop in performance in the latter third of games. I feel that many of his problems stem from this.

if we are to play like barcelona, with a mobile central midfield that keeps the ball moving quickly back and forth, there is simply no room for diaby here. he doesn't have the skill and ability to carry out such a task. even song is struggling to keep the ball moving quickly enough, let alone diaby...

Kraig

Established Member
I still wake up in cold sweats when I think of diaby not playing Walcott in when 1 up at the nou camp... Just look up abou!!! No not to bendtner!!!!

Top Bottom