• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I see an article speaking of possibly two more signings for Wenger, most probably in the region of goal keeper and defender.

My wish, one more signing on top of that in midfield, either a genuine wide player (Cole) or defensive cover for Song.

patrick42uk

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
All his moments come in short bursts. Diaby never manages to sustain a performance throughout the entirety of a game. It's almost like he has a few great moments, then spends 15 minutes trying to catch his breath, and then has a few more moments before disappearing again.

you are describing a forward- these are the traits of a forwqrd who are much more about power than stamina. i think its a fair assessment of diaby's game

qs

Established Member
Lord Dula said:
Melo would win us the league

Ha! I'd like him here, he'd be a huge improvement on our midfield but he wouldn't make Almunia a goalkeeper.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Haha true.

I just think having a defensively solid midfield would do wonders. It may also improve our attack as it'd mean cesc arshavin and co have a platform to go spastic on. It may mean they'll see the ball more often and we'd again have more emphasis on counter attacks

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lord Dula said:
Melo would win us the league
Nope. He is not that significant. We desperately need some calmer heads who leads by example at times, but this guy is worse than some of our kids here. Immature and Brainless at its best

outlaw_member

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
outlaw_member said:
All his moments come in short bursts. Diaby never manages to sustain a performance throughout the entirety of a game. It's almost like he has a few great moments, then spends 15 minutes trying to catch his breath, and then has a few more moments before disappearing again.

you are describing a forward- these are the traits of a forwqrd who are much more about power than stamina. i think its a fair assessment of diaby's game

He did start off his career as an attacker, if I'm not mistaken. It's becoming increasingly hard to see him develop the necessary stamina for a midfield role, especially given the aforementioned traits.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Milan apparently bidded 7 million for him and were immediately rebuffed. We missed the boat on this one. He only left VVV 6 months ago for 5 million.

hesham

Established Member
Outlaw. Diaby has averaged about 20 games a season for us in the last five years. Last season was probably his first real one. Regular match time is a huge factor stamina-wise especially for CM position and a guy his size. Diaby has flaws but I don't see how you can write off his fitness long term given lack of run in the team and that stamina is one of the most straight forward element he can improve on in training.

outlaw_member

Established Member
hesham said:
Outlaw. Diaby has averaged about 20 games a season for us in the last five years. Last season was probably his first real one. Regular match time is a huge factor stamina-wise especially for CM position and a guy his size. Diaby has flaws but I don't see how you can write off his fitness long term given lack of run in the team and that stamina is one of the most straight forward element he can improve on in training.

I haven't written him off, far from it. I'm just concerned that at 24 years old, it might be too late to develop and alter a game which is evidently more suited towards an offensive position. He's just not a natural CM. I just hope that Song and Cesc can continue to mask his deficiencies, whilst Diaby develops the necessary skills.

Haha, Dules.

KY

Established Member
wouldn't mind if Wenger were to go for given actually...
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1293702/Shay-Given-cold-shoulder-Joe-Harts-promotion-new-deal-Stuart-Taylor-Manchester-City-future-doubt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml</a>

Captain

Established Member
Isn't the promise of Hart starting the season directly linked to the fact that Given will still be injured?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Just feel its abit of a waste letting Hart stay there. I would have given a real go getting him here

Top Bottom