• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
I watched that game too Klaus and was impressed. Definitely looked decisive and confident.
I read a great story about Ruffier yesterday, by the way. It's especially great from an Arsenal perspective. Ruffier was born in Bayanne in the Basque Country, but he signed his fist professional contract with Monaco at the age of fifteen and had to leave home early. He understandably struggled to adapt to a new city hundreds of miles away from friends and family. He grew depressed and was thinking about quitting football for a while. His mom noticed a change in tone and behaviour but didn't know what to do. On one hand she didn't want her son to be unhappy but at the same time she didn't want him to quit football either when she knew that he could make a good career out of it.

Anyway, it just so happened that Ruffier's mom was waiting in line at the airport one day, and as she glanced to her side she noticed a certain bearded, long-haired gentleman who looked familiar from a poster that her son had on his wall. That guy was Robert Pires. She explained the situation with Ruffier to Pires, who understood, asked to borrow her cellphone and gave the lad a ring. Pires told Stéphane that he, too, had gone through some difficult moments in his career, but that it was important not to give up on your dreams just because things don't seem to go your way. He asked him if he loved playing football and pointed out that very few are lucky enough to have it as a day job. "Keep your chin up and good things will happen eventually" he told him and gave the phone back.

Fast forward a couple of years, and Ruffier is expected to make his full national debut for France this upcoming wednesday. :)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
outlaw_member said:
Assulin is apparently having a trial at City. I hope we make a move for him.
We'd have already signed him if we wanted him. Hope he don't turn out great if others sign him

est

Klaus Daimler said:
Armor for Sleep said:
I watched that game too Klaus and was impressed. Definitely looked decisive and confident.
I read a great story about Ruffier yesterday, by the way. It's especially great from an Arsenal perspective. Ruffier was born in Bayanne in the Basque Country, but he signed his fist professional contract with Monaco at the age of fifteen and had to leave home early. He understandably struggled to adapt to a new city hundreds of miles away from friends and family. He grew depressed and was thinking about quitting football for a while. His mom noticed a change in tone and behaviour but didn't know what to do. On one hand she didn't want her son to be unhappy but at the same time she didn't want him to quit football either when she knew that he could make a good career out of it.

Anyway, it just so happened that Ruffier's mom was waiting in line at the airport one day, and as she glanced to her side she noticed a certain bearded, long-haired gentleman who looked familiar from a poster that her son had on his wall. That guy was Robert Pires. She explained the situation with Ruffier to Pires, who understood, asked to borrow her cellphone and gave the lad a ring. Pires told Stéphane that he, too, had gone through some difficult moments in his career, but that it was important not to give up on your dreams just because things don't seem to go your way. He asked him if he loved playing football and pointed out that very few are lucky enough to have it as a day job. "Keep your chin up and good things will happen eventually" he told him and gave the phone back.

Fast forward a couple of years, and Ruffier is expected to make his full national debut for France this upcoming wednesday. :)
:shock:

What a legend! :worthy

qs

Established Member
With rumours that Fulham are in talks with Haliche I wonder will they be letting Hangeland go? Hangeland and Vermaelen could be a very good centre half pairing.

Raider

Established Member
SA Gunner said:
----------------Hart
Sagna---Spahic--Vermaelen--Clichy
----------------Song
--------Fabregas---Flamini
Van Persie-----------------Arshavin
--------------Chamakh

Best part about this team, youngest player is 23.

If I had my way - this would be near enough my choice too.

Timleaf

Established Member
Given and a good, experienced centre back would make me feel so much better about the coming season.

ricky1985

Established Member
Is Spahic actually good enough to step in a replace Vermaelen if it came to it in a big game?

I'm genuinely asking, I have never knowingly seen him play.

Kraig

Established Member
------given/hart---
sagna-verm-jagielka-gibbs
----song------diaby------
---------cesc------------
rvp----------------shavva
--------chamakh----------

BENCH:
Szczesny
Eboué
Koscielny
Wilshere
Vela
Walcott
Bendtner

Id say thats a pretty frikking good side

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
------------Given
Sagna--Spahic--Vermaelen--Clichy
-----------Kompany
------Cesc---------Song
Van Persie-------------Arshavin
------------Chamakh

Second string

----------Almunia
Eboue---Kos---Djourou---Gibbs
------Diaby-----Denilson
Walcott-----Nasri-------Rosicky
--------------Bendy

All we need for such depth is Given, Kompany and Spahic. Of course prayers and defensive coaching wouldnt hurt.

MAK 14

Established Member
I really don't understand why people keep putting RvP out on the right. He's still our first choice centre forward, regardless of Chamakh's arrival. People forget how good he actually was last season as our CF.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
MAK 14 said:
I really don't understand why people keep putting RvP out on the right. He's still our first choice centre forward, regardless of Chamakh's arrival. People forget how good he actually was last season as our CF.

Mak, that is only his starting point. We all know he will be given freedom to move on the pitch as he sees fit. Cesc will go forward too.

I think a starting three of Arshavin, Van Persie and Chamakh is key. That is why I put both Kompany and Song in to provide us with some sort of cover in midfield.

MAK 14

Established Member
Fair enough, SA. Having van Persie, Arshavin and Chamakh rotating and swapping roles during the 90 minutes could actually be a very good idea. I can see it working well, provided we get someone like Kompany in - otherwise we'll get too exposed in midfield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom