• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ricky1985

Established Member
Is it just me then that thinks he's actually not a great footballer either? Sure, he's very, very talented, but that doesn't translate into end product and consistency, not by a long shot.

He floats in and out of games, one minute he can turn a fullback inside out or play a perfectly weighted through ball, but he'll spend the rest of the game giving the ball away, and standing around doing sod all.

On his day he's a top class player, however, his day doesn't come often enough to claim that he is a top class player.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
ricky1985 said:
Is it just me then that thinks he's actually not a great footballer either? Sure, he's very, very talented, but that doesn't translate into end product and consistency, not by a long shot.

He floats in and out of games, one minute he can turn a fullback inside out or play a perfectly weighted through ball, he'll spend the rest of the game giving the ball away, and standing around.
I think he's a better player than Ribery. :wink:

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

He floats in and out of games, one minute he can turn a fullback inside out or play a perfectly weighted through ball, but he'll spend the rest of the game giving the ball away, and standing around doing sod all.

On his day he's a top class player, however, his day doesn't come often enough to claim that he is a top class player.

Yeah. :wink:

He hasn't settled at any one club yet, which is probably why he hasn't been as consistent as you'd have expected. But, there are very few wide players in the world who I'd prefer over him.

ricky1985

Established Member
I watched him a fair bit at Real Madrid a few years back, and he started most of their games, and got long runs in the side - and he was still the same Robinho I've seen elsewhere. Moments of brilliance followed by long spells of really poor and/or really lazy play.

I also think, purely from a playing perspective, for his type of game that a lack of real top class acceleration really hurts his game.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Those moments of brilliance is precisely what places him ahead of a great number of wide players, though. Even at Real Madrid, he was far from settled, although that is where his best form has come to date. Personally, it's for A Seleção that I've been most impressed with him.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
There was a period of about two months or so a while back where I genuinely rated Robinho as the second best player in La Liga (on form, at least). He's got more talent than 95% of footballers in the world, but a poor attitude, work ethic and mentality.

Alexone234

Robinho likes munters
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&tbs=isch:1&&sa=X&ei=X9VzTNnvB8TKjAffxfTTCA&ved=0CCMQBSgA&q=robinho%27s+girlfriend&spell=1&biw=1108&bih=690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl= ... 08&bih=690</a>

P_Gunner

Kind of wish we had signed Quaresma. His career hasn't lived up to what it promised to be, but I still think he is a player that has so much quality and has something we lack. He went for a pretty low price as well.

number_0

Established Member
He is a proof that talent can only take you so far.

He is probably as talented as Cristiano ronaldo, but ronaldo puts in a 1000% more effort than quarisma (and probably) any other footballer out there.

I hope people who rate our u18s see this aswell as most of our kids who are undoubtfully talented will probably won't make themselves careers as decent footballers even.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
You guys must have forgotten how Quaresma tortured us in the Dragao. I remember I was uber impressed by him that night.

He is a talented player but hasn't fulfilled his promise mainly because he hasn't met another good manager that is willing to nurture him

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
the guy is 26 f*ing years old.. "nurture" should not be a word used in reference to someone of that age anymore

ability, no brains and is selfish.. and people caught up to his talent

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
All I want now is the best keeper available within our budget. If thats Schwarzer so be it.

I'd also like us to be on the lookout for a bargain DM/CM and a winger if possible. We'll hardly get them this month but maybe we will have to strengthen in the January transfer window.

qs

Established Member
Remember a few years ago when every FM fool and his mother wanted us to sign Quaresma. Can't believe some people still haven't learned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom