• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Lord Dula said:
Ok at this stage of the window one from
the following would do me

given, schwarzer, sorensen, friedel, begovic,
Begovic - nope

Any of the other ones, OK (I would even add names like Frey, Marchetti, etc on to the list)

none of which are likely to happen though..

patrick42uk

Established Member
According to Mancini, Barca have enquired about Robinho. Think he would fit in with their game although I'm surprised they are going after him as they'v just splashed out quite a lot on a left sided forward i.e. Villa.

dave_rwr

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
According to Mancini, Barca have enquired about Robinho. Think he would fit in with their game although I'm surprised they are going after him as they'v just splashed out quite a lot on a left sided forward i.e. Villa.

Unless they do end up shipping out Ibra and shift David Villa central.

Robinho -- Villa -- Messi

Pretty scary front 3 (at least in talent and skill, not necessarily size..)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
dave_rwr said:
patrick42uk said:

Unless they do end up shipping out Ibra and shift David Villa central.

Robinho -- Villa -- Messi

Pretty scary front 3 (at least in talent and skill, not necessarily size..)

Short, thats all I can say.

Teams like Madrid will exploit that.

Humble Rex

Established Member
I think the main reason they bought Zlatan was because Guardiola saw how toothless they were against Chelsea they previous year. It certainly helps to have another option when their A game isn´t on.

Not saying the Zlatan deal worked out perfectly for them, but I think the idea behind signing him was right, and he was nowhere near as poor last season as some seem to think.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
outlaw_member said:
How can you exploit a short attack?

Patrick beat me to it. Whereas the skill of a player can go a long way to trump other "deficiencies", the effectiveness of a short/small attack can easily be negated by negative football playing teams.

The likes of Madrid, United, Chelsea defenses will have a field day shutting up a Messi--Villa--Robinho forward line with aerial play and general strength play.

outlaw_member

Established Member
You could argue that having a point man, ala Drogba or Ibrahimovic isn't necessarily more effective, given that the predominant avenue that will be pursued would be aerial passes, which could just fall into the hands of the opponents who are more than comfortable in dealing with such attacks. Think of how Samuel and Lucio dealt with Drogba and Ibrahimovic. I suppose there are pluses and negatives to both setups.

-Shaun-

I don't understand how everyone thinks of Ibra as a flop at Barca, 21 goals and 10 assists in one season isn't bad at all, especially considering he didn't play all of their games.

patrick42uk

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
I don't understand how everyone thinks of Ibra as a flop at Barca, 21 goals and 10 assists in one season isn't bad at all, especially considering he didn't play all of their games.

The way Pato and Ronaldinho are playing at the moment, think I'm going to be tuning into Ac Milan games as often as possible. Always felt last season that Boriello was a pretty pointless striker. Just didnt seem to bring anything to the table. Ibra and Ronnie linking up to create for Pato will be a thing of beauty

Tony Montana

Established Member
Totally forgot about that. Acording to Ibra Guardiola disliked him. But it's so weird that Barca could get rid of pure quality like that, only to replace it with arguably even better. You would never see a deal like that at Arsenal.

qs

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Totally forgot about that. Acording to Ibra Guardiola disliked him. But it's so weird that Barca could get rid of pure quality like that, only to replace it with arguably even better. You would never see a deal like that at Arsenal.

They brought in Ibra for €46m plus Eto'o, then got rid of him a year later for €24m and signed a replacement for €40m. You'd never see a deal like that at Arsenal.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom