• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
His deal expires in 2012 and apparently he has some tension with the Bayern fans. They're trying to give him a new contract but until he signs speculations about him are inevitable.

outlaw_member

Established Member
We don't need Schweinsteiger, anymore, or a midfielder for that matter who isn't of a defensive mould. As it would only kill Wilshere. No sarcasm intended.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
We don't need Schweinsteiger, anymore, or a midfielder for that matter who isn't of a defensive mould. As it would only kill Wilshere. No sarcasm intended.
He can replace Song, then. :wink:

P_Gunner

Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
Here's a question. Antonio Cassano anyone? Sure, he's a nut-job but what a brilliant player! And available for peanuts.

I hear Sampdoria are trying to terminate his contract so if he is free then yes. If we would have to pay then I would decline as we have more pressing concerns... such as acquiring Alexis Sanchez or Banega.

mo50

Established Member
On my wishlist is a top class striker to replace Van Persie. he's played what, 50 minutes or so this season? It's getting ridiculous now.

mo50

Established Member
Anzac said:
mo50 said:
On my wishlist is a top class striker to replace Van Persie. he's played what, 50 minutes or so this season? It's getting ridiculous now.

Suarez?????

From the little I've seen of Suarez, he looks suited to Arshavin's position.

There's a lack of real quality strikers available right now. I wish we would've gone in for Villa, but he was never leaving Spain.

Humble Rex

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
outlaw_member said:

Anyone who would prefer Song in any midfield to Schweinsteiger needs to have his/her head checked IMO. He is a player who seriously could get us to the coveted "next level".

Humble Rex

Established Member
And people, Banega?! Seriously?!
Alexis Sanchez I get, but not Banega. Have to check him out further I guess...

Bossa

Established Member
Unless if some serious injuries happen I dont think that this squad need anymore additions. Fabianski is still getting the benefit of the doubt.

Anzac

Established Member
Bossa said:
Unless if some serious injuries happen I dont think that this squad need anymore additions. Fabianski is still getting the benefit of the doubt.

Seriously????

I have doubts over:
* the reliability of RVP & Diaby regarding their constant injuries;
* the performance of AA outside the last 3rd (in relation to the WFs providing primary cover to the flanks);
* Song as B2B CM;
* Eboue/long term cover at RB.

IMO if we are to continue to have the bulk of our squad as developing players, then we need to be able to rely on those who are taking positions in the 25 man squad particularly because of our consistant injuries each season.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Humble Rex said:
And people, Banega?! Seriously?!
Alexis Sanchez I get, but not Banega. Have to check him out further I guess...

Banega is class, had some troubles in the past but he's a big player for Valencia now.

But 2/3's of our midfield consists of Fabregas and Wilshere so the last thing I'd be looking at is a Banega-type player.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
AnthonyG said:
outlaw_member said:

Anyone who would prefer Song in any midfield to Schweinsteiger needs to have his/her head checked IMO. He is a player who seriously could get us to the coveted "next level".

Schweinsteiger wouldn't play in Song's position, though. For Germany it's Khedira that occupies the same role as the latter, whilst for Bayern it's van Bommel. He would only replace Wilshere in the setup we currently employ. Although, Song is undoubtedly more offensively inclined, he still undertakes our most defensive role, except that he now has the licence to defend higher up the pitch.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Scweinsteiger is just better than Song, regardless of position.

A Scweini - Jack - Cesc midfield with Song, Rambo and the rest as back ups... I´d take that.

Anzac

Established Member
If AW is going to persist with this vertical 3 role midfield, then I want a genuine non-stop defensive B2B who has pace & stamina.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Youre looking at such generic player Anzac. Thats has gotta be Toulalan only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom