• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GDeep™

League is very weak
Haven't watched Kara Mbodj, but from what iv heard and read about the lad, he seems to fit the bill here.

Anzac

Established Member
I mean non-stop as in activity & defensive as in defensive minded not as an out & out DMC - another version of Flamini for want of a better description.

Bearing in mind that I am fundamentally opposed to this vertical 3 role CM shape & roles in either version (last season or this).

Anzac

Established Member
AshburtonGhost said:
But it's not vertical, mate. :p

Beg to differ - at best you could perhaps call it staggered, but it offers no genuine width or support to the flanks & they seldom work as a unit other than to create offset triangles to work the ball through the middle.

Whist we line up as a 4231 / 433 or whatever, there are 3 distinct roles with 1 player as 1st reciever out of defence, 1 as AMC playmaker/SS & the 3rd as B2B to link/support the other 2. Last season our 1st reciever was Song as holding CMd, this season it's been Wilshere as deep playmaker. The average positions indicate that they temd to operate about the

Humble Rex

Established Member
Petr Cech to quit Chelsea and join us + I want Drogba to F off to a new country. Surely, that isn´t too much to ask for?!

mo50

Established Member
I wish he had left a few years ago when he publicly said he wasn't happy. I'd be as excited as when I heard Ronaldo left the country.

My 1 wish is for a world class striker. Someone who has the potential to change the game single handedly, and doesn't rely solely on service, like Torres did today.

AshburtonGhost

Anzac said:
AshburtonGhost said:
But it's not vertical, mate. :p

Beg to differ - at best you could perhaps call it staggered, but it offers no genuine width or support to the flanks & they seldom work as a unit other than to create offset triangles to work the ball through the middle.

Whist we line up as a 4231 / 433 or whatever, there are 3 distinct roles with 1 player as 1st reciever out of defence, 1 as AMC playmaker/SS & the 3rd as B2B to link/support the other 2. Last season our 1st reciever was Song as holding CMd, this season it's been Wilshere as deep playmaker. The average positions indicate that they temd to operate about the

Most midfield triangles are staggered, though. It's not vertical but you're right with its inability to operate as a unit, provide defensive support and over-committment to attacking the box/scoring goals.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Get Shay Given in January hes asking to leave in the jan transfer window

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6511593,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 93,00.html</a>

Fabianski can be number 2 as we all know his form wont last and sell almunia as he's an utter donkey.

Latest posts

Top Bottom