• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henry a doubt for the Lokomotiv game

Status
Not open for further replies.

VCC

Vadim Evseev said:
Hey Gooners, are you sure that Arsenal is english club? I mean you know that the coach is from France, almost all players are frenchmen. Maybe its already french club? It seems that english players don't want to play in Arsenal (let me remind you about David Seaman and Tony Adams). Probably soon Ray Parlour will follow his exteam-mates-alcoholics.

Um...David Seaman played for Arsenal for more than ten years. Tony Adams spent his ENTIRE career at Arsenal and only left when he RETIRED. Ray Parlour made his Arsenal debut in 1992 and despite being linked to clubs such as West Ham, Sunderland, and Leeds over the past few years, has always maintained that it is his intention to stay at Arsenal. Sol Campbell decided to join Arsenal over some of the biggest clubs in the world. Ashley Cole is England's first choice left back. Martin Keown was an England international until after the 2002 World Cup. And oh yeah, we are located in North London. We're English enough.

Is it true that while Tony Adams played center back in Arsenal he had advertising on his t-shirt saying "C2H5OH"?
By the way here in Russia we really like your alcohol-addicted Tony Adams and etc. I think they can have great time with our Ovchinikov.
And I agree with VCC. Who cares from which country (or planet, or robot-factory) players are playing in national club. The point is who owns this club. I hope our money-bag Potanin will never buy your Arse, or all your players will have to go to rehab like Tony Adamson.

mephisto

Evseev,

if u got nothing good to say about Arsenal why the f*** are u wasting everyone's time by posting on this forum ?

patrick42uk

Established Member
i wont be surprised if gilberto makes way. but that will seem like giving in to those who were booing him. he could come in for ljungberg, which will be a more cautiously attacking arsenal. but i feel we need the goals, ewarly. so maybe he might come off the bench to consolidate a lead? its hard to say. but its good we have something nearing a full squad for what is a very important game

Adam

Established Member
I hope that Cygan and Gilberto make way for Keown and Parlour. We need the stronger mentalities and the fight.

The former two players often epitomised what was poor about last season when trying to hold onto leads. Cygans defensive frailty, and Gilberto's inability to hold and manipulate possesion of the ball and carry the ball. But i am a believer in Gilberto in some games this season. Ray Parlour importantly carries the ball adding more forward impetus from the middle to relieve the defence, rarely gives it away, and encourages players with his fight.

Mephisto, sorry for wasting of your precious time. I think the person for whom this time is really precious is your employer.
But I don't want to offend english fans, and of course I don't want to waste your time. I just want to find the truth in discussion with polite and well-informed english interlocutors, you know to change opinions.

VCC

Gotta say we need Freddie, particularly if Henry can't play. In that case, we'll need that Bergkamp to Ljungberg magic.

Is it true that while Tony Adams played center back in Arsenal he had advertising on his t-shirt saying "C2H5OH"?

Ok, Evseev, I'll give you credit. Not nice to joke about a person's alcoholism, but at least that was witty.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wenger 'quite optimistic' that Henry will play

- Thierry Henry -
Arsène Wenger is confident that Thierry Henry will play in Arsenal's crucial Champions League match against Lokomotiv Moscow at Highbury on Wednesday night.

The French striker missed Saturday's 1-1 draw at Leicester with a hamstring problem but his injury has responded to treatment and he trained with the first-team squad on Tuesday.

Henry was a pivotal figure in Arsenal's magnificent 5-1 win at Inter Milan a fortnight ago and Wenger expects him to return for a game which will determine whether his team qualify for the knockout stages.

"There is still a little doubt but I think he will play if there is no reaction to the training session today," Wenger told Arsenal.com. "He's such an asset and we have to see how he reacts but I am quite optimistic."

Wenger had more good news when he revealed that Ray Parlour has recovered from a hamstring injury and will take his place in the squad to face Lokomotiv.

"We've got Ray Parlour back and Patrick Vieira is in the squad as well," he said. "We already have Martin Keown back so overall we are only missing Lauren and Stuart Taylor."

Lauren, who completed a four-match suspension at the weekend, is still nursing a knee problem. Taylor is still troubled by a shoulder injury so Graham Stack is set to start on the bench on Wednesday night.

Source: www.Arsenal.com

A

Anonymous

Goonergurjit said:
Anyone else feeling nervous already? :?

We HAVE to win this game, a draw might do, but really we must win. We know what we have to do.
We are at home, we have world class players, Vieira the worlds best midfielder should be back to lead the team, we have Sol Campbell in the centre of defence, we have Pires, Freddie, Kolo etc, WE ARE ARSENAL!!!!

Still feeling nervous :wink:

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
No problem guys. I'd play Keown ahead of Cygan, but definately not Parlour. Pires Gilberto Vieira Ljungberg with Den and Titi is the way to go. Stick Shirley on the bench, but not a starter. Now the last time I felt this strongly that someone should start ahead of Shirley was when I wanted Edu to play CM in the 2002 Cup Final, so hopefully Shirley will start tomorrow.

Superdudes

Ded said:
Kyla,
Hey!
Yours Henry never scoars in matches against Russian teams! I repeat - never!!! And we'll not use 2 defenders on him! so tomorrow you'll get lost, and you'll ever not get a part in UEFA Cup!!!
YOU ARE INTERNATIONAL LOSERS!!!
there's alaways a time for a 1st.. now don't get so rude.. didn't your parents teach you any manners.. or is it just the way russians are.. i can't fathom why you say there won't be 2 defenders on herny.. we have written evidence that your manager says he will use 2 defenders on henry.. or are you so ignorant of the fact..
be gone useless soviets..

Superdudes

MadUKV said:
Webdesignlab said:
He's back to kick yo ass.
Anry's got a sore knee, how can he kick anything or anyone? :p
Pooh, why should we fear him at all, he's an old baldy man haunted by rheumatism... 8)
oh do you watch winnie the pooh? now don't whine when your team gets the uefa cup spot.. thats the best for you all.. you mean you don't fear henry.. so why the news about your coach saying that he wants 2 defenders on henry.. yawnzzzzz...

Superdudes

Vadim Evseev said:
Webdesignlab said:
MadUKV said:
So what's the news, how's his knee? Hope out of order :wink:
Wenger'd better save Anry for the PL...

He's back to kick yo ass.

Who is back? Just another french invalid? Guys, winter is russian season. Pray, you won't lose 1-4 as in 2000. Ciao!

french invalid? you don't know what you are talking about.. its actually nominee for the world player of the year 2003.. and where's izmailov or whatever his name is.. not even at the the long list of the world player of the year 2003.. just want to remind that henry is the top 3 world player of the year 2003..

Superdudes

Ded said:
Jinn,
Are your team best at Fair Play???
:lol:
At last few seasons you got about 50 sent offs!
:evil:
so what.. your team is not even among the top three team in the russian league.. and the fair play award is the official statistic.. yawnzzzz.. 4th in russian league means loko damn sucks..

quattro

why cant these loko fans act civilized like the fans from inter who visited this forum before the san siro match? they were confident too that inter would win, but we never got into slagging and insulting with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom