• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Timleaf

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
our current midfield gets eaten alive too.

And as a direct result we win f*ck all. The point has to be to change that, no?

Seriously, anybody wanting a Cesc/Wilshere/Ramsey central midfield hasn't been watching us play for the last 5 years. Might aswell put up a sheet of A4 paper to protect the defence.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Absolutely agreed, long lost Timmeh. As nice as it is to envisage a Cesc, Wilshere and Ramsey midfield, it will be completely incapable of protecting our defence without the ball. Cesc can't defend to save his life, Wilshere is merely decent, and it remains to be seen how effective Ramsey will be in that regard. I've recently come around to the idea of 3 ball playing midfielders, but we don't have someone like Sahin or Alonso who is naturally deep lying in order to keep it balanced. It could potentially work in 7 years time when all three are above 25 years old, when they are tactially exceptional, careful in possession, whilst also possessing the experience to know exactly how to operate as a trio.

There is light

Armor for Sleep said:
Roll on 2018!
:D

@topic

Hulk, coentrao, melo, hummels. If both bendy and vela go (i think wenger will keep arsha here 100%), get hazard in.

We can wish all we like but realistically i can only see us signing alex chamberlain. Transfer period is kind of scary actually, chelsea and city are gonna wreak havoc, liverpool fans have been promised more signings, Manure's going to buy at least two 'big names' as well.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sergio Aguero has a 40 million release clause in his contract. If we do end up losing Cesc in the summer, we have to activate that clause and use him as the indirect replacement. We'd also make a profit provided that we receive a large fee for Cesc.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Timleaf said:
MDGoonah41 said:
our current midfield gets eaten alive too.

And as a direct result we win f*ck all. The point has to be to change that, no?

Seriously, anybody wanting a Cesc/Wilshere/Ramsey central midfield hasn't been watching us play for the last 5 years. Might aswell put up a sheet of A4 paper to protect the defence.

in theory, I agree with you.

But Wenger seems to believe defending and playing with holding/disciplined midfielders isn't necessary. So, assuming that thought won't change, I'd just prefer we bring in legit attacking options

Kain

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Sergio Aguero has a 40 million release clause in his contract. If we do end up losing Cesc in the summer, we have to activate that clause and use him as the indirect replacement. We'd also make a profit provided that we receive a large fee for Cesc.

Chelsea tried to sign Aguero several times in recent seasons, given they spent the massive cash fee for Torres then it would be, in theory, logical to assume they could easily have met this buyout clause in their pursuit of Aguero.

It could be interesting as far as strikers go for us this summer should we choose to address that area, Man City’s squad is top heavy in that department albeit they have plenty of average in there, Chelsea have the well documented Torres signing and Real Madrid are also looking to offload in that area, even Man United are potentially looking at letting the premier league’s top scorer leave and maybe Macheda as well simply because they can’t give him game time, with them clubs out the way we won’t have to enter bidding wars with the financial juggernauts of football.

There is light

Ya i think chelsea made a bid of around 50 million for aguero + godin and it was rejected. Not a selling club eh, that said forlan is leaving this term and if they sell aguero, they only have diego costa so it was a sensible decision to keep those two argentinians, again shows how roman's just hell-bent on buying talents from south america. Anyway, as much as i would like us to sign him, aguero's just wayyy out of our range, not possible to sign him, wenger wouldn't spend over 40 million on all the players that we buy, let alone a striker when RVP is clearly the first choice.

jus2nang

Tax laws mean that we'd have to spend more than the release clause to get any la liga players IIRC.

So if Aguero's release clause is €40M, then we'd have to spend closer to €60M to actually get him.

dyeruz

Established Member
It will never happen but I would get Tevez, work ethic & energy on the pitch would be example for other players, strong, holds the ball up well, good technically on the ball and great (with a streak of selfishness, which would ensure taking a shot at goal if given the opportunity) goal scoring.
Tried and tested goalscorers from the prem, not side show project French mid table goal scorers.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
dyeruz said:
It will never happen but I would get Tevez, work ethic & energy on the pitch would be example for other players, strong, holds the ball up well, good technically on the ball and great (with a streak of selfishness, which would ensure taking a shot at goal if given the opportunity) goal scoring.
I rate Tevez quite highly, but the guy's a cancer. There was an accurate and funny article about all the clubs he's been at and what he said there and when he left. There's something not right in his head. He's said plenty of times he just wants to give football away.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
1. A good replacement for Bendy, if he leaves us. As I've already said, I'd welcome Drogba (not with open arms, but with excitement).
2. Competition for Song in form of a new CM/DM, and I mean proper competition.
3. A new tactical approach.
4. A different season. In a positive manner of course.
5. The opportunity to smile at the end of next season, and not because of being sarcastic.

qs

Established Member
jus2nang said:
Tax laws mean that we'd have to spend more than the release clause to get any la liga players IIRC.

So if Aguero's release clause is €40M, then we'd have to spend closer to €60M to actually get him.

Never heard that before, thats pretty interesting.

dyeruz

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
dyeruz said:
I rate Tevez quite highly, but the guy's a cancer. There was an accurate and funny article about all the clubs he's been at and what he said there and when he left. There's something not right in his head. He's said plenty of times he just wants to give football away.
I do like the fact he's not "fake" in a way, his upbringing means he's strictly about the money but he does give 100%. I have seen him take shots from ridiculous positions, but I also know if he gets a clean sight of goal he will get the ball on target, something simple our players often fail to do.
I know it will never happen, simple solution is to find a player like him who doesn't cost much but doesn't every club.

outlaw_member

Established Member
My wish list;

A strong heart and a pair of Ethiopian lungs. A central midfielder who is a fighter, leader, and can provide energetic performances.

An attacker who can prove to be the catalyst to any future successes. A potential Dennis Bergkamp or Eric Cantona.

A fullback who knows how to attack, and provide true width.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
dyeruz said:
I do like the fact he's not "fake" in a way, his upbringing means he's strictly about the money but he does give 100%.
If you've followed him closely enough, that's not it. He won't fit in here. He chooses not to fit in anywhere. More trouble than he'd be worth.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom