• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

P_Gunner

------Szczesny---------

Sagna--Dj--Verm------Vargas

-----Wilshere-Song---------

---------Fabregas---------

Nasri-------RVP--------Sanchez

In: Sanchez (30m)
Vargas (15-20m)
Lansbury, Bartley, Coquelin (back from loans)

Out: Denilson (5m)
Diaby (7m)
Rosicky (5m)
Clichy (15m)

Total amount spent: Less than 20m

MAK 14

Established Member
There's very little chance of Clichy going for 15m. He's out of contract next summer, for starters.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
@ P Gunner

You can't ship out our entire midfield cover this season (excluding Ramsey who missed most of the season) and not bring in a midfielder. I'm all for giving Lansbury and Coquelin a chance but its too much of a risk to just have them replacing Diaby and Rosicky. They should be eased in and if they perform, then we can dump Diaby next season.

P_Gunner

I understand what you mean but its not much of a loss considering that Diaby, Denilson and Rosicky literally contributed nothing last season. They were poor in virtually every game they played (I think Diaby had 2 or 3 good games). Either way its a valid point, we could bring in Parker as well :p

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In:

Samba/Sakho
Parker
Sanchez/Mata/Young
Benzema

unlikely we'll bring in 4 new players though.

Out:

Almunia
Rosicky
Denilson
Chamakh
Vela

CandysRoom

Established Member
I'd bust a gut to get Chris Samba in! He doesn't have to come in as a starter, but would offer some true grit against teams where grit rather than skill is needed.

squallkid

Established Member
The French/English Revolution

In
Phil Jones
Cahill
Toulalan
Benzema
Baines

Out
Denilson
Almunia
Clichy (if he wants to go)
Squillaci
Diaby
Denilson
Rosicky
Chamakh

dendito

Gonna try to be realistic and name "possible" signings:

Out:

Denilson
Bentdner
Almunia
Rosicky

In:

Hazard
Vertonghen
Benzema
Steckelenburg or the guy who was portugal's goalkeeper in the wc (Eduardo?)
Toulalan

I would also have Aly Cissokho instead of Clichy...

Bossa

Established Member
We just need to sign Samba, Scott Parker and a young forward player who can play as striker and winger and we will be set to win. Keep the rest and sell the dross like Denilson and Almunia.

Bossa

Established Member
dendito said:
P_Gunner said:
Eduardo is error prone. I think Szczesny is better than he is.

I also rate that Belgian guy Proto don't think he'd be too expensive.

Absolutely horrible goalkeeper. He looked like a poor man's Almunia against Ajax in the Europa League. He was absolutely horrible. He has a nice record in the Belgian League but that league is jusst pathetic.

progman07

Established Member
You know what? We should sign players from Italy, that always worked for us (Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp). Oh and please nobody from Ligue 1...

Danni

I'm not a regular in this thread, but seeing the display last week and today has made 'wishing' about what I'd like to see next season:

IN:

Falcao - I don't think we'll see him wanting to play out in a wide forward role, and isn't very versatile, but he is a true goal-scorer and he lives off scoring goals. We don't need anyone who loves the ball played at his feet, and passes when given the chance to shoot. A player like Falcao will stay focused on getting the goal, and that will happen with van Persie, Fabregas and Walcott playing alongside him. He'd add more pace and directness to our general game as well, something we have been missing for most of the season.

Phil Jones - Yes, he isn't the experienced CB that we long for, but he is hugely talented and can certainly be prized away from Blackburn if they go down. He has top awareness, bravery and leads at the back. He can also play a role in midfield due to his decent distribution. If/when we sell Squillaci then he should be our first option. He is also a realistic option, as I can't see Wenger moving for a top class CB with Djourou, Vermaelen and Koscielny fighting for a starting role.

van Bommel - He is a total ****, but experienced. He has won major trophies throughout his career, and would be an ideal squad option here at Arsenal. His experience would be key to overcoming our deprivation of trophies. He is approaching the end of his career, and wouldn't be dying to play every game.

Scott Parker - Yet another midfielder in his 30's. Like van Bommel, I think he'd accept being a squad member, but he'd still be a very useful player in the set-up. West Ham were relegated today, and it is a certainty that he'll be leaving once the transfer window opens. There will be teams like Sp**s interested, but if we show our interest then there will only be one club for him - Arsenal.

Eden Hazard - With Andrey looking as if his time is over at Arsenal, I'd love to see Hazard come in and replace him. Yes, he is young, but age doesn't matter for a winger. If he is talented, then he should play, and Eden fits the bill. He is quick, direct, and is productive. He'd be almost the perfect replacement for Andrey.

OUT:

Manuel Almunia - I don't think I have to go into much detail here. :wink:

Denilson - There are better, more competitive players out there than Denilson who'll give heart and determination to win. I'm fed up with his complacent jogging back and forth, and really is no use to the squad.

Abou Diaby - He is a good player, but he isn't going to help us win the league. He is injured far too often, and doesn't justify his place at the club when he comes back from the sideline. Diaby is inconsistent, and we just don't need that.

Squillaci - He had a decent start to life here at Arsenal, but his form has been falling since October and now doesn't seem adequate enough to play for the club - like many others. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

Andrey Arshavin - I like Arshavin, and would like him stay at the club, as I do feel that he has more to offer, but his performances tell me that his fate has been sealed, and is destined to go in the summer.

Bendtner/Chamakh - Either one will definitely be going at the end of the season, and I wouldn't be troubled in the slightest if it were to happen.

Top Bottom