• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

P_Gunner

I'd love if we could get rid of Almunia, Denilson, Diaby, Rosicky, Clichy, Squillaci, Bendtner/Chamakh and possibly Arshavin.

Yes, thats potentially losing 7 players but of those players only Arshavin and Bendtner/Chamakh really offer anything at all. The others are just wasting space, wasting wages and the simple fact that Rosicky was offered a contract extension last year is a disgrace.

Bring in players like Sanchez/Hazard, Benzema, Parker, Van Bommel/Charlie Adam, left back and bring back Bartley, Coquelin, Lansbury and Vela (last chance) from loan. This would massively improve the squad as it would remove all the deadweight, collapsing dross and bring some serious players in.

Parker and Charlie Adam may not be players with many accolades, but both give 100% week in week out and they are the heart of their team. Both life their team when the team is down and both have balls of steel and pure passion for the game. Thats what we need.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
raidersoftheark said:
outlaw_member said:
Daniel Sturridge for CF.

Ashley Young and Hulk for R/LFW.

van Bommel for DCM.

Coentrao for LB.

:bounce

Pretty much exactly what we need.

A goal threat, a new winger, experienced midfielder and a left back.

Won't happen though.

Bossa

Established Member
OUT: Almunia, Squilacci, Denilson, Rosicky, Arshavin, Bendtner

IN: Samba, Parker, Nzogbia, Aguero

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Everybody's thinking along the same lines. We all know what we need...so its going to be f*cking infuriating when Wenger fannies about in the summer and leaves us short yet again.

Floating

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Everybody's thinking along the same lines. We all know what we need...so its going to be f*cking infuriating when Wenger fannies about in the summer and leaves us short yet again.

Yep, we're going to sign Owen Hargreaves on a free and Carl Jenkinson.

ricky1985

Established Member
Bossa said:

I know you're just trying to be realistic, but those are some miserable names to find in a wish list.

Bossa

Established Member
progman07 said:
You know what? We should sign players from Italy, that always worked for us (Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp). Oh and please nobody from Ligue 1...

There's one player that I really want from the Serie A and thats Jovetic. Of course the other great players like Sanchez and Thiago Silva are not affordable.

Bossa

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Bossa said:

I know you're just trying to be realistic, but those are some miserable names to find in a wish list.

Best players that we can realically get from the EPL. All of those three are by far the best players from their respective clubs.

IMO with those three players we will win the league next year. Not a lot of people rate these players because their clubs suck but players like Squillaci or Denilson would also get a hard time playing at West Ham or Blackburn. They are just lucky that we signed him because Wenger was probably on Cmeth.

Floating

Established Member
Bossa said:
progman07 said:
You know what? We should sign players from Italy, that always worked for us (Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp). Oh and please nobody from Ligue 1...

There's one player that I really want from the Serie A and thats Jovetic. Of course the other great players like Sanchez and Thiago Silva are not affordable.

Last year, Jovetic would have been way out of our price range, but since he's been injured all campaign, he will be a reasonable price, much like when we picked up Nasri for cheap after an injury/illness-ridden season.

Could be a good shout, he's got talent, power, and directness in abundance... :)

Bossa

Established Member
Jovetic, everybody has forgotten on him and he plays for Fiorentina who are horrible now. I would place a cheeky 15m bid if I was Wenger. When the kid was on form last season he was also like Zlatan.

AshburtonGhost

Bossa said:
ricky1985 said:
Bossa said:

Best players that we can realically get from the EPL. All of those three are by far the best players from their respective clubs.

IMO with those three players we will win the league next year. Not a lot of people rate these players because their clubs suck but players like Squillaci or Denilson would also get a hard time playing at West Ham or Blackburn. They are just lucky that we signed him because Wenger was probably on Cmeth.

See, this is the stuff I like to see. Smart purchases of proven premiership footballers that fit our requirements. If only the club thought like that.

scytheavatar

Established Member
AshburtonGhost said:
See, this is the stuff I like to see. Smart purchases of proven premiership footballers that fit our requirements. If only the club thought like that.

Proven as in proven to be not that special? Samba has been just as prone to long periods of poor form as Cahill, if not worse. Nzogbia can beat players but tracks back less than Arshavin. Parker at least isn't that bad and might be worth getting but I am still not convinced that he's better than Barry.

AshburtonGhost

Oh yeah and sign who instead? More ****ing dross from Ligue 1 or something like that? I'd take Samba instead of all of our CBs bar Vermaelen and possibly Djourou. Give me N'Zogbia on the flanks over Arshavin, Nasri and Walcott any day. Parker, while not a great footballer, would bring some much needed grit, determination and leadership into a team severely lacking those qualities. It's not necessarily about signing the best players, it's about signing the right players.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
why are people putting Insomnia in their wish list?

eek

do... not... want...

Parker and samba, I would take, but not Insomnia

ricky1985

Established Member
AshburtonGhost said:
Oh yeah and sign who instead? More ******* dross from Ligue 1 or something like that? I'd take Samba instead of all of our CBs bar Vermaelen and possibly Djourou. Give me N'Zogbia on the flanks over Arshavin, Nasri and Walcott any day. Parker, while not a great footballer, would bring some much needed grit, determination and leadership into a team severely lacking those qualities. It's not necessarily about signing the best players, it's about signing the right players.
You say that now. When you see Samba turning like an oil tanker trying to catch a striker that has just breached our offside line, or N'Zogbia trying to beat one man too many for the 15th time in a row, then I fancy you'll change your mind.

To say N'Zogbia is a better player/wide player than Nasri, Arshavin and Theo is ridiculous.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Apparently, the chairman of Udinese was in Manchester to progress talks with City regarding a deal for Alexis Sanchez. Personally speaking, he is the best wide forward along with Hulk that is playing outside of the big European clubs. Despite their vast number of forward purchases, I still think City lack real quality in their front line, and a signature like this could transform them.

The talk of Neymar to Chelsea is also strengthening with each passing week. With van der Wiel also now being linked with a move.

This summer is going to be a nightmare.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom