• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

fabo

6.51 / 10
Agreed, impressed with his reading of the game and he seemed to react well when pressed. Looks a very interesting player and will be an asset for whoever buys him - 10-15m seems a fair price.

Quality additions at CB and CM would really lift this team.

Floating

Established Member
He'd be great in Jack or Song's role and can also fill in it at fullback. I've been putting him on my wishlist for 2-3 seasons now!

eye4goal

Established Member
SuperStar said:
I wouldn't mind Isla and Vidal from Chile. Both would be improvements on what we currently have, and I believe Isla can play both right and left back.

I also like Isla but am not sure about him defensively. He plays as a wing-back for Udinese and I think he was playing in midfield the other day for Chile. Vidal would be an excellent signing.

eye4goal

Established Member
I would go for this front 6 if we lose Cesc and Nasri

-------Wilshere----Vidal

Gervinho---Hazard---Affelay

------------RVP

RVP links up really well with Affelay for Holland. The Hazard and Gervinho partnership is also extremely effective

MDGoonah41

Established Member
------- Wilshere -- Vidal ------

--- Gervinho -- Hazard -- Mata -

------------ RvP ---------------

Walcott on the bench or off to Chelsea for £30M

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Floating said:
Schmelzer's Wiki picture is ultimate! How does he compare to the other LB's we're being heavily linked with (Cissokho, Enrique, Baines)?

Well, I don't know the stats of all of them, but Schmelzer's have room for improvement, which is down to his age of course:
Won 61% of his 1vs1's last season, started every League game for Dortmund, 70% of his passes were successful, putting in 110 crosses.
Not bad, for a 23 years old. Especially his crossing is very good, his work rate either.

Thing is, he's unproven on the highest level, unlike Cissokho e.g.
He'll get a chance to do so this season when Dortmund play in the Champions League, and then it remains to be seen how well he deals with quality opposition, not to speak about the "second season syndrome" that could get him.

Out of those you've mentioned, he has the biggest potential, but the question is whether we shouldn't rather go for immediate quality now, and knowing the price tags of those LBs (Baines, Cissokho, Schmelzer), my choice would be Enrique.

Baines and Cissokho would just be too expensive for Wenger, while Schmelzer is more one for the future which could mean the end of Gibbs here, something I don't want to happen yet tbh.

eye4goal

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I'd have to go for either eye4goal or MD's team. I'm not sure who I'd pick out of Mata and Affelay.

Mata is overall a better player but I feel Affelay can score more. I would rather keep Nasri than sign either as I feel we'll need to be even more clinical without the creativity of Cesc and Nasri is someone who can score 20 goals plus

qs

Established Member
How about

---- Vidal -- Fabregas -----

Gervinho -- Nasri -- Mata

---------- RVP --------------

with a second string of

------ Song --- Wilshere ---

Walcott -- Ramsey --- Arshavin

---------- Benzema ----------

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
How about

with a second string of

Someone buy some polish and clean out the dust. The big ears is finally coming to London.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
qs said:
How about

with a second string of

Someone buy some polish and clean out the dust. The big ears is finally coming to London.

Get Cahill and a decent left back and I reckon that'd do it alright.

AS I wrote I was thinking "yeah right" and then I thought why the **** not! Why shouldn't we have a squad that good. There is no one outrageous to wish for on that list. They're all players that'd come here. None would cost over £30m. That side is doable. That is a side that we could have if we were ambitious.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

ebouenolike said:
I can't understand people putting Wilshere into a 'second XI'.
Me neither, for one he's better than Song and two he'll be starting for us whether we sign a midfielder or not.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom