• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

qs

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
I can't understand people putting Wilshere into a 'second XI'.

Don't take things so literally. No one has a first and second 11. Its just a way of showing options.

And the reason he's in my second 11 is because Cesc Fabregas has his position in the first 11, cos he's better than him.

ebouenolike

Established Member
Fair enough.

I would just rather have Jack's workrate, quality and dynamism on the pitch. I definitely wouldn't bench him for Nasri through the middle.

P_Gunner

Jack's playing too much and it could definitely affect him in the future. He's definitely quality but I wouldn't mind if he got a lot more rest. Ideally for me he'd start about half of the games he started last year. Arsène is running him into the ground - just like he did with Cesc.

Pies

P_Gunner said:
Jack's playing too much and it could definitely affect him in the future. He's definitely quality but I wouldn't mind if he got a lot more rest. Ideally for me he'd start about half of the games he started last year. Arsène is running him into the ground - just like he did with Cesc.

No way!

Play him while we still have him, let Barca or Man City or whoever comes in for him next worry about that. Same as Arsène did with Cesc... Don't try to "save" him, get the best out of him now and let the next club worry about his body.

Plus we desperately need him out there anyway!

Anzac

Established Member
IF we lose both Cesc & Nasri.....

........Stekelenburg.............
Sagna......................LB
..........CB.......TV.........

.........Song......Vidal......
Gervinho..................Mata
.........Benzema..RVP..........

Bench: Theo, AA, Wilshere, Rambo, Chamakh, Sneezy, Kos.

OR:

...........GK.................
Sagna.................LB
........CB....TV.........

.....Rambo..Vidal...Wilshere...

....RVP....Benzema....Mata/Gervinho

OR:

...........GK............
Sagna...............LB
.......CB......TV.......

..Rambo...Vidal...Wilshere..
..........AA/Mata..........
.......RVP....Benzema.....

qs

Established Member
P_Gunner said:

Yeah thats a big issue now too. Wenger even admitted he overplayed Jack this year. We need to be careful with the lad, don't want him burning out like Fabregas and whinging about injuries constantly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I posted months ago about 19 year old Costa Rican, Joel Campbell.

He's torn Bolivia a new one in the Copa America game tonight, and looks almost unplayable every time I watch him. Pace, great feet and finishes like Henry. Frightening prospect for peanuts at this stage. His price wont last long, though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wenger, of all people, must know of him. I'd hate to see him get snapped up for nothing from his current club, Deportivo Saprissa, for a goldfish and a balloon, only for him to become a gold mine. I'm completely sold on the guy.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
Wenger, of all people, must know of him. I'd hate to see him get snapped up for nothing from his current club, Deportivo Saprissa, for a goldfish and a balloon, only for him to become a gold mine. I'm completely sold on the guy.
As we've just signed a twelve year old Croatian I'm certain Wenger knows just about every professional footballer around the world.

outlaw_member

Established Member
No, he doesn't. The scouts find the players. It's not like Wenger travels all over the world to watch teams in various countries. The bulk of his knowledge, as has been documented, comes from TV.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Wenger's success in the market, contrary to popular belief, is not down to his ability to find obscure players, simply because it's not him that goes around looking for them. It's his ability to pick the right player, and accurately judge a players ability and potential, which is where his strength lies.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
outlaw_member said:
No, he doesn't. The scouts find the players. It's not like Wenger travels all over the world to watch teams in various countries. The bulk of his knowledge, as has been documented, comes from TV.
I meant knew about him/them. I didn't mean find them personally.

ricky1985

Established Member
It's all one and the same, Outlaw. Arsène watches an obscene amount of football, you think, for example, he wasn't watching when this kid finished top scorer at the CONCACAF U20 Championship as an 18 year old, or last night's game, or, if he does indeed actually rate him, his games for his club side? Of course we have scouts to identify potential targets, but Wenger is heavily involved in the process of appraising the ability they have and whether it is of use to us. We know that Wenger's eye for talent is the stuff of legend because we've heard numerous scouts say exactly that.

ricky1985

Established Member
It's all one and the same, Outlaw. Arsène watches an obscene amount of football, you think, for example, he wasn't watching when this kid finished top scorer at the CONCACAF U20 Championship as an 18 year old, or last night's game, or, if he does indeed actually rate him, his games for his club side? Of course we have scouts to identify potential targets, but Wenger is heavily involved in the process of appraising the ability they have and whether it is of use to us. We know that Wenger's eye for talent is the stuff of legend because we've heard numerous scouts say exactly that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:

That's what I said. Wenger's capability of appraising their ability and judging whether it is of use to us or not, is the reason behind his success in the transfer market. The scouts are there to find the targets for the manager to then choose from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom