• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

fabo

6.51 / 10
We won't be getting him anyway mate, Juve's interest appears to be real and Melo might be leaving.

Song and Diaby it is then!

outlaw_member

Established Member
--------Szczesny
Sagna-Cahill-Vermaelen
------------------------Vargas/Baines
-----------Vidal
------Fabregas-Wilshere
Nasri-------------------Gervinho/Walcott
---------van Persie

outlaw_member

Established Member
He has which is why I didn't deploy him as a left back, even though he has played there in the past. I think we need to alter one of the fullback roles to become permanently offensive. With Sagna and Jenkinson, two predominantly defensive players occupying the right, we could then free up the left with Gibbs, Traore and Baines/Vargas being given the freedom to more or less to do as they pleased, with the RB's slotting in alongside the CB's in a more reserved role. Ideally, we could also free up the RB's (we'd have to replace Sagna) by dedicating a midfielder to sit right in front of the CB's, but I don't think Wenger would be too keen on that setup.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Take Cesc out, he's leaving. Move Nasri in to his spot, put Mata in Nasri's spot, and that's my team, with Baines over Vargas

There is light

Outie, Vargas can't defend! Even bastos is a much better defender than him and you know bastos is a **** defender but i pretty much love that team, we need 3 first team signings as of now and also to keep our top players, too big an ask for wenger?

P_Gunner

Vargas' defending is probably slightly worse than Gibbs', but Vargas is a much better attacker.

Bastos however is a much worse at defending than both Gibbs and Vargas :lol:

bazza_afc

I want the deadwood shipped out ASAP!

Almunia, Eboue, Traore, Squillaci, Bendtner & Vela.

I would like to add Diaby. Never going to happen though.

That lot to be replaced with: Gordon, Cahill, Vidal, Ox-C & a centre forward, no clue who.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We're on the verge of getting rid off Denilson and Al in one single summer, and another player in Bendtner, who just doesn't fit in here, is as well as good as gone.
I'm glad if those three leave us, each additional player of similar quality who leaves us, is a bonus.

Keeping both Fabs and Nasri whilst adding one further CB to it, and honestly, I'd be close to being delighted with a transfer window for the first time in half a decade.

Half a ****ing decade.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Looks like Ricky Alvarez is having a stormer of a pre-season for Inter.

outlaw_member

Established Member
There is light said:
Outie, Vargas can't defend! Even bastos is a much better defender than him and you know bastos is a **** defender but i pretty much love that team, we need 3 first team signings as of now and also to keep our top players, too big an ask for wenger?

That's exactly why he's at LWB. :wink:

outlaw_member

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Take Cesc out, he's leaving. Move Nasri in to his spot, put Mata in Nasri's spot, and that's my team, with Baines over Vargas

If Cesc does leave for Barcelona this summer, then we should bag up the money, take the earliest easyjet flight out to Madrid, request the nearest cab driver to transport us to the Vicente Calderon stadium, leave the money at the front steps and pray that it would be enough to purchase Sergio Aguero.

qs

Established Member
Buying him is only half the issue. His wages are way more than we'd pay and even if we met them you can be sure City would offer a better deal.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Stop pissing on my parade. :(

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18072011/58/serie-juventus-contact-vidal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18072011/ ... vidal.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juventus have contacted Bayer over Vidal.

Possibility of Wenger reigniting his interest in Melo?

Floating

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Apparently, Melo was left out of Juventus's pre-season squad, and is negotiating a deal to go on loan to a Brazilian club.

The comparisons to Denilson are apt. :lol:

There is light

Yah! apparently conte needs no mediano, he needs a regista so melo's completely out of the plans, ffs he was juve's best player the last year but i think he's been frozen out just because secco bought him. Anyway wenger should go for him, he's a world class player IF one can handle him properly, temperamental but has no boundaries when he's confident, beast. Exactly what we need. Most juve mates are confident vidal's going to sign for juve but we'll see.

I like the wingback idea, would be very exciting and would give the attack a real boost but im afraid we'll concede a lot more goals from open play because of it as our positional play in defense is not great. Not expecting any signing now at LB and hoping gibbs can stay fit and be the player we need, he'll certainly improve when he starts every game for us.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Melo was indeed very good last season, problem now is that Pirlo has signed and they need a complimentary partner in midfield, preferably someone mobile who can press higher and also cover gaps left behind, not too dissimilar to the set-up at Milan I guess, with Gattuso and others covering huge amounts of ground. Melo just doesn't fit the bill.

FWIW, I don't think Melo is what we currently need tbh. He's a good player though.

Top Bottom