• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

There is light

Have to disagree on that one fabo, IMO we need a ball winner that can defend the back four and break up the play who has a good positional sense and good passing ability. Melo totally is that player!

But i can see why you disagree, wenger allows song to play the proper defensive midfielder role in the tougher matches but when against parked buses, song is given the freedom to go forward and create, a role vidal can play perfectly so yea it's really sad we haven't been interested in him.

Agree with you take on pirlo but i don't think juve should be building a team around a 32 yr old whose on a decline, paying him massive salary too, for me he doesn't deserve more than a sub role. Marchisio melo vidal could have easily been a quality midfield.

Lord Dula

Established Member
----------Szczesny
Sagna--Subotic--Vermaelen-Pereira
--------Song---WIlshere
-----------Fabregas
----Walcott--------Nasri
-----------van Persie

outlaw_member

Established Member
Nice one, Dules, you've kept the super six, even if their greatness was short lived. Last season was the closest we've been to having a settled first XI since 2007. Maybe, we just need to ensure that they remain fit, and just add some depth in key areas.

KY

Established Member
I'm just waiting for the Montolivo rumours to resurface. Like a certain left midfielder of our own, he's disenchanted, in his lsat year of contract and wants to leave. Not sure why there hasn't been more solid links to him from big clubs...

There is light

KY said:
I'm just waiting for the Montolivo rumours to resurface. Like a certain left midfielder of our own, he's disenchanted, in his lsat year of contract and wants to leave. Not sure why there hasn't been more solid links to him from big clubs...

probably because they've seen him play regularly :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Except you can't ensure their fitness.

Just more wishful thinking on my part.

My preferred squad without Cesc;

---------Szczesny
Sagna-Cahill-Vermaelen-Baines
-------Vidal--Wilshere
-----------Nasri
Gervinho---------------Hulk
---------van Persie

----------Gordon
Eboue-Djourou-Koscielny-Gibbs
-------Song--Lansbury
----------Ramsey
Walcott---------------Sinclair
---------Vucinic

P_Gunner

outlaw_member said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Except you can't ensure their fitness.

Just more wishful thinking on my part.

My preferred squad without Cesc;

---------Szczesny
Sagna-Cahill-Vermaelen-Baines
-------Vidal--Wilshere
-----------Nasri
Gervinho---------------Hulk
---------van Persie

Sexy. Definitely an improvement on our current squad.

Floating

Established Member
I'd be fine with Walcott over Hulk in that line-up as well. I'd love Vidal and Cahill here, that's for sure.

mistaT

Established Member
In:

Pastore (45)
Parker (8)
Cahill (17)
Enrique (10)

80 million

Out:

Clichy (7)
Cesc (45)
Almunia (3)

55 million

------------The Chez------------------
Sagna - Verm - Cahill - Enrique (Gibbs)
-----------Song (Parker)--------------
--------Wilshere - Parker (Ramsey)----
------------Pastore (Nasri)-----------
-------RVP (Nasri)--------------------
----Walcott----------------------------

*Note, I don't want Cesc to leave but I think this would do the job with a minimal net loss.

Teach Nasri his place, have Kos/DJ as back up CM's, and utilize our dynamic midfielders.

Thoughts?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
*updated* sans Cesc

-- Sagna -- Cahill -- Vermaelen -- Baines --

----------------- Vidal --------------------

---------- Nasri ------- Wilshere ----------

------ Mata------------------ Gervinho -----

-------------------- RvP --------------------

Kos
DJ
Ramsey
Song
Arshavin
Chamberlain
Chamakh

KY

Established Member
Raider said:
German sufficiency at the back.

Brazilian flow at the front.

That's the german national team you're talking about. Almost, with turkish flair instead of brazilian. :p But it's close!!

Floating

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
*updated* sans Cesc

-- Sagna -- Cahill -- Vermaelen -- Baines --

----------------- Vidal --------------------

---------- Nasri ------- Wilshere ----------

------ Mata------------------ Gervinho -----

-------------------- RvP --------------------

Kos
DJ
Ramsey
Song
Arshavin
Chamberlain
Chamakh

Love it, but I'd switch Mata and Gervinho.

Anzac

Established Member
Me thinks AW is going to sit until we qualify for the Group Stage & then try to make his signings. Didn't he take the same approach 2 seasons ago & then fail & said he ran out of time re negotiations?

mistaT

Established Member
Anzac said:
Me thinks AW is going to sit until we qualify for the Group Stage & then try to make his signings. Didn't he take the same approach 2 seasons ago & then fail & said he ran out of time re negotiations?

:bash

Top Bottom