• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

arsenallegends

Established Member
Such madness. De Jong is such stupendous **** I hope he never graces our colors. He's that guy when your playing in the park who ruins it for everyone because he's so ****e at getting the ball clean and will almost certainly get a piece of you in the process. ****s it up for everyone. Not better than Song.

Mascherano is better than Song, but not by much. Yes, more consistent than Song.

With some instruction and discipline (Arsène's Job) we wouldn't pissing on Song's defensive prowess. I'm glad we got him and I'm glad we got Frimpong on the bench. Its only because of ANC that we really do need a DM.

P_Gunner

arsenallegends said:
Such madness. De Jong is such stupendous **** I hope he never graces our colors. He's that guy when your playing in the park who ruins it for everyone because he's so **** at getting the ball clean and will almost certainly get a piece of you in the process. ***** it up for everyone. Not better than Song.

Mascherano is better than Song, but not by much. Yes, more consistent than Song.

With some instruction and discipline (Arsène's Job) we wouldn't pissing on Song's defensive prowess. I'm glad we got him and I'm glad we got Frimpong on the bench. Its only because of ANC that we really do need a DM.

No. We need a DM because ours just isn't very good.

arsenallegends

Established Member
One of the best in the world at his age and in general. A bit thick at times, so yea no shortcuts maybe we need to bring in someone.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Song is not in the league of either De Jong or Mascherano IMO. The lad cannot defend for toffy, gets caught wrong side numerous times each game, he's clumsy, his mobility and agility are not up to scratch, doesn't read the game well enough and is only a certain starter because of how horribly unbalanced the midfield is. To me Song is shown to be lacking in the first and final thirds of the field, he's pretty good on the ball in my view, better than Ramsey right now I'd say but still hugely flawed and essentially not good enough.

How do we expect to improve if we are just promoting Frimpong..........:lol:

Ludicrous stuff. He should be loaned out, let some small team bear the brunt of his naivity. Song should be demoted to the bench where he and Ramsey can provide back-up to the starters.

Can Wenger not see the huge hole that opens up in front of our defence a few times every match. Even Cologne were getting through with ease. It's gonna be a hard season if Cesc leaves and we don't strengthen.

outlaw_member

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
Such madness. De Jong is such stupendous **** I hope he never graces our colors. He's that guy when your playing in the park who ruins it for everyone because he's so **** at getting the ball clean and will almost certainly get a piece of you in the process. ***** it up for everyone. Not better than Song.

That comes with the territory. A defensive midfielder that doesn't occasionally hurt his opponents is either a perfect tackler, or doesn't get down and dirty enough.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
fabo said:
Song is not in the league of either De Jong or Mascherano IMO. The lad cannot defend for toffy, gets caught wrong side numerous times each game, he's clumsy, his mobility and agility are not up to scratch, doesn't read the game well enough and is only a certain starter because of how horribly unbalanced the midfield is. To me Song is shown to be lacking in the first and final thirds of the field, he's pretty good on the ball in my view, better than Ramsey right now I'd say but still hugely flawed and essentially not good enough.
There is some truth in what you are saying, but if you say he can't defend go google his game against Chelsea and Manure at home.

Song's ability on the ball is very underrated imo like you say. He passes very well and spreads the ball okay. If he can play a discipline game of sitting back he would be great.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Mascherano is very good but all he really does is run around the park fouling any player he sees. Not my cup of tea at all. Song is better on the ball and a much better passer for me. There's a reason Mascherano benches at Barca. He struggles to play a quick passing game. Song isn't flawless but he's pretty darn competent at our passing game, which is probably most intricate in the Premier League.

fabo

6.51 / 10
But surely there are huge differences between us and Bartha, we have to defend far more often and in a more powerful, physical league facing different threats every week. Something is obviously wrong with our approach as we don't score enough and concede too many, whereas Barca are the opposite.

Everyone has their own opinions and it's good to have these debates, if you are happy with our midfield defensively then all good. Song is hardly Scholes on the ball so I'm doubtful we'd be losing anything by replacing him with a proper defensive midfielder but hey, he's here to stay. I think putting him in a more restrained role would help mask some of his flaws but defensively he's still lacking certain attributes IMO.

Busquets for example fits like a glove at Barca, I'd bet my house that the guy would be eaten alive if he played for us.

Two key areas of concern for me are the lack of a really good CB alongside Vermaelen and that pocket of space in front of the defence that is vacant on many occasions. Then I'd say the lack of genuine pace in attack is an issue(Gervinho and Miyaichi should help, obviously Wenger would try to rectify attacking issues before anything else) aswell as the team's inability to press as a cohesive unit for sustained periods.

That's 4 areas then.........:wink:

There is light

Mascherano is on the bench for barca because as fabo says busquets suits their game very well, not because he's ****. If you say song's quality on the ball is underrated then you're doing the same with masch, the guy's a brilliant tackler and has a very good range of passing, so underrated. HE can play the quick passing game way better than song. I'd give an arm for us to buy someone like him or to a lesser extent de jong. Missing out on xabi alonso was a very heinous crime. First song can't tackle then we try to make him into a box to box only to make matters worse, next thing u know we'd replace cesc by putting song in his position.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
-------------------Ches------------------
--Sagna----Cahill--------Verm---Enrique--
-----------DeJong--------Cesc------------
--Theo/Gerv------Arshavin-----Mata/Gerv--
------------------RVP--------------------

team oozes goals and with DeJong in there has defensive stability. The likes of Eboue, Koscielny, Wilshere, Diaby, gibbs, Ramsey are pretty immense squad options.

Nasri goes city for DeJong plus money whilst Cahill and Enrique come in for 20m

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
There is light said:
Mascherano is on the bench for barca because as fabo says busquets suits their game very well, not because he's ****. If you say song's quality on the ball is underrated then you're doing the same with masch, the guy's a brilliant tackler and has a very good range of passing, so underrated. HE can play the quick passing game way better than song. I'd give an arm for us to buy someone like him or to a lesser extent de jong. Missing out on xabi alonso was a very heinous crime. First song can't tackle then we try to make him into a box to box only to make matters worse, next thing u know we'd replace cesc by putting song in his position.
Not sure if that's directed at me.

There is light said:
Mascherano is on the bench for barca because as fabo says busquets suits their game very well, not because he's ****.
Ron Burgundy said:
Mascherano is very good
:?

fabo

6.51 / 10
ebouenolike said:
I wouldn't call Eboue or Diaby 'pretty immense squad options'

And Wilshere wouldn't be on the bench for me.

Truth has always had a crush on Diaby and Eboue........ :lol:

Arshavin too, see the way he sneaks him into the AM role.

There is light

Ron Burgundy said:
Mascherano is very good but all he really does is run around the park fouling any player he sees. Not my cup of tea at all. Song is better on the ball and a much better passer for me. There's a reason Mascherano benches at Barca. He struggles to play a quick passing game. Song isn't flawless but he's pretty darn competent at our passing game, which is probably most intricate in the Premier League.
:|

Disagree with the part in bold mate.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
There is light said:
Ron Burgundy said:
:|

Disagree with the part in bold mate.
Fair enough - but I never called him "****". I don't even know how to pronounce four asterisks in a row.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Mascherano would be a big player for us. You'd have to think we're not suddenly going to become a solid unit so having a midfielder like him would be invaluable....someone mobile enough to track runners, good reader of the play and strong in the tackle.

Players of his ilk are often looked down on here because he doesn't spray passes around and look all that fancy in possession.... but in truth he's very clever and very good at what he does. If we're losing Fabregas to Barca then getting Masch in (with a nice bit of cash) would soften the blow considerably for me.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
fabo said:
ebouenolike said:
I wouldn't call Eboue or Diaby 'pretty immense squad options'

And Wilshere wouldn't be on the bench for me.

Truth has always had a crush on Diaby and Eboue........ :lol:

Arshavin too, see the way he sneaks him into the AM role.

Eboue?? no mate far from it. Diaby and Arshavin are among my favorites though!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom