• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CRAP reporting on Soccernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephisto

just have a look at this latest piece of trash to come out from this website:

"Another day of disgrace for Arsène Wenger's Gunners will be dominated the back page headlines tomorrow morning. As for Leicester, they can sit back and gloat as they slowly return to the summit of the English game. "

What kind of objective reporting is this ??

SydneyGunnerFan

it looks like to me is that the reporters must hate us alot because they are talking trash how come they cant say that we are underfeated for the season so far or something but no they only say the bad stuff about us not the good

Jinn

Established Member
Snatching goals in the last minute of games is the summit of the English game?

Only for Manure.

Arsenal316

Soccernet is not pro Man. U. They are one of the better and more respectable soccer sites out there. They are the first site I go to for news about soccer, period.

The person who wrote the article might be biased against Arsenal, but not the site. Don't get the two confused.

raymond

Arsenal316 said:
Soccernet is not pro Man. U. They are one of the better and more respectable soccer sites out there. They are the first site I go to for news about soccer, period.

The person who wrote the article might be biased against Arsenal, but not the site. Don't get the two confused.

Soccernet is good for rapid news updates, but their reporting and analysis are strictly tabloid quality. They adopt a pro-English, humorless, faux-moralist attitude that I can't stand, and their columnists are lousy writers. The Insider is only the most annoying of the bunch. (Exactly what makes him an insider? Is he on good terms with Fergie and Arsène?) They have always been anti-Arsenal on balance, not just the Insider. For an example look at their "team of the week" feature and compare it to the one at Soccerage.com. Many more Arsenal appearances in the latter.

If you want decent football writing, try the Guardian, the Telegraph, or the Independent. All are linked to at arsenal-world.com. Or, of course, there's arseblog.

finnish Gunner

Soccernet.com has been a good source, but it has been going worse lately. A while ago, it was the first place for me too to check the football news, but nowadays I use it only for some general footie news.

Andrew

finnish Gunner said:
Soccernet.com has been a good source, but it has been going worse lately. A while ago, it was the first place for me too to check the football news, but nowadays I use it only for some general footie news.

I agree. I used to go to Soccernet all the time. But then Plantfootball became the preference. But ever since Sky Sports has merged with Planetfootball I never visit it anymore. Now Football365 is the site I go to... they update regularly and always have interesting (and controversial) features. Anyone else know a good site?

reggiepaul

soccernet is good for results and that's about it really. I don't read any of their articles because they are usually littered with statements for or against one person or another.

Arseblog is ok for the blog.

beaney

[quote="raymondhave always been anti-Arsenal on balance, not just the Insider. For an example look at their "team of the week" feature and compare it to the one at Soccerage.com. Many more Arsenal appearances in the latter.[/quote]

playing devils advocate here but maybe soccerage are pro-arsenal and not that socernet are anti-arsenal ?

to be fair it would be nice to see some PRO-arsenal reporting for a change, anyone know of any pro-arsenal reporters/ papers/websites out there (obvioulsy other than arsenal-related/sponsored websites)

raymond

finnish Gunner said:

I'm not sure they are getting any worse, at least in terms of the bias I'm complaining about. They used to have this fellow Jeff Powell writing for them. Here's his welcome to Sven-Goran Eriksson: "We have sold our birthright down a fjord to a nation of skiers and hammer throwers who spend half their year living in darkness." He further elucidated his views in this lovely Soccernet column:

http://www.soccernet.com/columns/2000/1 ... lfeat.html

While Powell seems to be gone now, that still sums up for me the general perspective of the site.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Andrew said:
I agree. I used to go to Soccernet all the time. But then Plantfootball became the preference. But ever since Sky Sports has merged with Planetfootball I never visit it anymore. Now Football365 is the site I go to... they update regularly and always have interesting (and controversial) features. Anyone else know a good site?

Have a look at www.playerwatch.co.uk they usually have news on every Arsenal player. i used to look on planetfootball as well but now they are really disappointing

Superdudes

playerwatch.. look at its playermeter.. arsenal has 3 players rated among the top 5.. henry as usual no 1.. :p and with ashley no 5.. wih viera no 7.. though i question some of the playermeter.. there's ben thatcher and seaman among the top 20.. anyone who goes to playerwatch knows how they rate the players?

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Superdudes said:
playerwatch.. look at its playermeter.. arsenal has 3 players rated among the top 5.. henry as usual no 1.. :p and with ashley no 5.. wih viera no 7.. though i question some of the playermeter.. there's ben thatcher and seaman among the top 20.. anyone who goes to playerwatch knows how they rate the players?

Henry has only become no.1 recently before Beckham was always no.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom