• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

outlaw_member

Established Member
There was some credence to the notion that Mascherano is not the best technically, but that's completely changed ever since he moved to Barcelona. Anyone who has seen him play in Spain will have immediately noticed that he is almost unrecognisable on the ball. Irrespective of that, he was good enough to walk into our side even when he was supposedly mediocre on the ball. A DM with a strong short passing game is more than good enough to play for us. It's ironic that people complain about Song behaving like Zidane, yet at the same time they want a DM that is quality on the ball. The best DM's have tended to be players who were limited technically, as they knew the limitations of their ability and didn't pretend to be something they're not. Thus, focusing on breaking up play, and little else. Vieira was not a DM, before someone mentions his name. If you look at the more technical DM's around like Song or Melo, they have a tendency to act like they are the dogs bollocks.

qs

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
qs said:
Mascherano is incredibly overrated.

Whilst this is true, he was excellent against us for Liverpool and Barca this season.

Him tackling Bendtner late on in Camp Nou was gutting.

He's capable of big performances but when he was at Liverpool I think the pace of the Premiership showed him up quite often. He'd regularly resort to hacking people down. I don't rate his passing either, he's not bad but he's not great either, thats why he's behind Busquests.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It's ironic that people complain about Song behaving like Zidane, yet at the same time they want a DM that is quality on the ball.

I love this sort of post. Its not our fault you can't figure out who posts what.

Then again you do tend to lose sight of any reason when anyone at your beloved Barca is even questioned.

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
outlaw_member said:
It's ironic that people complain about Song behaving like Zidane, yet at the same time they want a DM that is quality on the ball.

I love this sort of post. Its not our fault you can't figure out who posts what.

Then again you do tend to lose sight of any reason when anyone at your beloved Barca is even questioned.

What the? I was generalising, but this is the impression I have gotten. Nonetheless, you seem to be in the minority when it comes to rating Song.

As for Barcelona... :lol: I really couldn't give a **** about them.

mistaT

Established Member
My biggest issue with Song is his lack of pace, which is why he's looked best when played along someone who can close space effectively (Diaby & Wilshere) and looked his worst when along someone who can't close space effectively (Denilson).

Mascherano is no different, he would look like a muppet shielding our back 4 if we used an inverted triangle and in my opinion wouldn't offer much more than Song when played alongside Wilshere.

P_Gunner

Well I used to say Suarez's name every week but he is gone.

Throughout the summer I said Sanchez's name every week, but he is gone.

I've been saying Vidal a lot recently but he is gone.

When Vidal went to Juve I punted for Melo but he is gone.

So I'll just stick with Banega, Cahill and a good LB with no-one important leaving. Cheap, uninspiring and ignores our obvious need for a striker but its realistic.

I think its criminal that we didn't try to sign either Suarez, Melo or Vidal though. All three left for reasonable prices and would have been an improvement for us.

run

Not making plays for Vidal and Melo was incredibly galling...I don't know what the **** the board/Arsène are doing. And it gets clearer every summer they don't either.

We've all learned to ignore Arsène's public statements, but lately they're making Arsène look like nothing more than an out of touch old man: "we have a massive squad"; hectoring other clubs about how they "should" behave; transfer fees are "dizzing".

He's like some oldtimer *****ing that things aren't how they were in his day. It's really, really sad. But I can't think of another explanation for their borderline dereliction.

It's hard to complete a wishlist, 'cause I actually think Cesc and Nasri SHOULD go...I'm f**king sick of 'em. But I guess this is it:

LB Baines
CB Any one of Cahill/Samba/Vertonghen
CM Someone just good enough to ensure Diaby never plays for us again

If Cesc and Nasri leave

AM Hazard
Plus someone special, a la Benzema or even that Belgian kid(like that'll ever happen)

P_Gunner

Mate, with our without a new CM signing Diaby may never play for us again if his injury record is anything to go by.

Floating

Established Member
LB — Enrique / Baines / Pereira
CB — Samba / Cahill / Vertonghen

If Cesc leaves — Schweinsteiger / De Rossi
If Nasri leaves — Mata

There is light

Sadly, we'd only ever see schweinsteiger or de rossi in an arsenal shirt while we're sleeping.

Wishlist - Pablo Armero, Tomas Rincon (we need to start playing in the inverted pyramid shape), Cahill/Jags. But realistically can only see us signing a CB, CDM absolutely no chance, LB very little chance as wenger wouldn't find the qwalitee that he needs and gibbs will be worth a risk, meh. Cesc/nasri replacements can wait because it doesn't look like these sagas are going to end anytime soon.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
P_Gunner said:
Well I used to say Suarez's name every week but he is gone.

Throughout the summer I said Sanchez's name every week, but he is gone.

I've been saying Vidal a lot recently but he is gone.

When Vidal went to Juve I punted for Melo but he is gone.

So I'll just stick with Banega, Cahill and a good LB with no-one important leaving. Cheap, uninspiring and ignores our obvious need for a striker but its realistic.

I think its criminal that we didn't try to sign either Suarez, Melo or Vidal though. All three left for reasonable prices and would have been an improvement for us.

I agree, Suarez would have been such a quality signing, So would Vidal.

Without naming names I want a defensive leader, our back up right back to stay, an experienced back up for Song and another attacker.

To mention names and curse it I want Samba/Cahill, Eboue to stay, Parker and Mata!

Top Bottom