• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
------------------Szczsney----------------
--Sagna-----Cahill----Vermaelen---Baines--
------------Song/Diaby--MVilla------------
-------------------Wilshere---------------
--Theo-------------RVP----------Gervinho--

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
outlaw_member said:
------------Szczesny
Sagna--Koscielny-Vermaelen--Baines
----------Song---Wilshere
Gervinho--------------------Hazard
---------van Persie
------------------Walcott

Replace Gerviho with an adequate winger and this is exactly what I want to see - it would remain to be seen if Baines crossing would be wasted though.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Always been a fan of putting together a wishlist for our starting 11 and reserve players.

Started doing one yesterday and stopped when i realised just what a terrible state we are in.

We need a centre back, left back, defensive midfielder, left winger and an attacking midfielder just to start.

Then on the bench we need a right back, right winger and an above average striker.

I'm hoping this sorts itself out but just can't see that happening.

qs

Established Member
Floating said:
I totally agree. I think we could take a leaf from Man City's 4-2-3-1 formation and use two defensive-minded box-to-box players like Song and Frimpong behind an attacking front 4.

The thing about Citys formation is there is no room for a Wilshere centrally. They play with De Jong or Barry at DM and Yaya and Milner as box to box players. Then they've only 3 real attackers in the team. Last season it didn't really work all that well because Silva was still settling and they didn't have a player as dynamic as Aguero in attack. They're also looking porous in defence since they started attacking more. Its a far from perfect system and it currently relies heavily on taking your chances. Not sure it would work out all that well for us considering you are talking about using Frimpong instead of Yaya Toure for example and Gervinho instead of Aguero.

ibby

Established Member
Gary Cahill
Yann M'Vila
Marvin Martin
Eden Hazard

My mate is adamant that if we sign them four players, we'll be feared.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Bare minimum need to get 4th imo:
CB
CM
Wide player/AM

Also needed in an ideal world, or a world where the club has ambition:
Striker, preferably versatile to play with RVP.
LB

What a f**king mess. Fuming right now.

Sp**s and Liverpool will finish ahead of us with our current squad I think.

Floating

Established Member
One in each position and we're looking strong again.

CB: Gary Cahill, Mats Hummels, Phil Jagielka
CM: Schweinsteiger, Hamsik, Lucho Gonzalez, Javi Martinez, Montolivo, Parker
AM: Eden Hazard, Mario Gotze, Shinji Kagawa, Marvin Martin

Beeney

Not sure if he's been mentioned here recently but Daniele De Rossi has one year left on his deal at Roma and they've only offered him €80,000 a week. I think we should offer him £90,000 a week and make him want to come here and force Roma to sell him on the cheap to us. Apparently United and City were interested in him but they seem to have done there business. I also think it should now be are official transfer policy to go after players with a year or 2 years left on their contracts and lowball the sh*t out of their clubs.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Cahill, Honda, Vrsaljko/Cissoko/Baines, Hazard.
But it's a bit to late to sign players. We can thank the Lord if we see those wussies sign even one player. And I would be surprised if that 1 player he signs is either 35 year old GK or 17 year old winger.
I have lost all faith in Wenger and board, sack them!

Sottobosco

Marco Reus - got better statistics than Juan Mata + cheaper and 1 year younger.

Reus - 68 Bundesliga games, 20 goals, 15 assists - goal every 3.4 games [Kicker.de].
Mata - 129 Liga games, 33 goals, 30 assists - goal every 3.9 games [Guía Marca].

Even forget the stat, Reus is everything you want in a player. He has pace, sterngth, skill, teamwork, star quality, take responsbility... everything you can name, he has it.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
More money from the sale of Nasri. Spend it!

tactica442 said:
Cahill
Samba

Eden Hazard
Jadson

Bendtner staying (if Wenger can't get a replacement of similar calibre)

above

plus

M'Vila & Kaka :D

stuart

Established Member
Ches
Sagna Cahill/Kos Vermaelen Baines
Song Schweinstager
Hazard Wilshere Gervinho
Van Persie

Subs: Fab. Parker. Djourou. Walcott. Arshavin. Gibbs. Doyle

I've been trying to think of a team that would do well whilst taking into account Wengers afraid to spend money...thats as close to a happy medium as i could come to and i dont even like Doyle!

arsenallegends

Established Member
Doyle 8+ million, Cahill 13+ million, Baines 18+ million, Schweiny 25+ million, Hazard 26+ million, Parker 5+ million is your happy medium?

ConfusedCat2.jpg

Beeney

Vela said:
Hazard
Parker
M'Vila
Marvin Martin/ Mario Gotze
Cahill
Baines
& a Striker

You want Arsène to buy 7 players in 10 days? Be realistic, I would take 2 CB's and 2 CM's and hopefully that would give us strength in depth through the spine of the team which we have lacked in the last few seasons.

fabo

6.51 / 10
We definitely won't be buying 2 CB's.

Bare minimum we need a CB, midfielder and an attacking player(striker/wide player) just to keep us competitive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom