• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ibby

Established Member
Aguero is a much better, more accomplished player than Pato.

Very inconsistent, needs to develop his passing game and can be quite wasteful. Talent might be there but he has done nothing in his career to suggest that he is worth £45 million. Not to mention his injuries.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ibby said:
Aguero is a much better, more accomplished player than Pato.

Very inconsistent, needs to develop his passing game and can be quite wasteful. Talent might be there but he has done nothing in his career to suggest that he is worth £45 million. Not to mention his injuries.

Don't disagree however much is due to injuries holding Pato back and Aguero being the star man at Athletico. About him not justifying a huge fee look no further than Hulk or Neymar who are talked about as 40m plus players.

CandysRoom

Established Member
I've no clue such is the state of transfers in recent times :)

Seems to me, it depends on the club buying. If they've got pot loads of cash, the sellers just demand more. Can anyone remember a couple of years back St Ettienne putting a 30 mill valuation on Blaise Matuidi when we were interested?

Crazy money seems to be needed every time a talented/high profile player is sold.

Bossa

Established Member
Olivier Giroud is a prett awesome striker. Its unbelievable how good Montpellier are doing, currently first in the league.

Anzac

Established Member
If we got Podolski in Jan,
would we be willing to let Walcott go to Juve?
And how about a cheeky bid for Sanchez from Barca in the summer?

Bossa

Established Member
Anzac said:

Impossible, Barca just signed Sanchez for 40m and he looks like a first choice to me and Theo needs to extend he wouldnt suit a side like Juventus, quality wingers like Krasic and Elia are struggling to get a game there.

We already got a player who is very similar to Sanchez and thats Chamberlain. He could become even better than Sanchez imo.

Anzac

Established Member
Bossa said:
Anzac said:

Impossible, Barca just signed Sanchez for 40m and he looks like a first choice to me and Theo needs to extend he wouldnt suit a side like Juventus, quality wingers like Krasic and Elia are struggling to get a game there.

We already got a player who is very similar to Sanchez and thats Chamberlain. He could become even better than Sanchez imo.

I'd heard that Sanchez had been struggling to settle/impress,
and that Juve may want to utilise Theo as a striker rather than on the flanks.

I think I'd rather have Pato.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Juve have too many strikers now as it is.. Quagliarella, Matri, Del Piero (who is in his last year TBF), Vucinic, Iaquinta, Toni, Amauri

dont see Theo wanting to go there anyway.. English player in Serie A? nah..

ArseGod

Theo won't leave for Italy. He's just hitting his stride. He, like RVP will hopefully sign new contracts. I think Walcott is finally coming into his own with the OX giving him competition. Juve don't need THeo and their a step down from us tbf.

As for Sanchez....he just went to Barca this past summer and is catching on. Can't see it. Plus for the money it would probably take there are better players to be had

Pato, sure. If AC want to sell I can see us having a legitimate chance as Real and Barca don't really need him right now. I could see Chelsea getting involved but if they dont have CL next year we could have a real chance

Kain

Established Member
Bossa said:
Chamakh, Arshavin, Squillaci outtttt

This.

Buy some replacements. I've stuck with Arshavin for to long, even when Gooners were getting on his back last year when he was supplying the team with goals and assists even though his general play was below par. He is a complete liability now.

Chamakh, nothing needs to be said, anyone who is happy with this player as second choice striker squad depth needs a reality check.

Squillaci is 15th choice, don't really care about him, Kos has stepped up even DJ can have a good day as a RWB every now and then and fill in for defence, so can Song, Miquel & Bartley. He is just a wage-drain.

fabo

6.51 / 10
GTFO!

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
and permanently get shot of:
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela
plus Yossi's loan will end

Sign 2 quality players.

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
GTFO!

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
and permanently get shot of:
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela
plus Yossi's loan will end

Sign 2 quality players.

Agreed in principle,
except IMO we need more than just 2 quality players
to go with the SUPER quality AW talked of in the summer the DIDN'T arrive.

Anzac

Established Member
My wish is for AW to table an opening bid in excess of 35m for any of:
Hazard, Gotze, Pato, Neymar, Damiao, Cavani.

Top Bottom