• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Ricky_AFC

I would love for us to get Demba Ba.

My semi realistic wishlist:

In: Podolski, Vertonghen, Henry (loan)
Out: Almunia, Squillaci, Chamakh

Flow

- Not just a back-up for RVP, someone who can play as an inside forward in a 4-3-3 and as a striker in a 4-4-2. Also as a replacement for Chamakh
E.g.: Podolski, Pato, etc.

- A winger who can score some goals and gives competition to Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott.
E.g.: Reus, Mertens

- A left-back. Not just a B-player or a loanee. I want someone who's world-class. With a top left back, we have (one of) the best defense in the world.
E.g.: Jordi Alba

MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No chance we're signing another LB other than on a loan until Santos is fit.

mo50

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
mo50 said:
If it wasn't for Demba Ba's knees, he'd be an excellent backup to RvP. This guy can score all sorts of goals.

Doesn't that make him the perfect backup?

He wouldn't pass the medical. He failed Stokes medical, and it was reported that his knees are basically finished and he doesn't have much left in him. Newcastle took a punt on a free transfer and its paid off. Now, I'd imagine it would take around 15m to sign him. Knowing our luck his knees would be ****ed within a month of signing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Funny thing was though, Stoke were going to pay close to 10M for him aswell. Pardew had contacts at West Ham, from his time there, and took a punt which is paying off big time atm.

Flow

THunter said:
Why not wish for Messi then?
Cause it is much more realistic that a coach would find a replacement for a horribly injury-prone player than that the coach would make a bid for the best (settled) player in the world. :? Stupid question. :|

Flow

THunter said:
Thought it was a wish list? :lol:
God damn, you're annoying. :x I think it's realistic that we could sign a new LB. You're just ridiculous in saying wishing Messi is in the same league.

Interesting topic it would be if all the posts would be like:

Neuer
Lahm - Kompany - T.Silva - Marcelo
Xabi Alonso
Iniesta - Götze
Ronaldo - Messi - Hazard

Yeah, that would be great. :roll:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Christ, you really need to chill. That time of the month of something? :lol:

Oh and it'd actually be

Neuer
Alves - Vidic - T.Silva - Marcelo
Xavi
Iniesta - Cesc
Ronaldo - RvP - Messi

for me. :wink:

Flow

THunter said:
Christ, you really need to chill. That time of the month of something? :lol:

Oh and it'd actually be

Neuer
Alves - Vidic - T.Silva - Marcelo
Xavi
Iniesta - Cesc
Ronaldo - RvP - Messi

for me. :wink:
Just don't **** me around like that and I'm a nice chap. :wink:

mo50

Established Member
GDeep said:
Funny thing was though, Stoke were going to pay close to 10M for him aswell. Pardew had contacts at West Ham, from his time there, and took a punt which is paying off big time atm.

He's been the signing of the summer. He's already bagged 14 goals, and for £0, it was a brilliant coup. Its all the more sweeter for Newcastle considering he's replaced a 35m striker.

mo50

Established Member
I also miss having a quick, strong CF who can score goals. Wenger has always had one during his era, and since the departure of Adebayor we've been lacking someone with those characteristics. Chamakh looked to have fit the bill for half a season.

I hope Wenger rectifies this issue in the summer. Right now, we need firepower. We need a goalscorer, someone who will eat up all these chances we're creating. I'm actually surprised at how well we're creating chances after the departure of Fabregas, because during the Spaniards time here it seemed he was the only one who would create chances.

One player I'd love to see is Hulk. He's out of our price range but the 40m it would cost to bring him would take us up a few levels. He's an absolute beast and has the power, skill and pace to be a massive success in England.

Glovegun

Established Member
We needed a striker anyway, AND Thierry to replace Gervinho during the ACN. It's an absolute must, because at the minute I'm getting a distinct whiff of previous seasons. A fragile squad in need of reinforcements makes it through January without any injuries, we don't sign anyone, and once Feb hits we lose key players in the area of the squad in which we're weakest.

We're five points behind Sp**s having played a game more. And if Robin gets injured we are in serious trouble, serious trouble.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom