• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

kalleTheMan

Established Member
pipe dream but this guy got such pure tekkers

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWmqQOaoRw&feature=g-u-u&context=G265880aFUAAAAAAADAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWmqQOa ... AAAAAAADAA</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VancouverCanuck

kalleTheMan said:
pipe dream but this guy got such pure tekkers

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWmqQOaoRw&feature=g-u-u&context=G265880aFUAAAAAAADAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWmqQOa ... AAAAAAADAA</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gotze sure looks impressive. Rumors are we did put in a bid for him last summer but it was turned down. I doubt he will leave Dortmund any time soon, unfortunately for us. But good for Dortmund I guess.

outlaw_member

Established Member
-----------Tevez---van Persie
----------------Kaka
-----Wilshere----------Arteta
---------------M'Vila
Baines--Vermaelen--Koscielny--Lahm
--------------Szczesny

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Irish_Owen said:
AFC-Phil said:
Quite simply, Arshavin's short passing is miles away from being anywhere near good enough to play in a link role as a SS.

His pass success percentage for this season in the CL (3 starts and 1 sub appearance) is 69.2%. It's shocking, and certainly wouldn't magically improve when he moves in a bit towards the centre.
To be honest, I think it's hilarious that people think that a player playing that poorly out wide will suddenly become a much better player by playing in a more demanding position...

outrageous concept is the playing a player in his natural position will improve his performance :?

Irish_Owen

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Irish_Owen said:
To be honest, I think it's hilarious that people think that a player playing that poorly out wide will suddenly become a much better player by playing in a more demanding position...
outrageous concept is the playing a player in his natural position will improve his performance :?
His natural position, which is a more difficult one than the one he's currently playing in, and where his failings would only be exaggerated further...

And also, I've seen Arshavin play in his "natural position" a lot, as Russia where in our qualifying group, and shockingly the same problems with his game still exist when he plays centrally.

truth_hurts

Irish_Owen said:
truth_hurts said:
Irish_Owen said:
His natural position, which is a more difficult one than the one he's currently playing in, and where his failings would only be exaggerated further...

And also, I've seen Arshavin play in his "natural position" a lot, as Russia where in our qualifying group, and shockingly the same problems with his game still exist when he plays centrally.

Fair enough as I haven't. I saw him against Bolton in the CC this season and Villa last season as a CF and have arguable his best 2 games since Anfield. Disagree that CF is a harder role than wide forward if played correctly. Does VDV work harder than Lennon or Bale at Sp**s?

Irish_Owen

Established Member
For an attacking midfielder, which Arshavin is, not a winger, then playing centrally is more demanding than playing out wide. It requires the player to be much more influential and a player like Arshavin, who's been so wasteful and loose in possession recently, looks even poorer.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I thought Arshavin was atrocious against Bolton in a central position, despite his goal and assist. I suppose that is still better than him being atrocious and offering nothing productively.

truth_hurts

Irish_Owen said:
For an attacking midfielder, which Arshavin is, not a winger, then playing centrally is more demanding than playing out wide. It requires the player to be much more influential and a player like Arshavin, who's been so wasteful and loose in possession recently, looks even poorer.

Running at players from a central position is so much different to playing a wide role, running up and down and cutting in. Enough of this anyway as Wenger won't play Arshavin wide.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
truth_hurts said:
Running at players from a central position is so much different to playing a wide role, running up and down and cutting in. Enough of this anyway as Wenger won't play Arshavin wide.

I wish that was the case :lol:

Shava can be productive from a central position, but whether it benefits the team as a whole is another matter.

truth_hurts

DJ_Markstar said:
truth_hurts said:

I wish that was the case :lol:

Shava can be productive from a central position, but whether it benefits the team as a whole is another matter.

True. I just want to go back to an Arsenal team who opponents fear. Having a threat from the midfield would go some way towards that. Impossible but Man U would be more worried about facing.

------------Ramsey--------Song-----------------
--Ox-------------------------------------Theo--
--------------------Arshavin-------------------
-----------------------RVP---------------------

then what I think we will see:

-----------Song----------------Ramsey-----------
--Theo--------------Bennayoun---------Rosicky--
--------------------------RVP----------------

phaedrus

outlaw_member said:
I personally don't believe that Wilshere should be a definite starter at this stage of his career. The kid is only 20 years old, and if there's one thing we should have learnt from Fabregas's tenure, is that it is unwise to place so much pressure on a young individual occupying a key central position. To date, he has only had one full season under his belt, and has broken down in his second season due to being over-played. We need to take it easy with him, so to reap the benefits of a long lasting career, otherwise we will run him into the ground and he'll end up a crock.

M'vila is only 21 and far less proven than Wilshere.

eye4goal

Established Member
AM: Kagawa/Muniain.............£20m
CM: A Maher/Strootman........£10m
FW: Jovetic/L Moura..............£20m

Sell the dead-wood for £25-30m

outlaw_member

Established Member
phaedrus said:
outlaw_member said:
I personally don't believe that Wilshere should be a definite starter at this stage of his career. The kid is only 20 years old, and if there's one thing we should have learnt from Fabregas's tenure, is that it is unwise to place so much pressure on a young individual occupying a key central position. To date, he has only had one full season under his belt, and has broken down in his second season due to being over-played. We need to take it easy with him, so to reap the benefits of a long lasting career, otherwise we will run him into the ground and he'll end up a crock.

M'vila is only 21 and far less proven than Wilshere.

M'Vila plays in a less demanding position, and would have less pressure on his shoulders. Plus, his game is more about intelligence and positioning, whilst covering less ground on top of that. Wilshere is a box-to-box midfielder who runs his legs off, and is being expected to carry the team once he returns. God forbid what will happen once van Persie leaves, and Wilshere becomes our golden boy/man.

Floating

Established Member
Gaitan is 23.
Muniain is 19.
Maher is 18.
Strootman is 21.
Moura is 19.

These are FM players, and most of them are 21 or under. I would strongly prefer we don't sign kids at the moment.

More signings like Arteta and Mertesacker are needed.

Top Bottom