• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

ebouenolike

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
I've only seen youtube vids but can i make a really lazy comparison and suggest that Matias is a bit like his namesake Luiz in playing style? Without the racism and general ****yness obviously.

I think the same, tricky forward who perhaps misses a couple more than he should.

Flow

Matias Suarez isn't capable of playing lone striker. He's suits perfect the inside forward role though. He was terrifying dangerous in Anderlecht VS AZ when he cutted inside from the flank. He's also cheap (he wants to leave in the summer).

And if RVP leaves, I want ALL of that money invested in Cavani.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
+1 for Giroud. The team need a target man who can score and with reasonable skills to transit the ball.

I would like the team to get Borussia Mönchengladbach's Reus (intelligent attacker)and Herrmann (a bit like Freddie). They would suit Arsenal's attacking pattern.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Rosicky's fantastic performance today shows how much we need a dynamic attacking mid who can perform regularly. This should be our priority signing,.

Floating

Established Member
tactica442 said:
I would like the team to get Borussia Mönchengladbach's Reus (intelligent attacker)and Herrmann (a bit like Freddie). They would suit Arsenal's attacking pattern.

Reus is going to Dortmund.

Bossa

Established Member
Muniain, this kid can be placed in the category of extreme talents together with players like Gotze and Hazard.

hesham

Established Member
big talent but i have had enough of spanish players crying like babies that they want to go home after a couple of years of being here.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Makes no sense. That is on a par with saying "RvP and Bergkamp are world class, therefore all dutch players are world class"

hesham

Established Member
ok, well it is more got to do with the fact that Spain & England are the top two leagues in the world so there is a much higher chance that spanish players would want to go back and play in their country (especially with the Real/Barca effect)when at their peak than say Dutch players.

Glovegun

Established Member
Giroud would be a good signing. We're desperate for someone who can play when Robin isn't fit. At the minute we've got no-one.

Anzac

Established Member
Vela said:
Isn't Matias Suarez allowed to go in the summer for around 10 Million? Good replacement for Chamakh/Park.

Alan Dzagoev contract runs out in the summer and will be a free I think.

How good is Dzagoev???
I know we were linked during the summer & AA wanted us to get him.
I have a feeling that we're more likely to get the likes of him / Martin / Gourcuff,
rather than the likes of Hazard / Goetze.
The only way I see us getting either of those 2 is if we already had a deal agreed to last summer / Jan for them to join at the end of the season - similar to the 'talk' re Suarez.

Is Suarez the 'new' version of last summer's Argentine WF Sanchez(???).
If so then I'd be happy if he can be our David Villa type.
with Gervinho/Walcott rotating depending on the location & opposition.

Anzac

Established Member
Floating said:
By "Sanchez" do you mean Ricky Alvarez?

Lol - yes you are right.
And I've also noticed that I've got them around the other way in the Anti - Wish List Thread & I've named Suarez - Alvarez = d'oh.

Arsenal in Aus

Our expected squad for next season (ignoring Almunia, Squid etc altogether and with irrelevant players in brackets) seems to be this:

----------------------RvP--------------------
-------------------(Chamakh)-----------------
---------------------(Park)------------------

Gervinho-------------------------------Walcott
Miyaichi---------------------------Chamberlain

--------------------Rosicky-------------------
---------------------Ramsey-------------------
---------------------(Diaby)------------------

---------Arteta---------------------Song--------
---------Wilshere-----------------Coquelin----
----------------------------------Frimpong----

Gibbs-------Vermaelen----Koscielny-------Sagna
Santos------Djourou--Mertesacker-----Jenkinson
--------------Miquel----Bartley-----------------

------------------Szczesney-------------------
------------------Fabianski-------------------
-------------------Mannone--------------------

We have some unknowns for next season in Campbell, Vela, Lansbury, and even Bendtner.

The weaknesses seem clear - we have no backup at CF, we have inexperience and inconsistency on the wings, and we have a lack of quality/experience/reliability at AM. In my view, we need two or three proper signings:
1) A proper forward who can play at CF, and if only two signing are to be made, one who can also play on the wing (Podolski?).
2) A quality AM-playmaker (several options have been mentioned).
3) Potentially a proven winger depending on who is brought in as the CF. I happen to think an additional winger is unlikely, and probably unnecessary.

IMO we have enough ability and depth in all the other positions (at least to the point where there aren't huge weaknesses elsewhere). Who would have thought for example that we'd end up with with 3 quality CBs as well as decent backup options? We also have obvious candidates to sell who will open up squad places. Maybe, just maybe, Wenger might make two proper signings and the squad could actually compete!

kalleTheMan

Established Member
We should be in for Kagawa, back to his best lately. Dortmund 7 points ahead of Bayern and Götze is not even playing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Podolski, Kaka and a LB who means Gibbs can go on loan.

We are so Robin Reliant (sic) it ridiculous, we can't keep that ball for **** and Gibbs is terrible. These 3 signings or 3 players of similar stature would make us a different prospect.

The likes of Almunia, Squillaci, Arshavin, Chamakh, Bendtner and Vela are gone with RVP, Theo, Sagna and Song resigning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom