• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Vela

Established Member
Squillaci's contract runs out in the summer of 2013. A couple of the newspapers are saying he can leave in a free in the summer though.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For some reason I thought it ran out this Summer too but just checked Arse.com and found this
Arsenal Football Club today made its third signing of the summer, as French international defender, Sebastien Squillaci joins the north London club from Sevilla, on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

I doubt 2 years counts as 'long-term'.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/squillaci-signs-for-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... or-arsenal</a>

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I thought Squillaci's deal was 4 years on arrival, which means he's here till 2014. Remember a few saying that it is odd that Wenger had gone against his over 30 rule (the rule that I am yet to see evidence of...)

No quotes to back it up, though.

Anzac

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
I thought Squillaci's deal was 4 years on arrival, which means he's here till 2014. Remember a few saying that it is odd that Wenger had gone against his over 30 rule (the rule that I am yet to see evidence of...)

No quotes to back it up, though.

The 'rule' is in regards to offering players over 30 only 1 year extensions, NOT in regards to initial contracts OR as applies to defenders.

IIRC DB10 was happy to remain at the club & accept a year by year deal,
whereas Pires wanted a 2 year deal & so left.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Fair enough, I'm only going off my (shoddy) memory. 2013 is still a year too long, but who was to know at the time?

eye4goal

Established Member
Pretty sure Squillaci signed a 3 year deal so its 2013. I've also read that Mertesacker and Santos joined on 3 year contracts

Glovegun

Established Member
Bit of a random name, but one that I've liked for a while, that we've been linked with in the past and could be available on the cheap this summer - Victor Moses.

qs

Established Member
Moses is too raw and not suited to playing alone up top at this level. On the wing we're already stacked with better players. Decent player but not really what we need at the moment.

mistaT

Established Member
Ship Arshavin sign Podolski
Ship Chamakh sign Fletcher (Wolves)
Ship Diaby sign Nzonzi (Blackburn)

Each player is from a team likely to be relegated or stuck at the bottom of a table, and each could provide a serious boost without demanding too many minutes from our Starting XI.

Miyachi and Afobe on loan through the first half of the season, and recall Lansbury to compete with Ramsey for minutes.

Anzac

Established Member
mistaT said:

Each player is from a team likely to be relegated or stuck at the bottom of a table, and each could provide a serious boost without demanding too many minutes from our Starting XI.

Miyachi and Afobe on loan through the first half of the season, and recall Lansbury to compete with Ramsey for minutes.

I don't see a top class signing other than Podolski & I don't think that he will be enough on his own to take us to the next level.
I still want to see a game breaker with the 'x' factor from midfield/behind RVP.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Anzac said:
mistaT said:

I don't see a top class signing other than Podolski & I don't think that he will be enough on his own to take us to the next level.
I still want to see a game breaker with the 'x' factor from midfield/behind RVP.

Fabregas?

Floating

Established Member
Podolski, Kagawa and M'Vila/Vertonghen would be delightful.

Even 2 of those and a mystery 3rd would be great.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sorenson
M'Villa
Podolski
Robben

IN

Almunia
Fabianski
Squillaci
Djourou
Denilson
Vela
Chamakh
Bendtner
Ramsey (loan)
Frimpong (loan)
Arshavin

Out

Net spend of around 20m

Sottobosco

If there is some room in the squad, then I would take 'Chucho' Benítez no doubt.

He's lethal in the Mexican Clausura - 50% of his team's goals - thats RVP level dependency. And reliable at International level too.

Would compare him to Demba Ba but with more excitement. Look this.

Says Benítez, he has some proposals from France and Spain but one from England too. Well of course. It would be criminal for him NOT to have offers.

He could be picked up for easy around 7-10 million euros and would be a good fit for either 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice striker.

Don't know what happened at Birmingham City - one for the English guys on here to explain - but to me he has real quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom