• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
............Sneezy............
......Vertonghen...TV......
Sagna..................Santos
............M'Vila...........
.....Gerv - Arteta - Hazard.....

...........RVP....................
...............Podolski.........

...........XXXXX..............
........Mert......Kos........
Jenkinson................Gibbs
............Song.............
...Ox/Ryo - Wilshere - Rosicky.....

...........XXXXX.................
...............Walcott........

Alternative for tough Away games - 4213:

Back5
.........Song......M'Vila........
.........Arteta/Wilshere.........
Hazard/Gerv.........Podolski/Walcott
..............RVP/Podolski.............

Alternative for Home - 442 diamond (against teams that pose a threat on the counter)/433:

Back5
.............M'Vila/Arteta/Song............
Gervinho/Ox.....................Hazard/Miyaichi
.............RVP/Wilshere/Hazard............
......Walcott/RVP......Podolski/Walcott........

When chasing a result push the DM into midfield & the wingers to WF = 4132/4123.

KY

Established Member
He's a workaholic, he's a brute and he's a pretty good goalscorer. I think he would fit into the english game quite well. Plus he'll probably be a more decent backup than anyone we have.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I rate Olic, he's always been decent since he's moved to Hamburg a couple of seasons ago.
Think he'd do well here, only worry for me is his recent injury record.

The Escaped Ape

The problem with Kagawa is that we've not been credibly linked to him, but Manure have. Can't see it happening. If he wants to leave and Dortmund let him go, he'll go north.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Priorities:
* Wide forward who can score a decent number (15 I'm thinking).
* Back-up centre-forward (Park and Chamakh are garbage)
* Midfielder (not bothered whether it's an AM or DM, would slightly prefer an AM).

Other areas:
* LB (Santos did some positive things but I'm not sold on him yet)
* CB (if a CB is available then go for it, Vermaelen and Mertesacker have made plenty of errors).
* Back-up GK.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In: Sorenson, M'Vila, Podolski, Robben/Ribery 45m 400k pw wages
Out: Almunia, Fabianski, Squillaci, Denilson, Lansbury, Vela, bendtner, Chamakh, Arshavin 35m 360k pw wages

---------------Ches-----------------
--Sagna--Koscielny---TV----Santos--
-------Song--M'Villa--Arteta-------
--Robben------RVP----------Oxlade---

Reserves:

---------------Sorenson--------------
--Jenk--Mertesacker--JD------Gibbs---
------Diaby--Coquellin--Wilshere-----
--Gervinho-----Theo-------Podolski---

I could definitely like with those teams with Frimpong, Ramsey and Ryo on loan. We arguably need a back up full back then again with Coquellin arguably we don't!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
truth_hurts said:
Out: Almunia, Fabianski, Squillaci, Denilson, Lansbury, Vela, bendtner, Chamakh, Arshavin 35m 360k pw wages

Reserves:

------Diaby--Coquelin--Wilshere-----

I could definitely like with those teams with Frimpong, Ramsey and Ryo on loan. We arguably need a back up full back then again with Coquellin arguably we don't!

Can't see The Ox benching Podolski, while Wilshere will be in the first XI when fit imo.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
DJ_Markstar said:
truth_hurts said:

Reserves:

------Diaby--Coquelin--Wilshere-----

Can't see The Ox benching Podolski, while Wilshere will be in the first XI when fit imo.

With Robben I could stomach Ox on the bench and I really think Jack will be used in a rotation next year.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wilshere is a certain starter, there's no doubt about it.

Ox isn't yet, he's still establishing himself in that regard - should be able to do it over the course of next season I think but Wenger has been cautious with him to say the least, maybe Jack's injury troubles have played a part in that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
---------------------van Persie/Huntelaar
Podolski/Ox------------------------------------------Gervinho/Walcott
--------------------------Kagawa/Rosicky
---------------Wilshere/Arteta---
--------------------------------------M'Vila/Song
Santos/Gibbs-Vermaelen/Vertonghen-Koscielny/Mertesacker-Sagna/Debuchy
---------------------------Szczesny/Schwarzer

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Nice squad Outie. Only change would be Hazard or Götze for Kagawa and that could challenge for honours.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Even though, Hazard or Goetze would be ideal as AM's in our side, I think it is imperative that any new AM displays great tenacity and complements our pressing game. The large majority of AM's can lack energy and defensive desire, and that can serve to dissect the midfield into two bands, given their propensity to drift away (positionally) from the duo behind. However, an AM who buzzes around the pitch strengthen us in the middle of the park, in regards to our ability to press opponents. I mean, how often do we see Rosicky consistently track back to clean up and complete a successful press, after his teammates have closed off the opponent ball carrier?

This is something you lose when you employ a very offensive AM, who presses or runs too high up the pitch, thus preventing him from forming a part of a pressing pack. This is why Kagawa attracts me so much, despite the fact that he doesn't possess as much potential as Hazard and Goetze. We may lose some extra individual quality by opting for him above Hazard and Goetze, but I think we will benefit greatly as a team, given how conducive he would be to our pressing game. No matter how great a contribution Cesc offered us, there was a reason why we never pressed as greatly with him in the middle of the park. We miss his individual contribution no doubt, but if we can acquire a player who offers sufficiently as an individual, but is still defensively strong enough to improve our pressing capabilities, then we'd all go home laughing.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Kagawa isn't far off Götze and Hazard in terms of talent, especially not in the CAM role. In fact he's preferred over Götze in that position.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I think you are right in some respects, Outie, but for me it is all about balance. I reckon Götze or Hazard could do a similar, disciplined point AM role with enough games, but would also offer more on the offensive side of things.

All speculation of course, we'll never really know the answer.

kalleTheMan said:
Kagawa isn't far off Götze and Hazard in terms of talent, especially not in the CAM role. In fact he's preferred over Götze in that position.

Remember he is 4 years older, that is a MASSIVE difference in football terms.

Lazaq

ebouenolike said:
Podolski, M'Vila, Giroud and Sorensen.
That's what I'd like to see too. We can then get rid of: Chamakh, Park, Arshavin, Squillaci, Almunia, Vela, Bendtner, Lansbury and probably a few others as well. Is Wenger ruthless enough?

kalleTheMan

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
kalleTheMan said:

I'd say 3 years difference. Wouldn't hold age against Kagawa either, at this point in time he's a pefect age, still young but got his development years behind him. With Ox and Ryo waiting in the wings I'd go for a developed player rather then more kids.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

kalleTheMan said:
DJ_Markstar said:
kalleTheMan said:

I'd say 3 years difference.

Fair enough, It is closer to three - apologies.

Wouldn't hold age against Kagawa either, at this point in time he's a pefect age, still young but got his development years behind him. With Ox and Ryo waiting in the wings I'd go for a developed player rather then more kids.

Not if the kid is already of a similar level to the "developed" player, Götze will be a better player for sure, and will be roughly as good in the meantime. No brainer for me, even though Kagawa would be a nice addition in his own right.

The idea that being developed is somehow better is baffling - it is all about current level for me. Of course an older player tends to show better consistency, but I think in this case they'd both be fairly consistent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom