• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

evoh_1

Established Member
Kagawa or jovetic we need to prioritise the attacking mid postion for next season sand require someone who can defo do a job for us.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
fabo said:
What happened to the people advocating 20-30m bids for Kaka a few months ago?........:lol:

Guy never loses his talent, still has some good days, but he's worth no more than 10m at this stage. His body is failing him and the only way is down imo.
Actually, I would still take Kaka for 15-20m, if we ain't getting any of Sigurdsson, Gotze, Kagawa, Eriksen, Kroos, Jovetic, Hazard... :wink:

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Escaped Ape said:
Kagawa23 said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1160452-transfer-rumors-10-sizzling-deals-that-would-change-next-seasons-champs-league/page/3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kagawa, M'Vila and Podolski coming to Arsenal this summer would make me incredibly happy. Not that Bleacher Report has any more credibility than anyone posting here though...

the Bleacher Report almost certainly IS someone posting on here. Where better to get fabricated stories from than the broken dreams of fellow posters?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
fabo said:
What happened to the people advocating 20-30m bids for Kaka a few months ago?........:lol:

Guy never loses his talent, still has some good days, but he's worth no more than 10m at this stage. His body is failing him and the only way is down imo.

Would love him here but surely Milan would bring him back if he became available.

mo50

Established Member
Kaka played just like Ramsey at his worst last night. It's funny considering he was WPOTY not too long ago. No way would I pay anything over 10m for him. I would like him on loan (with Madrid subsidizing his wages) with an option to buy. I highly doubt he'd do well in England though.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
mo50 said:
Kaka played just like Ramsey at his worst last night. It's funny considering he was WPOTY not too long ago. No way would I pay anything over 10m for him. I would like him on loan (with Madrid subsidizing his wages) with an option to buy. I highly doubt he'd do well in England though.
So no heart-attack this time? Just a mild palpitation? Not that I want to revisit that thread particularly much. :wink:

mo50

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
So no heart-attack this time? Just a mild palpitation? Not that I want to revisit that thread particularly much. :wink:

:lol: You have a very sharp memory. If I had known how poor he's been my hear would've been just fine.

Vela

Established Member
Vidal and Pirlo both are, they've formed a good partnership for Juventus this season. We were linked with Vidal last summer.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Its a combination of things really. Conte is doing a brilliant job, Pirlo has been awesome, Vidal is top class and the defence have been rock solid.

While i'm here - M'Vila and Podolski. Kagawa would be a brilliant signing - sell Gervinho if we need the funds. We'd only really need a back up striker then and i wouldn't be overly fussed if we got that 3. Podolski could be immediate back up and keep Chamakh or Park if there isn't money for a new signing. I'd recommend keeping Bendtner instead but he probably wants to leave and if his contract is up in 2013 we need to sell this summer.

Vela

Established Member
Dortmund have said today Kagawa won't sign a new deal, so I guess he is definitely leaving them. Man Utd have been linked with him recently. AW has spoke about Shinji Kagawa before. But I can see him going for someone like Younès Belhanda instead IMO.

A defensive midfielder someone like M'Vila, I would love Arsenal to sign Javi Martinez but I can't see that happening. If we sign an attacking midfielder I think it will be someone who is capable of playing outwide as well. As I would expect it to be a versatile player more than just a number ten.

Another striker someone like Demba Ba or Giroud. A back up experienced goalkeeper as well.

So a defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, striker and back up GK. Then it depends who else leaves in the summer.

jerome2158

Established Member
just read an interesting article...

I will warn you, there is no rumor nor any evidence that any of this is true/could/would/will ever happen, but for the sake of discussion...

Would you replace RVP with benzema if he left?

I personally would. He's much younger, he's coming up, hasn't had too much trouble in the way of injuries, like all french players, he'd probably love to play for Arsène, and he's got a lot of experience. He's also a big guy so i don't imagine he'd get knocked around too easily by anyone on a "cold night away at stoke" Plus we've had luck in recent history with young, French strikers.

Just an interesting thought though. Take it however you wish.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
jerome2158 said:
just read an interesting article...

I will warn you, there is no rumor nor any evidence that any of this is true/could/would/will ever happen, but for the sake of discussion...

Would you replace RVP with benzema if he left?

I personally would. He's much younger, he's coming up, hasn't had too much trouble in the way of injuries, like all french players, he'd probably love to play for Arsène, and he's got a lot of experience. He's also a big guy so i don't imagine he'd get knocked around too easily by anyone on a "cold night away at stoke" Plus we've had luck in recent history with young, French strikers.

Just an interesting thought though. Take it however you wish.

From a purely football and financial sense 20m plus Benzema for Robin would be a good deal but I actually WOULDN'T do the deal as Robin is our captain and a gooner.

Only if robin wanted to move (unlikely) would it be worth thinking aboutg.

mo50

Established Member
I'd bite your hands off if Benzema was the man to replace RvP if Robin doesn't extend.

Benzema has been excellent for Madrid recently. He looks so much better than when he first signed for them. I was hoping we'd be able to get him last summer but that didn't materialize. He'd thrive in the PL IMO.

Hopefully Wenger is interested in Kagawa. He's the type of player we need and his price will be reasonable.

jerome2158

Established Member
I wouldn't do the deal provided RVP wants to stay, of course. But if he chooses to leave, then this is the man we should be going after.

My greatest fear is hearing "robin has left, but uhhhhh we have zome fantastic talent on ze team already, and i think chamakh will be like a new signing"

Vela

Established Member
Can't see Benzema leaving Real Madrid in the summer, I think it will be Gonzalo Higuaín IMO who leaves them.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Barca got loads of wide-players, they will need to offload some of them. I'd happily take Affelay or Pedro, maybe Cuenca as well.

Glovegun

Established Member
kalleTheMan said:
Barca got loads of wide-players, they will need to offload some of them. I'd happily take Affelay or Pedro, maybe Cuenca as well.

Pedro is class. Reminds me of Freddie with the timing of his runs. Great player.

No chance of Benzema, he's playing well for Real these days.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If Robin doesn't sign, we should offer Real a deal, Higuain + £10M for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom