• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

wishful_llama

Dokaka said:
Hoilett
N'Zonzi
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Martin Olsson(!!!!)

Those are a few player's I'd like, some of them are probably above our level though, mainly Hoilett.

MGP would be perfect for a BFS system, Olsson is ******* brilliant imo and N'Zonzi is a good player in a position we sorely lack a player.

:lol:

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
wishful_llama said:
Dokaka said:
Hoilett
N'Zonzi
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Martin Olsson(!!!!)

Those are a few player's I'd like, some of them are probably above our level though, mainly Hoilett.

MGP would be perfect for a BFS system, Olsson is ******* brilliant imo and N'Zonzi is a good player in a position we sorely lack a player.

:lol:

I'm sensing several possibilities for the lols here:

1. The players are so **** you laugh at our obvious ambition of dominance.

2. The players are above our level and you laugh off our probability of signing them.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
redwhiteAustrian said:
Or he does laugh because he doesn't know that you support West Ham?

No idea why I didn't think about that.

Forever blowing bubbles.

wtrbi1.gif

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:
Hoilett
N'Zonzi
Morten Gamst Pedersen
Martin Olsson(!!!!)

You seriously want Gamst Pedersen? He's awful and I'm sure you can do a lot better. The first two would be great signings for you guys though!

qs

Established Member
MGP must have the least ambition of any player in football. Remember the summer United were after him. Yet he's stayed at Blackburn all this time. I think a move could reinvigorate him and WHUs playing style could suit him too.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Blackburn were looking for 16m for him many a year ago, after he had a decent season. Didn't get much better for him after that.

Olly Murs looked handy last night.........:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Adam Johnson is considering his future...

I'd love it if we could make room for him. I mean, I wish we could.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
fabo said:
Blackburn were looking for 16m for him many a year ago, after he had a decent season. Didn't get much better for him after that.

Olly Murs looked handy last night.........:lol:

Aston Merrygold was sh!t off a shovel! a bit like Theo with an even worse case of tunnel vision. I don't think we could afford Serge Pizzorno :(

fabo

6.51 / 10
The Jury said:
Aston Merrygold was sh!t off a shovel! a bit like Theo with an even worse case of tunnel vision. I don't think we could afford Serge Pizzorno :(

Yeah funny how Dermot O'Leary and co in the studio were wanking over the JLS lads, they were in good shape and fast but braindead as ****. Gerard Butler was woeful aswell.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Soccer Aid was awesome! Some decent celebrities tbf - that Wilkes fella can play, John Bishop was alright, Serge scored a beauty. Gordon Ramsey is alright at LB too considering he's old enough.

Anyway presuming Kagawa is off to United, i'm going to put Dempsey to the top of my attacking wishlist. A realistic target who i think would do the business for us. Added bonus is that the likes of United or City shouldn't rob him on us.

Vela

Established Member
The only thing about Dempsey does he have the passing/creativity ability we our missing? I know he will score goals from midfield. But Wilshere should return next season and could be the player to add the passing/creativity we've missed this season.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Robbie Williams looks old as **** nowadays btw, put on alot of weight. Wilkes is a decent player yeah.

As for Dempsey, good player. Wonder if he's better suited to our front 3 rather than the AM role, depends on the two mids behind perhaps.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Vela said:
The only thing about Dempsey does he have the passing/creativity ability we our missing? I know he will score goals from midfield. But Wilshere should return next season and could be the player to add the passing/creativity we've missed this season.

Put Wilshere deep next to Song/Whoever you bring in and focus on getting the ball down the wing and have Podolski and Walcott smash in low crosses to the one not crossing, Dempsey, RVP and have Wilshere arrive late into the box.

Man Utd tactics right there. Could work.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
He's a decent passer but nothing special. Rosicky is probably more creative but Dempsey is obviously a much bigger goal threat and a better player all round. Hopefully Jack coming back and Ramsey improving (he has to, surely) will see us create more than this season.

@ fabo - thats one of the reasons why i like him so much. He could be just as effective in a wide role and i honestly think he'd be a decent option up front too if it was needed.

Add M'Vila and Dempsey to Podolski while getting Robin to sign a new deal and we'll be in good shape next season imo. We were a worse team in 09 - all we did was buy Vermaelen and sell Ade and Toure yet we challenged for the title the following 2 seasons. If we buy reasonably well this summer i don't see any reason we can't build another title contending side.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I still like we need an exciting game changer in our attack; somebody who will run, turn, dribble and shoot. Ox is about the closest we have to this.

Also with Hazard and marin arriving with ramires and Mata already able to play wide along with DeBruyne I wonder if Sturridge will become available? he's an Arsenal fan, probably wouldn't cost the earth and has great potential only worry would be could we promise him starts with RVP, Theo and Podolsi here? he's be an excellent wide option and back up to RVP upfront though.

ArseGod

@armor...I dont think we're anywhere near a title contending side and it has nothing to do with how we do in the market. I think that the way our rivals are buying true class or plan on it, we are being edged out. Even if we buy Mvila, Giroud, Podolski. Would that be enough? I don't think so. There is a post above here saying we should buy sturridge and that it would be a good buy. How many times have we been linked to Kalou? We can't seriously call ourselves a contending side if we put together our team through whatever the big clubs dont price us out of. They spend and win. Even if we buy reasonably well, that's still a whole not beneath our title rivals. It's sad but horribly true.

McIntyre

Established Member
Just playing devil's advocate here, he's not on my wish list so to speak, but I just read an article about Robert Green moving to QPR.

He's out of contract this summer and if Fabianski and Mannone are off we'll be looking for a number two in goal.

He's asking for wages at WestHam/QPR lower than we were paying Almunia and probably not much higher than we're paying Fabianski.

I know he's prone to the odd high profile howler, but over the years I've seen him play he's always seemed like a pretty solid keeper.

If we're going to bring in a new keeper then one with a bit of experience to cover/compete with Szczesny would be best.

Are there any other experienced keepers around on the cheap to replace Fabianski?

Like I say, I'm playing devil's advocate, just looking for opinions. Might he be worth a punt?

musicmonkey

Established Member
Green would be a good move, personally though i'm not too fussed who we take on as second choice as long as they're decent. At the end of the day there's only one club with a good second choice keeper and that's United. We're simply not going to get the ideal, experienced, quality 2nd keeper that many here want.

Top Bottom