• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
A guy who i'd kind of forgotten about but have mentioned a few times - Keisuke Honda. I'm impressed anytime i see him and he's also ridiculously versatile. Reckon he will be a bargain for someone this summer and he seems to be going under the radar of the big guns.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honda can 'see things ' on the pitch that most players can't . He would definitely enhance our midfield only question mark would be the physicality of the league .

Would love Affelay .Surprised though that Ben Arfa has not been linked with a move away from Newcastle , would love him here.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
McIntyre said:
Floating said:
He was arguably destined for the number 1 role, but Szczesny beat him to it. £40-50k a week is very reasonable for a first choice keeper.

Exactly. I'm just going off what I'm finding online. Fabianski signed in 2007 but supposedly his contract was extended in 2009 and he got bumped up to around £45k, presumably because he was being groomed to take over Almunia's No.1 spot.

But he blew it, Szczesny stepped in, and he's still draining the pot on the wages of a no.1 keeper.
Not by his fault actually. He was utterly brilliant for us till he got injured. After that Almunia stepped back in and was **** and got mysterious injury so Szczesny came in and never looked back.

LOL @ People saying Afellay a decent bench option. He is better than Theo and will start every match if he joins.

Flow

iced22 said:
Didn't Affelay blow up his ACL earlier this season? For a player like him who uses his pace and quickness a fair bit I do have to wonder how much an injury like that will affect his game, especially in the Premier League.
I think it's more a playmaker type. He has a good dribble and some vision. Nothing Fabregas like but very decent as an AMC and also a good player for the AML.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sottobosco said:
If anyone is watching the Brasil USA friendly game, watch out for Oscar in that Brasil midfield. I've mentioned him a year ago in this thread how good he was and how he was better then Mata and a year later I feel confident in repeating that claim.

Naturally I take him at Arsenal no question
I missed the USA match but saw Oscar for the first time verse Denmark last week and he certainly caught the eye. He seems to have that Wilshere-like ability on the ball to turn away from his marker sharply, creating space for himself. Looks to be very lightweight though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
truth_hurts said:
------------CM/Song--------Arteta/Wilshere-----------
--Theo/Ox---------Affelay/Rosicky----------Podolski/Gerv--
---------------------RVP/Giroud---------------------------

I like I like.

I would switch Poldi and Theo (yes Id interrupt the Sagna-Theo partnership) and put them both on their strong legs. The CM you speak of should be M'Vila.

Afellay, M'Vila, Giroud and perhaps Vertonghen could give us good depth for the season.

kalleTheMan

Established Member
1macca1 said:
Sottobosco said:
If anyone is watching the Brasil USA friendly game, watch out for Oscar in that Brasil midfield. I've mentioned him a year ago in this thread how good he was and how he was better then Mata and a year later I feel confident in repeating that claim.

Naturally I take him at Arsenal no question
I missed the USA match but saw Oscar for the first time verse Denmark last week and he certainly caught the eye. He seems to have that Wilshere-like ability on the ball to turn away from his marker sharply, creating space for himself. Looks to be very lightweight though.

Looks like he got a very good brain, some of his plays makes me think of Cesc. Very intersting playmaker in the making.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omo0I-AH7LI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omo0I-AH7LI</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AFC-Phil

Established Member
Certainly looks a talent. Shades of Cesc and Iniesta about him. I'll keep an eye out for him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
Sagna - - - Mertesacker - - - Koscielny
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - Arteta - - - - - - Vidal
Robben - - - - - - - - Kagawa - - - - - Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Van Persie

Interesting to think that's only three signings and a tweaking tactically.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
AFC-Phil said:
Certainly looks a talent. Shades of Cesc and Iniesta about him. I'll keep an eye out for him.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
Sagna - - - Mertesacker - - - Koscielny
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - Arteta - - - - - - Vidal
Robben - - - - - - - - Kagawa - - - - - Podolski
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Van Persie

Interesting to think that's only three signings and a tweaking tactically.

Gibbs in a dream team :shock: I'd settle happily enough for M'Villa, A. Johnson and Affelay instead of Vidal, Robben and Kagawa plus we could realistically get all 3 but will bid for none. Santos at LB.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
Gibbs in a dream team :shock: I'd settle happily enough for M'Villa, A. Johnson and Affelay instead of Vidal, Robben and Kagawa plus we could realistically get all 3 but will bid for none. Santos at LB.

He's clearly got a lot of potential, and I'd be more than happy to see him flourish alongside several other experienced top class players.

It would be the best enviornment to allow his development (Particularly his positional play). Not that I need to mention it, but his brilliant attacking game would certainly work as a supporting player in such a system.

MAK 14

Established Member
As others have mentioned above: Oscar. Amazing talent. Currently having another good game for Brazil against Mexico.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

First time I've seen him, and I agree, he does have a bit of Cesc about him, he makes almost identical runs.

iced22

Any Eredivisie experts out there who can give the low down on Dries Mertens?

Mind boggling numbers the last 2 seasons. Quite intrigued, but Youtube can only tell you so much.

Bossa

Established Member
iced22 said:
Any Eredivisie experts out there who can give the low down on Dries Mertens?

Mind boggling numbers the last 2 seasons. Quite intrigued, but Youtube can only tell you so much.

He's pretty good but I think that he's a pretty predictable player. Always cuts inside. Don't think that he's good enough for us. He does well against the poor sides in the Eredivisie but he isn't as dominant as the majority think. A club from the European sub top is probably his ceiling.

Yaya

Established Member
In
Jovetic 23mill
M'vila 17mill
Afellay 10mill
Campbell

Total:50mill

Out
Diaby-3.5m
Chamakh-1m
Park-1m
Denilson-3.5m
Benayoun-£0
Bendtner-2.5m
Vela-6.5m

Total:18m

dpt49

Established Member
Yaya said:
In
Jovetic 23mill
M'vila 17mill
Afellay 10mill
Campbell

Total:50mill

Out
Diaby-3.5m
Chamakh-1m
Park-1m
Denilson-3.5m
Benayoun-£0
Bendtner-2.5m
Vela-6.5m

Total:18m
All those players on the out list are on massive wages as well.
Probably 15m a year between them. That is a big saving.

I would keep Benayoun.
Though he was ok for a loan player.
Agree with the rest.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd be delighted if we just added M'Vila and Afellay to the squad now, there aren't that many gaps in our squad and those two + Podolski and Wilshere added to last seasons side would be enough for a strong title challenge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom