• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

GG8

Couldnt see Alcantara coming here.

If we got Affelay and M'Vila and kept Robin I'd be over the moon. Quality transfer imo.

Anzac

Established Member
fabo said:
mavelous said:
isla is a good shout

Seems like Juve are close to completing his signing, aswell as Asamoah.

Bugger - would prefer BOTH if we're going to maintain this B2B role.
Asamoah would be my first pick for the role, then the likes of Inler, & Dembele as a PL option based upon last season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Juve are building quite a squad if they get those two, if they get a world class striker as well they'll be VERY strong.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bossa said:
Thiago Alcantara or Affelay

Not really bothered about Thiago as I don't see him as better than Wilshere and much less certain of performing in this league than Jack but would be very happy with Afellay. Maybe a little strange as he is more of a dribbling type ala Nasri than a passing playmaker ala Cesc but the difference is that Afellay isn't afraid to shoot or pass the ball early.

I'll be very annoyed if Afellay joins a Premier league rival, Wenger has been known to rate Afellay and there's the RVP link but other than that there's nothing to suggest that we make a bid.

Ideally for me we'd tie up M'Villa with Diaby going to Rennes on loan to sort his fitness out, Ramsey goes on loan somewhere and we bring Afellay in as our new creative mid which would leave us with M'Villa, Song, Coquellin, Arteta, Wilshere, Affelay and Rosicky. Top notch midfield that would be but realistically we will be left waiting on Diabys injuries and whether Ramsey will improve next season.

Mudi

Buy:
GK: Gordon, Robinson, Green, ... I don't care, only if it's not a loser goalkeeper like Almunia.

RB: Sébastien Corchia: 21 year old right back who already has 118 match experiences.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0uwk85SHQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR0uwk85SHQ</a>

AMC/FW: Clint Dempsey: He's a proven attacking midfielder and will be a great addition to our squad. I know he's not world class, but so was Arteta and he became one of our best players last year. We really need a player like Dempsey who can play AMC (his strongest position) and FW.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6yXzP0MpkYPNs2Yk2c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6yXzP0MpkYPNs2Yk2c</a>

AMC/AMR: Afellay for the wings and number 10 position.

Squad 2013-2014:
GK: Chesney,???, Martinez
RB: Sagna, Corchia
LB: Gibbs, Santos
CB: Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Djourou
DM: Song, Coquelin
MC: Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey
AMC: Afellay, Rosicky, Dempsey
AML: Podolski, Gervinho
AMR: Walcott, Chamberlain, Afellay
FW: Van Persie, Dempsey, Podolski

A 24 man squad with lots of experience and quality.

We should sell:
Arshavin, Park, Chamakh, Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner, Fabianski, Lansbury, Bartley, Mannone, ...

Loan out:
Miquel, Afobe, Campbell, Ryo, Jenkinson (if possible or sell him) and Frimpong.

dpt49

Established Member
Mudi said:
Buy:

Squad 2013-2014:
GK: Chesney,???, Martinez
RB: Sagna, Corchia
LB: Gibbs, Santos
CB: Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Djourou
DM: Song, Coquelin
MC: Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey
AMC: Afellay, Rosicky, Dempsey
AML: Podolski, Gervinho
AMR: Walcott, Chamberlain, Afellay
FW: Van Persie, Dempsey, Podolski

A 24 man squad with lots of experience and quality.

We should sell:
Arshavin, Park, Chamakh, Diaby, Denilson, Bendtner, Fabianski, Lansbury, Bartley, Mannone, ...

Loan out:
Miquel, Afobe, Campbell, Ryo, Jenkinson (if possible or sell him) and Frimpong.
This sounds good.
I would still like to see M'Vila or even De Jong as well.

The Escaped Ape

Marquis said:
The Escaped Ape said:
Keisuke Honda, based on how he's playing for Japan right now...

Shop window performances against Azerbaijan, Oman and Jordan today, wouldn't you say?

He seemed determined to leave after the Lazio move fell through in January. Shame we're not even linked to him...

I'm hoping the lack of a link is proof we're in for him. That's how desperate I've become.

His reaction to the news of Kagawa's transfer was telling. Something along the lines of "He's the sort of player that can play for a big club. So am I". He's got ambitions for a move, certainly. I wonder how much longer he has left on his contract. A year?

dpt49

Established Member
The Escaped Ape said:
Marquis said:
The Escaped Ape said:
I'm hoping the lack of a link is proof we're in for him. That's how desperate I've become.
You might be right.

If you consider the hundreds of pages devoted to players we haven't even come close to signing like, Hazard, Benzema, Goetze, Kagawa, Mata etc. and then the very few pages on the one's we have signed, there might be something in your theory, even if it is out of desperation :wink:

Anzac

Established Member
THunter said:
Juve are building quite a squad if they get those two, if they get a world class striker as well they'll be VERY strong.

RVP it is then - they've already indicated they are interested.

Anzac

Established Member
The Escaped Ape said:
Keisuke Honda, based on how he's playing for Japan right now...

Didn't we have a thread for him last summer?
I think we were talking about wanting him here about the same time we signed Ryo - even moreso than Kagawa at the time IIRC.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
if you've got some time to spare waiting for more rumors that will never come true, i wish you'd go to the last page of the transfer forum and read some of those old threads. posts from 2003 and 2004. kind of amazing to read now.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Does anyone know whether it's true that Mancini has said that Nasri is not in his plans this season ? Apparently it was reported in L'equipe . Could be sold apparently .

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'm doubtful about that Nasri story. I mean what's the alternative? Adam Johnson? They failed to get Hazard. Doubt Mancini will ship Nasri just yet, maybe after another year.

Top Bottom