• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
Lets pick the bones out of Malaga & Villarreal.
Cazorla, Isco, Toulalan, Valero, Nilmar & Zapata.

Add Niang & a #2 GK (Gordon???) & we'd be set without breaking the bank.

Vela

Established Member
Anzac said:

Giuseppe Rossi and Bruno Soriano.

Impact

Established Member
Jérémy Toulalan would be a very shrewd signing. I'd envision him having a similar impact to Arteta on our midfield. Malaga paid €10million for his services last summer. I think we could match that fee and we'd have a player capable of competing for our box-to-box ball winning role, as well as, covering our deep-lying playmaker slot.

Anzac

Established Member
Vela said:
Anzac said:

Giuseppe Rossi and Bruno Soriano.

I'd prefer Rossi to Nilmar as he could play as any of the 3 behind the striker,
but he's long term injured knee ligament damage isn't he???

I don't know Soriano.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Vela said:
Bruno Soriano.

Huge player, better than any other option in DM on the market right now (including M'Vila), can do a job at left back and would go for less than 10m probably because of Villarreal's relegation. Would have an impact here at least as big as Arteta's last season I think.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Bruno would be a decent backup, but no way is he going to have the same impact as Arteta.

His passing is above average for a midfielder and he's a decent tackler, but I've seen him get rattled under pressure far too often for my liking.

He's not better or even as good as Song imo. Still, he's better than the backups currently at the club and I'd tend to agree that he'd have bigger immediate impact than someone like M'Vila.

Reckon Beñat Etxebarria would be a better purchase but he's not exactly a proper DM. but I believe that you'd be fine with a midfield of Wilshere, Song/Arteta and Beñat. Wilshere puts in a huge shift defensively and Arteta is no pushover as well.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bruno is light years ahead of Benat in every aspect besides free kicks maybe, no contest for me. Far better defensively than every midfielder we have at the club and, funnily in complete contrast to what you believe, a very calm player that doesn't let pressure get to him at all. Opens up play very well, not the one for flashy passes but more akin to someone like Busquets. The Song of 11/12 is a bad comparison because of his drastic change in playing style, but the "classic" DM Song of 09/10 or 10/11 is definitely inferior to him. No way in hell he'd be a back-up here if he even remotely reproduces his form of the last two or three years.

Think we could even play Bruno in a flat midfield three, would be of immense help to our notoriously holey defence.
There are few players I rate higher at DM, Busquets for example again is, unfortunately for Bruno's NT career, one of those few. He'd certainly have at least 20-30 caps if it weren't for Sergio.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Anybody else think that there's a top player in Danny Sturridge if he was to get a good coach working with him?

Unlikely well buy another forward whether RVP stays or not but I really wouldn't mind him here. As soon as this is a Wish list Ill go with Gordon, Bosingwa, M'Villa and Cazorla.

wishful_llama

^^

VDV's got a bit of the Arshavin's about him in terms of his work rate and the **** would never sell to us. Plus I couldn't stomach the prospect of buying their cast offs, so no thanks

fabo

6.51 / 10
Yep, alot of similarities with Arshavin for me. Can see him declining fast and eventually struggling in England. Guarantees you a certain amount of goals right now though, if played in the right role and less defensive responsibility.

I'm actually intrigued to see how Sp**s fit VDV and Sigurdsson in the team together, both might need that AM role to operate best. VDV won't cut it deeper in the PL, and he struggles out wide with the running.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Butland, i liked the little i saw in the Team GB game, we've been linked and the club seems to rate him. He'd be a keeper who i could really see challenging Szczsney, has Joe Hart like qualities and would be homegrown so could take Mannone's spot in the registrations.

Jbruin

Established Member
bingobob said:
I see Liverpool have reported interest in Joe Allen (22). Im surprised we never registered interest in him or Leon Britton (20) with BR moving on and not being able to buy any of those players.

Premier League experience, good passers of the ball and both young enough to improve.
Leon Britton is 29 and is actually a product of our youth academy.

Impact

Established Member
Bruno Soriano is a very good defensive anchor but he's too limited to play in the role Alex Song currently employs.

I reckon Jack Butland is a goalkeeper with enormous potential. He'll need the right club to harness his talent. Right now, he could become the next Joe Hart or the next Paul Robinson. I can't see it being a sensible move for him to come here to play second fiddle to Wojciech Szczesny.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wish listing every other day :D

In:
Cazorla, Mirallas, Dempsey, Niang

Out:
RvP, Chamakh, Bendtner, Vela, Park

Keep:
Walcott

On Loan:
Denilson,