• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

G0D

Almighty
A right back and a centre back. The fact that we're not really hearing any news on that front (especially RB) scares the crap out of me. Jenkinson should be nowhere near the first team.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny/Schwarzer
- Sagna/Montoya* - - - Koscielny/Mertesacker - - - Agger/Vermaelen - - - Gibbs/Santos
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - De Rossi/Song - - - - - - - - Sahin/Arteta
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla/Wilshere
- - Walcott/Gervinho - - - - - - - - - - - - Van Persie/Giroud - - - - - Podolski/Chamberlain

* - Shamelessly stolen from illmatik. :D

GDeep™

League is very weak
Forget his name, but Japan's RB has looked decent in the Olympics, if anyone knows more...

Im hoping Sahin gets done soon too.

Not happening but Robin staying too, im not a big Poldi fan and Giroud isn't top class. Think we have a shout of winning something... with an elite striker.

squallkid

Established Member
In
Sahin
Cazorla (hopefully confirmed on Thursday)
Craig Gordon
Debuchy (let's get this guy before Toon do)

Out
Diaby
Arshavin
Chamakh
Park
Squillaci
Bendnter
Fabianski

Stay
Walcott
Van Persie (new contract)

For Sunderland

-----------------Chesney-----

Debuchy*-----Koscielny---Vermaelen--Gibbs

-Cazorla-----Sahin---Arteta-----Podolski--

-----------------Rvp---------

----------------Giroud-------

If all the above happens we would be for a very exciting team. *Only because Sagna is injured

MDGoonah41

Established Member
---- sahin --------- arteta --------

------------ cazorla ---------------

--- walcott ------------ podolski --

------------- rvp ------------------

illmatik

Established Member
We need a gk more than anything, I am not confident in Szez yet and if Fabianski leaves, we really need sufficient backup

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny/Fabianski
- Sagna/Jenkinson - - - Koscielny/Mertesacker - - - Vermaelen/Bartley - - - Gibbs/Santos/Miquel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Song/Wilshere/Coquelin - - - - - - - - Sahin/Arteta
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ramsey/Rosicky/Diaby
- - Walcott/Chamberlain - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud/Podolski - - - - - - - - Cazorla/Gervinho

That squad has huuuge potential. Would be nice if we could add a versatile defender or maybe another attacker too. And if we keep everyone we'd need only a few slight changes over the next year or two with maybe some youngsters coming through and taking squad places. We should look at signing some highly rated prospects like Butland, Shaw, Niang etc

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

MDGoonah41 said:
we need a right back.

This. And let's hope Gibbs can stay injury-free and have a sound season.

Not much news on Fabianksi, he could stay another year and walk out on free next summer; I wouldn't mind to be honest.

Impact

Established Member
I'd like to see Mannone, Squillaci, Lansbury, Bendtner, Park and Arshavin all sold before the season begins.

Flow

- Sahin
- Cazorla
- Naxto Monreal
- Niang

------------------------------Giroud/Podolski/Niang
Oxlade/Santos-------------------------------------------------Walcott/Gervinho
---------------------------Cazorla/Rosicky/Ramsey
---------------------Arteta/Sahin-----------Song/Wilshere/Diaby
Monreal/Gibbss--Vermaelen/Miguel--Koscielny/Mertesacker--Sagna/Coquelin
------------------------------Szczesny/Fabianski

Mudi

Isco please!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHf0_ZG3Mo&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHf0_ZG ... re=related</a>

Impact

Established Member
I like Isco, I think he's a special talent but I don't think he's built for the Premier League. He doesn't have the required power to thrive here. He'd need a few seasons to adjust his game to the ferocity of the league and at this time, I don't think we should be targeting that type of player for a first team purchase.

Mudi

Built for the PL? Are Kagawa, Mata, Silva, Hazard, Oscar, ... all built for the PL?

The way Isco plays reminds me of a better version of Nasri. Great feet, but also a great vision and faster with the ball. I think he's the right player to play at the left wing

----------------Giroud/Podolski--------
Gervinho/Isco--Cazorla/Wilshere--Walcott/Chamberlain
-----------Arteta/Ramsey--Song/Coq-----
Gibbs/Santos---Verm/DJ-Kos/Mert---Sagna/???

We also have Rosicky and Diaby who we can play on the midfield.

We actually need only Isco and a back-up RB (I can't stand Jenkinson, DJ or Kos playing on the RB when Sagna is injured)

We should really start selling players:
Arshavin
Squillaci (give him free + a little bit money to the other team so they can pay his ridiculous wage)
Mannone
Bendtner
Lansbury
Chamakh
Park

How more we wait, how more other teams buy other players.

Impact

Established Member
Mudi said:
Built for the PL? Are Kagawa, Mata, Silva, Hazard, Oscar, ... all built for the PL?

The way Isco plays reminds me of a better version of Nasri. Great feet, but also a great vision and faster with the ball. I think he's the right player to play at the left wing...

We haven't seen Kagawa, Hazard or Oscar in the Premier League yet so you can't use them in your argument. Mata and Silva aren't built for the Premier League but they're good enough players to adapt their game to suit it. Even still, we're yet to see the best of Mata and Silva showed his brilliance in patches last season and Isco isn't on the level of the two aforementioned players yet, so imagine his adaptation period.

Undoubtedly, Isco is a good player. To use your Nasri comparision, I somewhat agree. I think he'll be like the Nasri that first came to Arsenal: a good dribbler, good passer etc but not incisive or penetrative enough to get us a significant amout of goal or assists. I think in time Isco could adapt and be a good player in the Premier League just like Nasri did but he'll take a few seasons to do so. Time we don't have if we're serious about challenging for trophies immediately.

If we were to sign Isco and develop him whilst not giving him a prominent role in the team then I'd be for that otherwise, I'll pass right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom