• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Since Songs sale that has put us back a step with regards to quality starting seniors, we need one more top level signing to get my optimism back for this season and preferably in midfield.

I can already see that were relying on Cazorla too much, he needs a partner of his level or there about's and I think we could run riot.

Buhry

Established Member

Splash 30-40 million on a quality CM and a quality wide forward to start games instead of gervinho and walcott. If we don't adress these 2 areas I can easily see us struggling for a CL spot this season. We got lucky last season, we shouldn't rely on luck again. We should be aiming to improve on last season anyway, these 2 areas are a must if we are to do that. Diaby is not good enough to be a starter and neither is gervinho or walcott. Walcott is a decent impact sub but should not be starting for us, gervinho is garbage, diaby is injury prone and very average when fit.

We need more quality in the middle of the park, diaby is too anonymous and gives the ball away too much, we need someone who can dominate, diaby will never be that guy.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i argued vociferously for götze last year. but he missed a big chunk of last year through injury, his injuries are now a concern, and i dont think wenger would gamble that amount of money right now

qs

Established Member
Could imagine Goetze wanting to step up to another level though. If he wants into the Germany team regularly he'll have to do better than alot of good players.

Buhry

Established Member

Flow said:
Cabaye/Lars Bender
Götze/Muniain

MAKE IT ******* HAPPEN.

Yes please to all those suggestions. The first 2 would be great because we need quality like that in central midfield.

The other 2 would be amazing because we need more attacking flair and both would also be genuinely exiting signings, other than the recent Cazorla signing we haven't had too many of those. Both Muniain and Götze look like they could be potentially world class players, and allready good enough to be an imporvement over some of the guys starting for us at the moment.

I'd like Isco as well, an alternative to muniain/götze. Not that I think we'll sign any of them :x

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Buhry said:
Flow said:
Cabaye/Lars Bender
Götze/Muniain

MAKE IT ******* HAPPEN.

Yes please to all those suggestions. The first 2 would be great because we need quality like that in central midfield.

The other 2 would be amazing because we need more attacking flair and both would also be genuinely exiting signings, other than the recent Cazorla signing we haven't had too many of those. Both Muniain and Götze look like they could be potentially world class players, and allready good enough to be an imporvement over some of the guys starting for us at the moment.

I'd like Isco as well, an alternative to muniain/götze. Not that I think we'll sign any of them :x

That's actually someone we could sign, would like him here as a Nasri replacement

Flow

Indeed. We can rob Malaga once more and swap Chamakh for Isco. :lol:

Don't know the player well, but is he already good enough for the first XI? We don't have the time to wait 3 seasons till he actually brings some good football.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Although Law in Germany might negotiate to ship players out, I hope he is there to get Götze in.

--------- Giroud

Podolski---- Götze ---- Walcott

----------Arteta --Cazorla

If Theo stalls on signing a new contract, Götze would replace him nicely.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
very good call actually. cazorla dictating from deep, actually could work like an inverted pyramid ala barca trio. closest thing to xaviniesta.

still not sold on that front 3.

Segway

Yohan Cabaye. Fantastic all-round midfielder who'd give us both steel and attacking potency with his passing and long shot ability.

Buhry

Established Member

Flow said:
Indeed. We can rob Malaga once more and swap Chamakh for Isco. :lol:

Don't know the player well, but is he already good enough for the first XI? We don't have the time to wait 3 seasons till he actually brings some good football.

Better than gervinho for sure, probably better than walcott as well, bit different player though, much more technically gifted and creative.

Watched malaga play olympiakos(i think?) in the cl qualifiers, he was easily motm and looked quality on the left wing/cutting inside. Very typical spanish attacking midfielder if you know what i mean, ala silva/mata.

Anzac

Established Member
Flow said:
There you go.

Realistic:
Isco and Dembele

Somewhat less realistic:
Muniain and Cabaye

Add Mbwia as defensive cover to either of those options and we'd have covered most of the bases.

Not going to hold my breath for any,
let alone 3.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I think we would be really great team with Fellaini and Lewandowski.
I know it seems unrealistic, but somehow I have a feeling this both deals might happen.
Bendtner + cash for Lewandowski.
And cash for Fellaini.
Sell Arshavin, Chamakh and Squillaci and release money from wages, since I don't think we can get anything significant for them.

FinnGooner

Established Member
So we're not actually linked to anybody at the moment and people are just bumping up various rumor threads without any new links...F**K!!!

I'm really hoping that Wenger has an ace in his sleeve but it seems to me our squad is what it is and we're supposed to have faith that Gervinho will create chances for Giroud & co.! I actually think we need a wide forward more than a DM. So far our midfield has lost very little crucial battles and we've had two quite physical opponents in Sunderland and Stoke.

Wish: any wide player with a good cross. It's been a long long time since we last had a good crosser in our team. Podolski should have one but I prefer him in the middle.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Kanonier said:
Splash £30 Million on Javier Martinez and we would have the best midfield in Europe!

THree-mid2.jpg

:wink:

Top Bottom