• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Dembele would be one of my no1 targets, imagine him and Cazorla going at the opposition behind the strikers, could be devastating.

I really feel Cazorla needs a wing man going forward from midfield, were to disjointed up front and on the wings for my liking.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dembele = what Diaby would have been without injuries.

I've not seen a lot of Dembele, but I know he likes to hold onto the ball - sometimes for a little too long too!

MDGoonah41

Established Member
----------------- sneezy -----------------------------

-- sagna --- kos ----- vermaelen --- gibbs ---

--- arteta -------- bender ------ cabaye --------

--------------------- cazorla -------------------------

---------- giroud --------------- podolski ----------

mannone/flappy
mert
santos
wilshere
ox
isco
gervinho

FinnGooner

Established Member
Interesting:

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1144769/didier-drogba-and-nicolas-anelka-could-be-sold-by-shanghai-shenhua?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ua?cc=5739</a>

So Drogba and Anelka might be available soon. I wouldn't mind signing Drogba for one year. We are still only couple of injuries away from having Chamakh as our main goal threat

outlaw_member

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
----------------- sneezy -----------------------------

-- sagna --- kos ----- vermaelen --- gibbs ---

--- arteta -------- bender ------ cabaye --------

--------------------- cazorla -------------------------

---------- giroud --------------- podolski ----------

mannone/flappy
mert
santos
wilshere
ox
isco
gervinho

A centrally focused team needs a centrally focused formation such as the 4-3-1-2. It's a better fit for our central patterns.

Buhry

Established Member

The Jury said:
Dembele = what Diaby would have been without injuries.

I've not seen a lot of Dembele, but I know he likes to hold onto the ball - sometimes for a little too long too!

Looks to have much better control in his dribbling and more acceleration and power than diaby's ever shown for me. I agree that this is probably how Wenger and diaby fans have imagined he'd turn out though, a guy like him driving forward supporting Cazorla with Arteta holding in the Biscuits role would be quite good I think.

If the United game's any indication he does a good amount of closing down and provides a strong physical presence as well as forward drive and penetration though. Seems like the only thing he's lacking atm is a bit of end product, I'm sure wenger could impove him a bit though. And then again assists and goals are not everything, look at iniesta for example, or vieira.

Isco
Dembele/Cabaye
Mbiwa

New winger and new CM should be prioritized over a new defender imo, our attack looks very mediocre especially on the wings.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
A centrally focused team needs a centrally focused formation such as the 4-3-1-2. It's a better fit for our central patterns.

yea that was my thought. ive given it a lot of consideration. i think against most teams, playing with wide forwards who arent up to par is going to be a net negative. against teams that park the bus, we wont have a chance to counterattack. and lets face it, walcott does not thrive in tight spaces. gervinho is a good dribbler, but hes too passive. if we play a 4-3-3 with width, we dont currently have the personnel to do it. id rather play a narrow 4-3-1-2 with elite central players and a traditional striker partnership

eye4goal

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
if we play a 4-3-3 with width, we dont currently have the personnel to do it. id rather play a narrow 4-3-1-2 with elite central players and a traditional striker partnership

I agree 4-3-3 isn't going to work. Giroud is no RVP, dropping deep to link play isn't as natural to him. He needs two wingers supplying him the same way Ribery and Robben supply Gomez.

BeijingBaller

Christ, my head is spinning. Assuming theo goes, we need at least three players, right? Wide forward, some kind of mid, preferably defensively focused, and a defender. Probably a backup striker too, right?

Buhry

Established Member

BeijingBaller said:
Christ, my head is spinning. Assuming theo goes, we need at least three players, right? Wide forward, some kind of mid, preferably defensively focused, and a defender. Probably a backup striker too, right?

Tbh we are short in attack even if theo stays. If he goes we'll obviously need to replace him but really we'd need probably 2 new attackers then, at least 1 winger.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If Dembeles really available for 15m I WANT! Possibly even throw in Arshavin as part exchange as a deal sweetner. A trio of Dembele, Arteta and Cazorla is as technically proficient as any in the league.

Impact

Established Member
Impact said:
I'd like to see 2-3 signings in the final week or so of the window:
  • Box-to-box ball winning midfielder
  • Experienced full-back
  • Technically gifted wide forward - if Walcott doesn't sign a new contract

Also, I am hoping for a few departures too. I'd be happy to see any of the following leave:
  • Bendtner
  • Park
  • Arshavin
  • Squillaci
  • Lansbury
  • Chamakh

However, I expect one of Arshavin or Chamakh to stay to add depth to our forward line.

Just a few days left for this to happen - Only Lansbury has left thus far.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

Nani
Fellaini
Dzeko
Monreal

Helps to deal with the departures, giving us quality players as well as good pr for the board, which they desperately need.

Charisma

Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Nani
Fellaini
Dzeko
Monreal

Helps to deal with the departures, giving us quality players as well as good pr for the board, which they desperately need.

I would love Nani here, it would be a upgrade on any of our wingers at the moment. However, if we are being realistic I do not think Ferguson would sell Nani to us.

eye4goal

Established Member
qs said:
Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Just give Newcastle whatever they want for them.

Agreed. Ben Arfa would replace RVP in terms of individuality, and Cabaye would be an improvement on Song. I expect we'll go for cheaper alternatives(Affelay and some Ligue 1 midfielder)

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If those cheaper alternatives are Afellay and say Belhanda I'd be absolutely over the moon, more so than if we overpaid for the Newcastle duo.

Loken

Since this is the WISH list, I'd add just a couple of players to make a perfect First 11, obviously you'd need more to provide squad depth but imagine this.

BUY

- Navas
- Fabregas
- Llorente

--Podolski---Llorente-----Navas--
-------------Fabregas-------------
------Arteta----------Cazorla------
-Gibbs--Vermaelen--Koscielny--Sagna-
------------Szczesny----------------

Alternate Arteta with Wilshere depending on the opposition as well as Giroud with Llorente.

Ah, a man can dream. The sad truth is that except from Fabregas and Llorente, Navas is actually a reasonable target and this team isn't so far off what could be possible. I'd love a Spanish core to our team, recover that beautiful football we used to play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom